Mel's 2000 Civic Si

A place to post photos and discuss your car.
theholycow
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '80 Buick LeSabre 4.1 5MT

Re: Mel's 2000 Civic Si

Post by theholycow »

gburn wrote:As a Honda certified used car mine is still under a warranty. I wonder if that would be voided if I put one in.
I'm not sure how it applies to extended warranties, but the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act says that it cannot. The worst allowed is to deny a warranty claim when they can prove that the failure was caused by your modification. The rest of the vehicle is still covered. Don't tell me you paid Honda prices without expecting the engine to outlast the warranty!

In the real world it's not so clean; dealers will balk and refuse and blacklist your engine and anything they think they can fool you into accepting. I don't understand why, since they get paid for it, except if they think they'll get denied payment. In extreme situations a threat of legal action, or some actual legal action, may be necessary to enforce the Magnuson Moss act.

So, when it's all said and done, you gotta pay to play; modifying your warrantied car is risky business, though not as risky as some people think.

I'd say go ahead and put on the intake if it will make you happy, although I'm pretty skeptical that an intake upgrade is useful on a stock engine unless you believe Honda's engineers were incompetent.
1980 Buick LeSabre 4.1L 5MT

Put your car in your sig!

Learn to launch/FAQs/lugging/misused terms: meta-sig
watkins wrote:Humans have rear-biased AWD. Cows have 4WD
FDSpirit
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2000 Honda Civic Si

Post by FDSpirit »

Pretty sure you're right. Unless you royally screw up the install, you should be fine.
2000 Honda Civic Si- Slightly faster than your grandmomma's grocery getter......slightly.
FDSpirit
Master Standardshifter

Post by FDSpirit »

Took a few interior photos. I can't remember if this was because of the flash, or if the sun has actually been mean to my seats.
Gotta replace that armrest. It's beat to all hell.
Teh Bleche White in action:
2000 Honda Civic Si- Slightly faster than your grandmomma's grocery getter......slightly.
gburn
Junior Standardshifter
Cars: 2008 Civic Si sedan

Post by gburn »

Thanks, Potownrob and FDSpirit.
2008 Civic Si 4dr.
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

damn mel, i want your car NAO!! the interior is driving me insane with si fever for some reason...must be the shift knob...are those prelude rims??
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
FDSpirit
Master Standardshifter

Post by FDSpirit »

:lol: Nope. Those are stock Si wheels.
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

FDSpirit wrote::lol: Nope. Those are stock Si wheels.
epic wheel identification skill fail :oops: :( :lol:
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
FDSpirit
Master Standardshifter

Post by FDSpirit »

:lol: . They do look similar, but I think the Prelude has 5 spokes. Mine has 7 and are a bit wider.
vedran
Master Standardshifter

Post by vedran »

FDSpirit wrote::lol: . They do look similar, but I think the Prelude has 5 spokes.
I think Rob was thinking about the 4th gen 'Lude wheels:

BTW, sweet car! Looks like it's in great condition. I don't think I've ever seen that generation Si without any rice-tastic mods.
2012 VW GTI - 6MT
2001 Infiniti QX4 - 4AT
eggwich delfiero
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: Mustang GT

Post by eggwich delfiero »

^I love those Preludes, they just look dope. I really like the Accord coupes from around 2000 or so when they were hecka wedgy.
Thas wuz good, son.

And Mel, your car is one armrest and one driver's side floor mat away from being maaad tite. I like it.

Edit: did these Accords come with stick? I'm scare to google it.
vedran
Master Standardshifter

Post by vedran »

eggwich delfiero wrote:^I love those Preludes, they just look dope. I really like the Accord coupes from around 2000 or so when they were hecka wedgy.
did these Accords come with stick? I'm scare to google it.
Unfortunately, only the 4cyl F23 came in manual. The V6 J30 was auto-only, but I think the gearbox from the Acura CL-S 6-speed will fit.
Last edited by vedran on Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2012 VW GTI - 6MT
2001 Infiniti QX4 - 4AT
eggwich delfiero
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: Mustang GT

Post by eggwich delfiero »

Thanks dude. Can I now say "I like the F23 Accord coupes" and sound cool, or is adding on the coupe part redundant? (Again, scare to google.) Rear end reminds me of a civilized NSX.
FDSpirit
Master Standardshifter

Post by FDSpirit »

eggwich delfiero wrote:^I love those Preludes, they just look dope. I really like the Accord coupes from around 2000 or so when they were hecka wedgy.
Thas wuz good, son.

And Mel, your car is one armrest and one driver's side floor mat away from being maaad tite. I like it.

Edit: did these Accords come with stick? I'm scare to google it.
:lol: . Yeah. The mat and armrest are pretty worn. The former is actually pretty nice since I pivot that way most of the time with the throttle pedal. The worn area with the clutch pedal though bothers me since my heel isn't on the floor.
That Accord is nice. Most of the Accord coupes are, IMO.
This is my personal favorite:
I couldn't find the one with the LED bulbs. I think they're the same gen though.
FDSpirit
Master Standardshifter

Post by FDSpirit »

Okay. A few things.
As many of you know, my sway bar links are fubar. Well, we got one of those mother f'ers off, but ran out of cutting discs. Stopping by HF this weekend to finish the job. I'll show you guys how bad the old ones were. The rust had seized them onto the lower control arms and the sway bar badly. So bad not even PB Blaster worked. I let that stuff soak for hours and still nothing.
Also got a new climate control switch coming in the mail this week :mrgreen: . Now I shall have lower heat settings. :lol: . Last but not least, winter tires are probably gonna go on in the next few weeks. Although with the snow we just had, my current ones worked pretty nicely.