RITmusic2k's new... 330i ZHP (Happy Anniversary Edition!)

A place to post photos and discuss your car.
RITmusic2k
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2004 BMW 330i ZHP

Re: RITmusic2k's new...

Post by RITmusic2k »

Hah, now kids, go easy on Alfa. Just because he's wrong doesn't mean he's a bad person. He's a bad person when he doesn't accept that wrongness and change. :lol:

But in response to your comment, Alfa - yeah, it's probably not gonna be 50k miles; it's prolly gonna be 20k. The cooling system in these cars is seriously flawed and should be preventatively replaced before hitting 100k on the odometer. Add to that the eventual need to rebuild the VANOS system and I'll be putting a couple grand into the car within a year or two. But that's true of every used car. Used cars cost more than their purchase price; the trick is knowing when and how much extra you'll be spending, and figuring that into your budget. I've accounted for that and it's still the best deal I was able to work out. Meanwhile, she's a blast to drive. Worth every extra penny of potential future maintenance costs :twisted:
1974Alfa5spd
Master Standardshifter

Post by 1974Alfa5spd »

RITmusic2k wrote:Meanwhile, she's a blast to drive.
'Ring time? :P
ElectroGhandi
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 1994 Isuzu Rodeo V6

Post by ElectroGhandi »

Aesthetically it's in good condition but he's been having electrical, transmission, and engine problems with it since he got it.
1974Alfa5spd
Master Standardshifter

Post by 1974Alfa5spd »

paul34 wrote:
ElectroGhandi wrote:One of my co-workers has a Mercedes-Benz C230 hatchback but guess why he comes to work in a Ford F-150 almost all the time.
I wasn't aware there were any C230 hatchbacks driven by those without a vagina. Also, is it kinda crappy condition? I've never seen a C230 in good condition.
Let me put it this way, f*ck any Mercedes with that numbering format. The quality fell through the floor after they switch from the ###AA to A### (around 1996). Both of our 90s Mercs are made of high-strength steel and are designed to last forever. The W201s E/C's and W140 S's actually had biodegradable wiring harnesses because they thought they were going to end up in a junkyard in 10-15 years. Now the harnesses are doing their job. Image
six
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2015 Chevrolet SS 6MT

Post by six »

This thread is about RIT's new BMW. I think we should take the argument somewhere else. He likes it, and that's all that matters.
2015 Heron White Chevrolet SS Sedan 6MT
94Corolla5Speed
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 1994 Corolla, 1990 Miata

Post by 94Corolla5Speed »

Now we can go back to my question from the 1st page:

How hard is it to remove the CDV?
1974Alfa5spd
Master Standardshifter

Post by 1974Alfa5spd »

94Corolla5Speed wrote:Now we can go back to my question from the 1st page:

How hard is it to remove the CDV?
I'll make up for my post (which was made in jest. God, you guys cannot take a joke. I was drooling over an E36 M3 for the longest time AND STILL AM. :roll: )
http://www.zeckhausen.com/CDV.htm
Easy.
watkins
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Saab 9-5 Aero wagon

Post by watkins »

six wrote:This thread is about RIT's new BMW. I think we should take the argument somewhere else. He likes it, and that's all that matters.
But it is on SS.com......
eggwich delfiero
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: Mustang GT

Post by eggwich delfiero »

six wrote:This thread is about RIT's new BMW. I think we should take the argument somewhere else. He likes it, and that's all that matters.
WUZ GOOD STANDARDSHIFT? (That's my attempt at being off-topic smartass. Now on to relevancy!)

I liek this car. Only thing I would change is to a dark tan/tobacco interior (if it was even offered) then after six months of trying to keep it clean I would be wishing I had your interior anyways. I like the E46 sedans, good looking cars.

Here are my whiny moments, please disregard and don't take seriously, as they are not a big deal:
1. Why do the wheels looks so big? I know they are only 18s, a great functional size, but they look monstro. Maybe it's just the closeupness of teh pics.
2. Why does BMW always seem to make the front wheel well so much larger than the rear wheel well? I'm not complaining, as I like the way the vast majority of their cars look, and I never not like them because of this feature, I am just curious.

Sweet car, I am jealous. Of course I want a 2002 M Coupe as my #1 target bimmer, but your car is a more realistic option that I would definitely consider. Those dang M Coupes just hold their value so well, angers up my blood.
ElectroGhandi
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 1994 Isuzu Rodeo V6

Post by ElectroGhandi »

Is that that weird looking Z3 hatchback?
vedran
Master Standardshifter

Post by vedran »

Man, I love that clown shoe car.

Oh, yeah - sweet car Kevin! Congrats!
2012 VW GTI - 6MT
2001 Infiniti QX4 - 4AT
RITmusic2k
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2004 BMW 330i ZHP

Post by RITmusic2k »

1974Alfa5spd wrote:'Ring time? :P
I'll have to ask 'ze Germans. Prolly a solid 4:00.
watkins wrote:But it is on SS.com......
Exactly. I like the arguments, don't you? :P
1974Alfa5spd wrote:I'll make up for my post
Too late. You're wrong forever :twisted:
eggwich delfiero wrote:WUZ GOOD STANDARDSHIFT?
Wuz good. Anyone here like cranking? Revving? Pedal pumping?
eggwich delfiero wrote:I liek this car. Only thing I would change is to a dark tan/tobacco interior (if it was even offered) then after six months of trying to keep it clean I would be wishing I had your interior anyways. I like the E46 sedans, good looking cars.
Totally. There's a brown leather interior available (I forget the name of the color, but it's cool-sounding), and if this car had one I definitely wouldn't pass on it in search of a black-on-black... but black-on-black does make me a happy camper.
eggwich delfiero wrote:1. Why do the wheels looks so big? I know they are only 18s, a great functional size, but they look monstro. Maybe it's just the closeupness of teh pics.
Maybe. I totally see it too. They look HUUUGE.
eggwich delfiero wrote:2. Why does BMW always seem to make the front wheel well so much larger than the rear wheel well?
I've noticed that most cars actually have this to some degree. Front wheel well is 'taller' than rear wheel well. My completely scientific and heavily-researched answer follows:
Cars tend to require more suspension travel in the front. Also, cars tend to steer with their front wheels, necessitating a larger opening to allow for suspension travel in all sorts of articulated wheel positions, such as while hitting a bump at full-lock.
eggwich delfiero wrote:Sweet car, I am jealous. Of course I want a 2002 M Coupe as my #1 target bimmer, but your car is a more realistic option that I would definitely consider. Those dang M Coupes just hold their value so well, angers up my blood.
My buddy has a yellow one. It is crazy. I'd never go for one, but I understand the draw.

Thanks for all the nice things y'all're sayin'!
LHOswald
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '99 Civic Hatch w/B16a

Post by LHOswald »

RITmusic2k wrote:Anyone here like cranking? Revving? Pedal pumping?
LOL i remember that guy
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '19 4RUNNER TRD ORP

Post by AHTOXA »

Yeah, he tried IMing me about that stuff too.
'19 Toyota 4Runner TRD ORP
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
94Corolla5Speed
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 1994 Corolla, 1990 Miata

Post by 94Corolla5Speed »

He just im'ed me a few weeks ago :?