2007 Ford Ranger XL Reg. Cab V6 2WD - Slush

A place to post photos and discuss your car.
Chris H.

Re: 2007 Ford Ranger XL Reg. Cab V6 2WD - Slush

Post by Chris H. »

Wow. :shock:

:lol:

Yeah I never understood Mercury's place in the market as of the last few years.

Lincoln needs to die.
ElectroGhandi
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 1994 Isuzu Rodeo V6

Post by ElectroGhandi »

Chris H. wrote: Lincoln needs to die.
No.
Squint
Master Standardshifter

Post by Squint »

ElectroGhandi wrote:
Chris H. wrote: Lincoln needs to die.
No.
Yes. They're just old people vehicles.. And Mercury's are just really overpriced slightly shinier Fords.
'15 Mazda 3 iSport Hatch 6MT
'11 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 5MT
'14 Giant Escape City 24MT
'97 Honda Civic EX 4AT - Retired @ 184,001 mi

For Pony!
ElectroGhandi
Master Standardshifter

Post by ElectroGhandi »

Are they old people vehicles? Well they're certainly better than the shit being produced by everyone else. So I guess the old people have good taste.
Squint
Master Standardshifter

Post by Squint »

I'd take a Ford, almost any of the models of cars out currently (and some of their SUVs too), over EVERY Lincoln or Mercury out in the past 20 years. And the current Honda's are decent vehicles. Reliable, just like the majority of Toyota's. BMW is still BMW. Mercedes is still Mercedes.

Yes, there are brands down (think Jeep, as an example) but there are decent cars being made all over the place. Have you driven anything besides your Izuzu recently? Because there are definitely good vehicles being made.

EDIT: Oh, and I think Shadow would say Audi is still good too. And I'd agree with that.

For Pony!
ElectroGhandi
Master Standardshifter

Post by ElectroGhandi »

Yes I have. Nissan Altima = shit. Honda Pilot = shit. You've obviously never driven a Lincoln Town Car if you think a Honda is better.
Squint
Master Standardshifter

Post by Squint »

I'd agree the pilot is shit. The civic's are decent cars if you don't mind the road noise. I have one. I've had friends that have them. Potownrob has had accords. Also, I never said Nissan. On the other hand, I've driven Ford Fusion, Flex, Focus, Fiesta, Expedition, Explorer (not newer one) all within the past 6 months. And they're all decent vehicles (though I'd take the Flex over the Expedition... it's aging as a design).

And you're saying all BMW's made are shitty now? And all Audi's? Cause I'm pretty sure they're considered good cars.

For Pony!
ElectroGhandi
Master Standardshifter

Post by ElectroGhandi »

Your Honda is a '97. New Hondas are terrible. Like really terrible.

I know what you're saying and I was being a little extreme when I said everything else sucks. However, Lincolns are not just "old people cars" and they are actually quite good. People need to understand this.
watkins
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Saab 9-5 Aero wagon

Post by watkins »

There is nothing special that sets Lincolns apart as good cars. They are quite average so far as cars go.
Squint
Master Standardshifter

Post by Squint »

ElectroGhandi wrote:Your Honda is a '97. New Hondas are terrible. Like really terrible.

I know what you're saying and I was being a little extreme when I said everything else sucks. However, Lincolns are not just "old people cars" and they are actually quite good. People need to understand this.
The only one that I semi-like the looks of is the MKZ. The rest of them all look like shiny versions of Fords (think Navigator), or in my opinion, old people cars. No, I have not driven any of them, but I also have seen nothing that would make me want to spend the money required for one of those over, say, a BMW or Mercedes. Sorry if I reacted a bit strongly, for some reason that hit a nerve :roll:

For Pony!
Chris H.

Post by Chris H. »

Mercury died. Mom owned one (Mountaineer). Dad owned one (Sable). Shiny, overpriced Fords.

If you want a luxury vehicle from Ford, buy a $40k Taurus, or a $60k Superduty if you're brave (despite neither having a stick shift option).

I used to like Lincoln vehicles. Some I still like (the Town Car, the Continental and the LS...)...but Ford killed off its boats, cut its losses, and is now producing a semi-boat with a twin-turbo'd V6, a crossover with mild off-road capabilities (Exploder), killing the Ranger off, keeping the F-series alive and well (5L V8 is pretty good, so is the 6.2L) and keeping its midsize, compact and sports cars alive and well.

What do I want to see? I wish Ford wasn't killing the Ranger. These are pretty durable trucks. However, if I need a new Ford truck, I'll be happy with a base F-150, regular cab. 4WD maybe.
LHOswald
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '99 Civic Hatch w/B16a

Post by LHOswald »

ElectroGhandi wrote:Lincolns are not just "old people cars" and they are actually quite good. People need to understand this.
well if you were trying to sell me a lincoln over my honda, what would your selling points be? do a majority of modern lincolns even come with a MT?
Squint
Master Standardshifter

Post by Squint »

I'm a car guy, so I'd rather have a new Focus or Fiesta or Fusion to the trucks. I have driven a few year old F-250 Diesel.. thing can pull a house. And if you really want a Ranger, come to WV, they are EVERYWHERE.

For Pony!
LHOswald
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '99 Civic Hatch w/B16a

Post by LHOswald »

Squint wrote:a few year old F-250 Diesel.. thing can pull a house.
my buddy mike's father runs an HVAC company and he drives an F-350 to\around job sites and i can safely say without a doubt...that thing HONESTLY might be able to pull a single floor ranch's foundation out from under it.
Chris H.

Post by Chris H. »

LHOswald wrote:
Squint wrote:a few year old F-250 Diesel.. thing can pull a house.
my buddy mike's father runs an HVAC company and he drives an F-350 to\around job sites and i can safely say without a doubt...that thing HONESTLY might be able to pull a single floor ranch's foundation out from under it.

I have no doubt about that. I have a friend who loves his Superduty. Has the 7.3L snortin' away under the hood. Does crazy things with it...including mudding.