A New Accord

A place to post photos and discuss your car.
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Re: A New Accord

Post by potownrob »

tankinbeans wrote:Keeps car payments down, and with the cars staying in the family everybody knows what has and has not been with the car. I personally wouldn't buy/take a car over from a relative due to the possible event that something goes catastrophically wrong.
My mom and I each pay my sister $200 a month for the 07 and 03 Accords respectively (I think my mom will be paying 225 now actually, but the amount she paid for the 03 over the past 3+ years will be put towards the 07), plus we have to pay for full coverage insurance (well my sister highly suggested it to me since I'll still have to make payments if something happens to the car, and it's worth more than i thought it was...). If I had better credit, I would probably just finance a reasonably priced car of my choice but, unfortunately, my credit is not that good anymore :cry: :? :roll: :lol: .

As for the issues with buying within the family thing, it's never really been an issue for us. I had issues with the 91 Corolla I bought from my sister back in 01 (my first car) but I didn't blame my sister for them. Same thing with the 93 Accord I bought from her. The problems mostly were not her fault and it was my choice to buy the cars from her (plus she spent a lot of time and money looking for and buying newer cars so I could buy the old ones).
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

theholycow wrote:
potownrob wrote:
AHTOXA wrote:Is it manual?
iz slushbox :shock:
I am disappoint.
i guess i must be getting old (or just crazy) for not feeling too bad about no longer having a manual car... :shock: :? :lol: 8)
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

why is this thread not showing up in my feed for active topics? :? :( :evil:
theholycow
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '80 Buick LeSabre 4.1 5MT

Post by theholycow »

Not sure if it affects feeds but the Activ e Topics function misses threads. I've switched to Unread Posts.
1980 Buick LeSabre 4.1L 5MT

Put your car in your sig!

Learn to launch/FAQs/lugging/misused terms: meta-sig
watkins wrote:Humans have rear-biased AWD. Cows have 4WD
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

theholycow wrote:Not sure if it affects feeds but the Activ e Topics function misses threads. I've switched to Unread Posts.
epic win (thanks)!! i think my problem is i'm not logged in half the time so don't see the unread post link :shock: :oops: :lol: .
Shadow
Master Standardshifter

Post by Shadow »

Every time I see a new Accord sedan on the roads, I have to do a double-take to make sure it's not a new Saab 9-5. Ever since they put the reflector strips on the trunk lid of the Accord, it reminds me a lot of the Saab from the rear. I don't know why though, because the cars really don't look all that similar from the back.
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

Shadow wrote:Every time I see a new Accord sedan on the roads, I have to do a double-take to make sure it's not a new Saab 9-5. Ever since they put the reflector strips on the trunk lid of the Accord, it reminds me a lot of the Saab from the rear. I don't know why though, because the cars really don't look all that similar from the back.
i was gonna say no way the accord looks as nice as a new 9-5...then i saw pics of the new 9-5... :oops: :cry: :lol: .
watkins
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Saab 9-5 Aero wagon

Post by watkins »

New 9-5 = sexytime.
Squint
Master Standardshifter

Post by Squint »

The one that came up at Saab's USA website looks like its been pimp-ified. Big chrome rims, all blacked windows... Just needs some twelves kicking and we'll call it Saab invading Detroit... :wink:
'15 Mazda 3 iSport Hatch 6MT
'11 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 5MT
'14 Giant Escape City 24MT
'97 Honda Civic EX 4AT - Retired @ 184,001 mi

For Pony!
Shadow
Master Standardshifter

Post by Shadow »

potownrob wrote:
Shadow wrote:Every time I see a new Accord sedan on the roads, I have to do a double-take to make sure it's not a new Saab 9-5. Ever since they put the reflector strips on the trunk lid of the Accord, it reminds me a lot of the Saab from the rear. I don't know why though, because the cars really don't look all that similar from the back.
i was gonna say no way the accord looks as nice as a new 9-5...then i saw pics of the new 9-5... :oops: :cry: :lol: .
I really like the new 9-5 as far as styling is concerned. I'm not typically a fan of Saab styling, but I think they made a move in the right direction with the new 9-5.