Warner's STI

A place to post photos and discuss your car.
Warner
Master Standardshifter

Warner's STI

Post by Warner »

Hey, guys. Here are some pics of my new (for me) 2007 STI with 57k miles! I signed all the paperwork today and it's now mine :) . These are the pics from the Autotrader page. Also, what do you guys think about the black wheels (picture below)? I can't decide whether or not I like them. Included in the purchase was a set of 4 black wheels with tires that are almost new.

Mods:

SPT Cold Air Intake
SPT Radiator Shroud
SPT Downpipe Heatshield
SPT Battery Tie Down
SPT Oil Cap
SPT Front Strut Tower Brace
Cobb Access Port with 6 maps
Cobb Downpipe
Cobb Cat-Back Exhaust
Cobb Anti-Sway Bars front and rear
Cobb Lowering Springs
JL Amplifier
Polk Audio front speakers

~400HP using Cobb stage 2

What do you guys think? :)

94Corolla5Speed
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 1994 Corolla, 1990 Miata

Re: Warner's STI

Post by 94Corolla5Speed »

So I'm supposed to believe this is just a coincidence that you just happened to post this right after I posted my Miata thread? Jackass :lol:

Although I am mad jelly. I rode in a stock STi a few weeks ago. It was insane. I can't imagine a stage 2 tuned one. Also, is that license plate yours? If so, nice.

Rock on!
Warner
Master Standardshifter

Post by Warner »

94Corolla5Speed wrote:So I'm supposed to believe this is just a coincidence that you just happened to post this right after I posted my Miata thread? Jackass :lol:

Although I am mad jelly. I rode in a stock STi a few weeks ago. It was insane. I can't imagine a stage 2 tuned one. Also, is that license plate yours? If so, nice.

Rock on!
Haha, pretty unusual coincidence since it's so late here. The license plate was the previous owner's, not mine. I thought it was pretty cool, too. I may get a custom one if I can think of something good. I'm open to ideas on that.
94Corolla5Speed
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 1994 Corolla, 1990 Miata

Post by 94Corolla5Speed »

I saw one here that was NASTI

Or you could go LOL EVO.
FLT4FTW
SPOOLN
PSSHHT
VRM PSH
FARTCAN
theholycow
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '80 Buick LeSabre 4.1 5MT

Post by theholycow »

It's hard to form an opinion of the black wheels from the pictures you posted. Post two near-identical pictures whose only difference is the wheels, with the wheels actually mounted to the car rather than sitting in front of/next to it.
1980 Buick LeSabre 4.1L 5MT

Put your car in your sig!

Learn to launch/FAQs/lugging/misused terms: meta-sig
watkins wrote:Humans have rear-biased AWD. Cows have 4WD
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

UBERL33T

and here i was thinking my base impreza wagon was quick... :o :oops: :cry: :lol:

edit: are you on nasioc yet??
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
Warner
Master Standardshifter

Post by Warner »

potownrob wrote:UBERL33T

and here i was thinking my base impreza wagon was quick... :o :oops: :cry: :lol:

edit: are you on nasioc yet??
I created an account (Warner), but I haven't posted anything or really looked at much yet.
six
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2015 Chevrolet SS 6MT

Post by six »

theholycow wrote:It's hard to form an opinion of the black wheels from the pictures you posted. Post two near-identical pictures whose only difference is the wheels, with the wheels actually mounted to the car rather than sitting in front of/next to it.
Here's a rough mockup of what it will look like...

ImageImage

Oh yeah... SOOO JELLY!! Great find :D
2015 Heron White Chevrolet SS Sedan 6MT
theholycow
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '80 Buick LeSabre 4.1 5MT

Post by theholycow »

If that shoppery is accurate, the black wheels are way better.
1980 Buick LeSabre 4.1L 5MT

Put your car in your sig!

Learn to launch/FAQs/lugging/misused terms: meta-sig
watkins wrote:Humans have rear-biased AWD. Cows have 4WD
4onthefloor
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 WRX, '07 Impreza

Post by 4onthefloor »

I hate you just a little. '06-'07s are my favourite, but my finances only allowed for a non-turbo.

Also, if you want to sell those BBS's, I'll gladly take them off your hands.
Two pedals, two feet, too easy.

Car: 2007 Impreza 2.5i Special Edition
http://www.standardshift.com/forum/view ... 32&t=13230
watkins
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Saab 9-5 Aero wagon

Post by watkins »

I hate black wheels. I hate them more when they have a red lip. Do not use them.
Warner
Master Standardshifter

Post by Warner »

Nice photoshop. I don't mind the black, but I'm not a huge fan of the red lip around the wheels. I think I'll stick with the BBS wheels for now. I'm thinking about trading someone my gold wheels for silver ones, but I'm not sure about that yet.
4onthefloor wrote:I hate you just a little. '06-'07s are my favourite, but my finances only allowed for a non-turbo.

Also, if you want to sell those BBS's, I'll gladly take them off your hands.
I plan to keep the wheels for now (unless I trade them). I'll be moving out of Texas in 3-4 months and I may be going to a state with snow, so it'll be nice to have an extra set of wheels for snow tires. I saw pics of your car and it looks great! Crystal grey is probably my favorite color for our cars. My friend has an STI in your color and has the stock BBS wheels in gunmetal grey and it's an awesome color combination. You should check that out...seriously!
JHamilton
Master Standardshifter

Post by JHamilton »

What size are those black wheels? I love black wheels but I'm not sure I'd go +1 on an STi. Lovely car btw, one of my favorites.
Silence is golden and duct tape is silver.

2005 Pontiac GTO 6MT
2011 Ram 1500 CC Laramie 4x4
padauk_dust
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '88 Accord, '96 VFR

Post by padauk_dust »

:shock:
Looks to be in great shape. I bet she flies! These cars are so usable and practical yet faster and than almost everything else at the same time. What a great buy.

Are you planning on DIY maintenance? Congrats!
'88 Accord DX
'96 VFR750
Warner
Master Standardshifter

Post by Warner »

JHamilton wrote:What size are those black wheels? I love black wheels but I'm not sure I'd go +1 on an STi. Lovely car btw, one of my favorites.
They're actually the same size as the BBS wheels (17s) and I believe the same width, but I have to check on that. That photoshop is just a little misleading.
padauk_dust wrote::shock:
Looks to be in great shape. I bet she flies! These cars are so usable and practical yet faster and than almost everything else at the same time. What a great buy.

Are you planning on DIY maintenance? Congrats!
Thanks! I'm still very excited about the car and I'm not sure if that will ever change :P . I don't think I'll be able to do much maintenance myself, unfortunately :( . I have no place to do it (and few tools as a result of that) since I live in an apartment, though luckily I have a parking garage to protect the car from the elements. Plus I'm very busy with work, finishing school, getting ready to move out of state in a few months, etc, so it'd be hard to find the time anyway. I have so little storage space that my extra wheels are just sitting in my apartment on the floor :lol: .