My sexy Prelude

A place to post photos and discuss your car.
comawhite
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 1998 Honda Prelude

Re: My sexy Prelude

Post by comawhite »

AHTOXA wrote:
comawhite wrote:
Future mods
---------------

18. Headers

You've only got one header to be installed, since it's an I4.
I know. :P
Squint
Master Standardshifter

Post by Squint »

comawhite wrote:
AHTOXA wrote:
comawhite wrote:
Future mods
---------------

18. Headers

You've only got one header to be installed, since it's an I4.
I know. :P
Dude, he's just going to start adding headers everywhere. It's the new big thing, don't you know??
'15 Mazda 3 iSport Hatch 6MT
'11 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 5MT
'14 Giant Escape City 24MT
'97 Honda Civic EX 4AT - Retired @ 184,001 mi

For Pony!
comawhite
Senior Standardshifter

Post by comawhite »

Took some recent pictures of the car :)

Shadow
Master Standardshifter

Post by Shadow »

Nice....I've always loved that body style and those wheels on that car. I love the way it looks so wide & low. It kinda reminds me of a door stop, LOL, but I mean that in a good way.
comawhite
Senior Standardshifter

Post by comawhite »

Shadow wrote:Nice....I've always loved that body style and those wheels on that car. I love the way it looks so wide & low. It kinda reminds me of a door stop, LOL, but I mean that in a good way.
It is low even at factory height. I sit much lower than the 2001 Ford Mustang we have here. I feel like I'm driving a Miata, but much longer body.
Squint
Master Standardshifter

Post by Squint »

comawhite wrote:
Shadow wrote:Nice....I've always loved that body style and those wheels on that car. I love the way it looks so wide & low. It kinda reminds me of a door stop, LOL, but I mean that in a good way.
It is low even at factory height. I sit much lower than the 2001 Ford Mustang we have here. I feel like I'm driving a Miata, but much longer body.
My Civic is a very low sitting car. I don't know about newer Hondas, but it seemed that many of the older ones were low sitting vehicles. The most confused was when I borrowed a friend's Ford Expedition to move something, drove it for 8ish hours in one day, then went back to the Civic that night. I was like, can I see under all the rest of the cars now??

For Pony!
comawhite
Senior Standardshifter

Post by comawhite »

Squint wrote:
comawhite wrote:
My Civic is a very low sitting car. I don't know about newer Hondas, but it seemed that many of the older ones were low sitting vehicles. The most confused was when I borrowed a friend's Ford Expedition to move something, drove it for 8ish hours in one day, then went back to the Civic that night. I was like, can I see under all the rest of the cars now??
I remember driving the Mustang for two months while my car was out of commission. I almost fell on my arse trying to get in due to it being lower. But once I get in and out of it over the past week. I got use to it really quick. I think Honda cars are just low in general.
comawhite
Senior Standardshifter

Post by comawhite »

Well, I bought me some Honda S2000 rims for my Prelude. But it'd be a while before I get any pictures of it. I have to drive 3 hours to San Antonio to pick them up :(
01amberfirewv
Junior Standardshifter

Post by 01amberfirewv »

comawhite wrote:

My first car was an 85 Prelude and the first thing anyone commented on in that car was how low your would sit in that car
comawhite
Senior Standardshifter

Post by comawhite »

Here's updated pictures of my car after getting new rims on her.

I was at a corner store about to get ready to leave. A black older guy walked up to my car talking about "Prelude." He was telling me how you don't see them much any more. I told him, "Yeah, they are rare to find on the streets." Because they are rare to see on the streets. Asking me what all modifications I have done to her. Just really only a crappy intake (which I didn't install) and an exhaust.

My mum hates getting into my Prelude. She loves to complain on how low it sits. The seats inside of the car are low too. When I get into the other car (in the picture above). I feel like I am in a barber chair. This car makes me feel like I'm not sitting in the seat. I wonder how it will feel when I drop the car another 2 inches. xD
Squint
Master Standardshifter

Post by Squint »

I like the rims. When you drop it another 2 inches, you can just do a "trust fall" into the car seat :lol: . Just don't turn it into a ricer with underglow lighting and crazy curtains or anything... we'd have to laugh at you then :wink: :lol:

For Pony!
bk7794
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 00 Civic (Stock)

Post by bk7794 »

you should see how low my 91 civic sits. There are times where the top of the tire sits higher than me.
2004 Honda Accord 2.4 5 Speed
1989 Ford Taurus SHO 5 speed
comawhite
Senior Standardshifter

Post by comawhite »

Squint wrote:I like the rims. When you drop it another 2 inches, you can just do a "trust fall" into the car seat :lol: . Just don't turn it into a ricer with underglow lighting and crazy curtains or anything... we'd have to laugh at you then :wink: :lol:
I plan to drop it as low as I can but not way too low. But first I'm getting a performance header and traction bar first then I will go after coilovers next.
Shadow
Master Standardshifter

Post by Shadow »

Looks good. S2000 wheels?
comawhite
Senior Standardshifter

Post by comawhite »

Shadow wrote:Looks good. S2000 wheels?
Yup AP1 rims. There were no AP2 rims available at the time. :(