08 Audi A4 - S-Line/Titanium packages, 3.2L

A place to post photos and discuss your car.
c0Ld
Junior Standardshifter

08 Audi A4 - S-Line/Titanium packages, 3.2L

Post by c0Ld »

Hello! I've lurked this forum for over 2 years when I was first figuring out how to drive. Some of the tips were pretty handy. I went ahead and registered finally.

Well, I'm on to my second daily driver stick, this Audi. I figured it's better to introduce the car then to introduce myself over n the new member forum, the car is more interesting then I am! :D Here she is:

Only 'modification' it has (and only one I'll probably ever do) is tint for the windows. The second image is before it was installed, third is after.

Jastreb
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2009 Mazda RX-8 R3, Blue

Re: 08 Audi A4 - S-Line/Titanium packages, 3.2L

Post by Jastreb »

Welcome! Sweet ride. I especially approve of the wheel colour. It is the best wheel color in general, but goes really well on a white car.

Frankly, I didn't even realize the 3.2L V6 Audis still came with MTs.
2009 Mazda RX-8 R3
Shadow
Master Standardshifter

Post by Shadow »

Jastreb wrote:
Frankly, I didn't even realize the 3.2L V6 Audis still came with MTs.
They don't...at least not for the last few years. Actually, forget about a MT....you can't even get the 3.2L in any new Audi. The 2.0T sort of made the 3.2 obsolete. Lots of guys still love their 3.2's though.
c0Ld
Junior Standardshifter

Post by c0Ld »

Yeah, if it was a newer model I would've preferred the 2.0 (not that there's an option anymore, of course). Frankly I was looking at much older (B5-B7) options at first. But this car was priced where I wanted it and only had 19K miles, so she's mine now :D

The 3.2L does deserve some credit, though. It's an amazingly smooth engine with easy to master torque curves. It may be obsolete nowadays, but such is the reality of buying a used car with a strict budget ceiling. I -almost- went with a newer ('12 or '13) Civic Si back in January, but I talked myself out of it. The rev hang in that 2.4L drove me nuts on the test drives I did.
Shadow
Master Standardshifter

Post by Shadow »

c0Ld wrote:Yeah, if it was a newer model I would've preferred the 2.0 (not that there's an option anymore, of course). Frankly I was looking at much older (B5-B7) options at first. But this car was priced where I wanted it and only had 19K miles, so she's mine now :D

The 3.2L does deserve some credit, though. It's an amazingly smooth engine with easy to master torque curves. It may be obsolete nowadays, but such is the reality of buying a used car with a strict budget ceiling. I -almost- went with a newer ('12 or '13) Civic Si back in January, but I talked myself out of it. The rev hang in that 2.4L drove me nuts on the test drives I did.

Don't get me wrong...the 3.2 is a really popular engine and has a lot of loyal fans. It also sounds fantastic, especially with the right aftermarket exhaust.
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

nice ride!! interesting composition with your photos too. try to back up and/or zoom out (use a wider angle - unless it leads to distortion) to fit more into your pics. uber jelly btw :evil: :twisted:
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
c0Ld
Junior Standardshifter

Post by c0Ld »

Haha, 3 of the 4 were taken the day I bought it, so I was shakey/excited/etc.

I love this car so far! The gearbox rules compared to my old Cobalt SS. That thing got so clunky some days.

I'm really bad at doing a quick acceleration (close to reline) 1-2 in it though. The RPMs need to drop like 3k and it feels weird / slow to wait for them. I'm used to being able to dump the clutch in my old car still.
Squint
Master Standardshifter

Post by Squint »

c0Ld wrote:Haha, 3 of the 4 were taken the day I bought it, so I was shakey/excited/etc.

I love this car so far! The gearbox rules compared to my old Cobalt SS. That thing got so clunky some days.

I'm really bad at doing a quick acceleration (close to reline) 1-2 in it though. The RPMs need to drop like 3k and it feels weird / slow to wait for them. I'm used to being able to dump the clutch in my old car still.
Welcome! It is a nice looking car. I like the wheels and the overall appearance of the A4 (and most Audis in general).
'15 Mazda 3 iSport Hatch 6MT
'11 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 5MT
'14 Giant Escape City 24MT
'97 Honda Civic EX 4AT - Retired @ 184,001 mi

For Pony!