My Integra

A place to post photos and discuss your car.
comawhite
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 1998 Honda Prelude

My Integra

Post by comawhite »

As you might have seen my previous car. 1998 Honda Prelude: viewtopic.php?f=32&t=18795
I do not own my Honda Prelude anymore as I had crashed it going too fast over a railroad track and belly flopped and caused the oil pan to crack and the subframe to just move where it shouldn't. About $5,000 worth of damage (mainly due to airbags being deployed).

I bought a new car a few months ago. A sexy 2000 Acura Integra LS.

Shadow
Master Standardshifter

Re: My Integra

Post by Shadow »

Sorry to hear about the Prelude. I've always liked those cars. At least you got yourself a nice replacement though...

So you popped the airbags going over railroad tracks? Seriously? Did you hit anything afterwards? I'm only asking because airbag sensors usually need a fairly strong decelerative force to trigger the air bags.
comawhite
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 1998 Honda Prelude

Post by comawhite »

Shadow wrote:Sorry to hear about the Prelude. I've always liked those cars. At least you got yourself a nice replacement though...

So you popped the airbags going over railroad tracks? Seriously? Did you hit anything afterwards? I'm only asking because airbag sensors usually need a fairly strong decelerative force to trigger the air bags.
Yeah, I was doing about 30-40mph. I didn't know about how bad the tracks were. So, when I went onto it the car came down and all I know was the airbags popped and trail of oil all over the ground. The beam the front engine mount is on was pushed into the oil pan.
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '19 4RUNNER TRD ORP

Post by AHTOXA »

Were you playing dukes of hazard? :mrgreen:

I like your new car! I owned a '94 Integra LS for a little while as my daily/winter car and as much of a rusted POS as it was, I have fond memories of that car. The driving experience was actually pleasant, even in a non-GRS trim. I bought it from $1200 bucks, replaced a few minor things like the main clutch cylinder, rear rotors and pads, a front right caliper - and that's it, I think. I drove it for 6-8 months and sold for 1600. When you opened the hatch and pulled up the carpet you could see your feet, courtesy of Midwest winters.
'19 Toyota 4Runner TRD ORP
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
noob5,000,000
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 1986 Mazda RX-7 x2

Post by noob5,000,000 »

Nice! I like those.
1986 Mazda RX-7 sport - slowly returning to the Earth
1986 Mazda RX-7 base - Project car, ???, In pieces, turbo parts around.
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

nice ride!! :D
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
ClutchFork
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2008 Fusion 2.3L manual

Post by ClutchFork »

New car is very nice. Analog gauges. I also like the mechanical odometer.
Stick shiftin since '77
theholycow wrote:Why in the world would you even want to be as smooth as an automatic? Might as well just drive an automatic...
bk7794
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 00 Civic (Stock)

Post by bk7794 »

Love it! I sat in one, loved the short throw shifter and the rear wiper blade.
2004 Honda Accord 2.4 5 Speed
1989 Ford Taurus SHO 5 speed
Shadow
Master Standardshifter

Post by Shadow »

bk7794 wrote:Love it! I sat in one, loved the short throw shifter and the rear wiper blade.
The rear wiper blade?

That's funny, because I despise rear wipers on cars. I've owned a few cars with a rear wiper and I always wished that they didn't have rear wipers because, 1- it ruins the looks of the car (yes, that's subjective, but I prefer the clean look you get without a wiper on the back), and 2- I never used the damn thing. So I just never found it useful.

A friend of mine just put in a factory order for a new Porsche Cayman. He told me that the rear wiper is optional. I think that's a great idea....make it optional so the buyer can decide. Most cars either have a rear wiper or they don't....you can't decide for yourself.
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Post by Rope-Pusher »

^ I totally agree!
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Post by Rope-Pusher »

'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
ClutchDisc
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2009 Mazda 5 2.3L 5MT

Post by ClutchDisc »

Looks like a nice car!
09 Mazda 5 2.3 5-speed manual 171k
11 Subaru Forester auto :( 113k
92 Ford Mustang LX 5.0 5-speed manual 151k
bk7794
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 00 Civic (Stock)

Post by bk7794 »

Shadow wrote:
bk7794 wrote:Love it! I sat in one, loved the short throw shifter and the rear wiper blade.
The rear wiper blade?

That's funny, because I despise rear wipers on cars. I've owned a few cars with a rear wiper and I always wished that they didn't have rear wipers because, 1- it ruins the looks of the car (yes, that's subjective, but I prefer the clean look you get without a wiper on the back), and 2- I never used the damn thing. So I just never found it useful.

A friend of mine just put in a factory order for a new Porsche Cayman. He told me that the rear wiper is optional. I think that's a great idea....make it optional so the buyer can decide. Most cars either have a rear wiper or they don't....you can't decide for yourself.
Ah man really??? I think it gives the car an import look.

I can see a Porsche having that option because many people order them from the factory, but with the everyday cars that many people buy off the lot having that option can probably be overlooked by most people.

The Mitsubishi Lancer Evo had a rear wiper and was a sedan. I always thought that was cool. It was the last generation, and you can kind of see it here.

2004 Honda Accord 2.4 5 Speed
1989 Ford Taurus SHO 5 speed
Shadow
Master Standardshifter

Post by Shadow »

bk7794 wrote:
The Mitsubishi Lancer Evo had a rear wiper and was a sedan. I always thought that was cool. It was the last generation, and you can kind of see it here.

You picked a car that I personally think looks horrible from the rear. Here's what I don't like about it:

1- Altezza taillights. Never liked them on any car, OEM or not
2- Big doofy wing
3- Spikey roof things (I think they call them vortex generators, or some silly thing like that)
4- Rear wiper.

But I guess they needed to do something to spice up the looks of the car. If you take all that stuff off the car, it would look like any other boring econobox. The styling of the car body itself is pretty lame & uninspiring.
IMBoring25

Post by IMBoring25 »

Actually, Mitsubishi says the VGs reduce total vehicle drag by around 1.7% and measurably reduces rear-end lift as well.