Fit but you know it (2013 Fit Sport)

A place to post photos and discuss your car.
theholycow
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '80 Buick LeSabre 4.1 5MT

Re: Fit but you know it (2013 Fit Sport)

Post by theholycow »

Boston Fit wrote:
bk7794 wrote:On the Mass Pike they have the worst signs. ''25 miles 23 minutes to I-495'' I mean it's helpful but sometimes it doesn't really mean anything.
Another one: Getting onto I-95 from Route 2 in Lexington MA, there is a sign that says "I-95 Gloucester/Attleboro." As compass points, those two towns could not be more random. I'd like to know who picked them over "New Hampshire/Rhode Island" or just "North/South."
:lol:

The 23 minutes thing is for daily commuters. When you go the same way every day you know where you're going, how long it takes, etc, and a numeric assessment of traffic condition is an easy way to be told what to expect.

My grandmother, when she was still driving, was afraid to get on the highway because she thought if the sign said "New York" she had to stay on until she got to NY.
1980 Buick LeSabre 4.1L 5MT

Put your car in your sig!

Learn to launch/FAQs/lugging/misused terms: meta-sig
watkins wrote:Humans have rear-biased AWD. Cows have 4WD
Boston Fit
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Boston Fit »

theholycow wrote:My grandmother, when she was still driving, was afraid to get on the highway because she thought if the sign said "New York" she had to stay on until she got to NY.
Ha, like an "Exit Only" lane? In that case she would have hated this entrance to Mass Pike, located in the heart of Boston's Back Bay:

2013 Honda Civic Si
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 17 Mazda6 To, 18 Mazda3 i

Post by tankinbeans »

I'm guessing your "23 minute" signs are electric and change with conditions? We have those, and they're really nice. It gives motorists an early clue to adjust their route if needed.
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
InlinePaul wrote:The driving force of new fangled features to sell more cars [is to] cater to the masses' abject laziness!
theholycow
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '80 Buick LeSabre 4.1 5MT

Post by theholycow »

Yup.
1980 Buick LeSabre 4.1L 5MT

Put your car in your sig!

Learn to launch/FAQs/lugging/misused terms: meta-sig
watkins wrote:Humans have rear-biased AWD. Cows have 4WD
rei
Junior Standardshifter

Post by rei »

Boston Fit wrote:
bk7794 wrote:On the Mass Pike they have the worst signs. ''25 miles 23 minutes to I-495'' I mean it's helpful but sometimes it doesn't really mean anything.
Another one: Getting onto I-95 from Route 2 in Lexington MA, there is a sign that says "I-95 Gloucester/Attleboro." As compass points, those two towns could not be more random. I'd like to know who picked them over "New Hampshire/Rhode Island" or just "North/South."

rei wrote:Yeah, would regularly get 40+ MPG highway without trying particularly hard
See, that's why diesels are so alluring. I need to own one at some point.
the engine was great, the total cost of ownership not so much. VW likes their dollars.
2013 Fit Sport 5MT. Nothing looks funnier than a sticker advertising SOHC
Boston Fit
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Boston Fit »

rei wrote:the engine was great, the total cost of ownership not so much. VW likes their dollars.
That is exactly what a mechanic once told me about VW's - good engines, but everything else is troublesome. I can't speak from personal experience, having never owned a VW.
2013 Honda Civic Si
rei
Junior Standardshifter

Post by rei »

Boston Fit wrote:
rei wrote:the engine was great, the total cost of ownership not so much. VW likes their dollars.
That is exactly what a mechanic once told me about VW's - good engines, but everything else is troublesome. I can't speak from personal experience, having never owned a VW.
$1100 to replace failed fan blower that failed after only 3 years (107 000 km)
OEM filters and very specfic oil spec or warranty is voided were a fortune too
DSG tranmission fluid $800 every 80 000 km - though thats obviously fixed by driving a stick

Not a fun time
2013 Fit Sport 5MT. Nothing looks funnier than a sticker advertising SOHC