The new Saturn

A place to post photos and discuss your car.
dakta1420
Junior Standardshifter
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:46 pm
Cars: 2014 ford focus should 5s
Location: Missouri

The new Saturn

Postby dakta1420 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:29 pm

Image

She is an 02 Saturn sl sohc 1.9 with a stick!!
Has 121,000 miles on her and was a one owner. Had every maintenance record and everything!!

User avatar
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter
Posts: 3703
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:04 pm
Cars: 17 300S, 03 Century
Location: Shakopee, MN

Re: The new Saturn

Postby tankinbeans » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:48 pm

I like the color.

Once upon a time I wanted an SC2, 3 door. In 06 there was a 2000 5MT for $5k, but it apparently had transmission issues.
17 Mazda6
03 Century
InlinePaul wrote:The driving force of new fangled features to sell more cars [is to] cater to the masses' abject laziness!

dakta1420
Junior Standardshifter
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:46 pm
Cars: 2014 ford focus should 5s
Location: Missouri

Re: The new Saturn

Postby dakta1420 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:51 pm

Wonder what kind of issues? They were asking 2200 I paid 1700.

User avatar
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter
Posts: 3703
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:04 pm
Cars: 17 300S, 03 Century
Location: Shakopee, MN

Re: The new Saturn

Postby tankinbeans » Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:02 pm

dakta1420 wrote:Wonder what kind of issues? They were asking 2200 I paid 1700.

I think the clutch was going, but I never had a chance to get near it.
17 Mazda6
03 Century
InlinePaul wrote:The driving force of new fangled features to sell more cars [is to] cater to the masses' abject laziness!

User avatar
theholycow
Master Standardshifter
Posts: 15961
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:36 pm
Cars: '80 Buick LeSabre 4.1 5MT
Location: Glocester, RI
Contact:

Re: The new Saturn

Postby theholycow » Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:05 pm

Those are some seriously good tires, holding that car on the wall like that.
1980 Buick LeSabre 4.1L 5MT

Put your car in your sig!

Learn to launch/FAQs/lugging/misused terms: meta-sig
watkins wrote:Humans have rear-biased AWD. Cows have 4WD

User avatar
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter
Posts: 3703
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:04 pm
Cars: 17 300S, 03 Century
Location: Shakopee, MN

Re: The new Saturn

Postby tankinbeans » Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:08 pm

:lol:
17 Mazda6
03 Century
InlinePaul wrote:The driving force of new fangled features to sell more cars [is to] cater to the masses' abject laziness!

dakta1420
Junior Standardshifter
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:46 pm
Cars: 2014 ford focus should 5s
Location: Missouri

Re: The new Saturn

Postby dakta1420 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:08 pm

It's right side up for me.......

User avatar
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter
Posts: 3703
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:04 pm
Cars: 17 300S, 03 Century
Location: Shakopee, MN

Re: The new Saturn

Postby tankinbeans » Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:09 pm

dakta1420 wrote:It's right side up for me.......

I'm seeing the left side up.
17 Mazda6
03 Century
InlinePaul wrote:The driving force of new fangled features to sell more cars [is to] cater to the masses' abject laziness!

ClutchDisc
Senior Standardshifter
Posts: 712
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:50 pm
Cars: 2005 Ford Focus 2.0L 5MT
Location: Detroit area

Re: The new Saturn

Postby ClutchDisc » Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:10 pm

tankinbeans wrote:
dakta1420 wrote:It's right side up for me.......

I'm seeing the left side up.
:lol:
05 Ford Focus 2.0 5-speed manual 69k
Image

dakta1420
Junior Standardshifter
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:46 pm
Cars: 2014 ford focus should 5s
Location: Missouri

Re: The new Saturn

Postby dakta1420 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:13 pm

Maybe it's a phone tablet/ laptop deal. My phone and tablet are showing it correctly.

ClutchDisc
Senior Standardshifter
Posts: 712
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:50 pm
Cars: 2005 Ford Focus 2.0L 5MT
Location: Detroit area

Re: The new Saturn

Postby ClutchDisc » Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:23 pm

That's probably it, because it's sideways for me too.
05 Ford Focus 2.0 5-speed manual 69k
Image

User avatar
theholycow
Master Standardshifter
Posts: 15961
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:36 pm
Cars: '80 Buick LeSabre 4.1 5MT
Location: Glocester, RI
Contact:

Re: The new Saturn

Postby theholycow » Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:41 pm

dakta1420 wrote:Maybe it's a phone tablet/ laptop deal. My phone and tablet are showing it correctly.

Might be inconsistent EXIF tag handling across different browsers.

Orientation via EXIF tag is such a great idea, and so mangled by inconsistent implementation. :(
1980 Buick LeSabre 4.1L 5MT

Put your car in your sig!

Learn to launch/FAQs/lugging/misused terms: meta-sig
watkins wrote:Humans have rear-biased AWD. Cows have 4WD

User avatar
InlinePaul
Master Standardshifter
Posts: 1439
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:55 pm
Cars: 2001 Ranger 2.3L manual
Location: Detroit MI

Re: The new Saturn

Postby InlinePaul » Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:31 am

theholycow wrote:Those are some seriously good tires, holding that car on the wall like that.

Another thing that I don't get is how uncluttered that garage is. Did he rent a vacant garage for the photograph? My garage looks like a whirlwind came through and blew everything into heaping piles all leaning up against the walls.

Nice car anyway.
Stick shiftin since '77
theholycow wrote:Why in the world would you even want to be as smooth as an automatic? Might as well just drive an automatic...

dakta1420
Junior Standardshifter
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:46 pm
Cars: 2014 ford focus should 5s
Location: Missouri

Re: The new Saturn

Postby dakta1420 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:39 am

A clean work area says a lot about the type of work a man does. I work on cars so my work area is pretty clean. It's actually kinda dirty here in the picture. Floor needs swept and the electrical cord is a mess. If you drive in to a shop and his tools box is a disaster and the area looks like a slobs haven you wouldn't want your car in there most likely.
I want people to respect my work so I try to stay and work in a decent environment. Whether in my home garage or anywhere else.

Thank you btw I'm really liking the car. But I do miss my old one. The old one had the Dohc it was a little more spunky.

User avatar
InlinePaul
Master Standardshifter
Posts: 1439
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:55 pm
Cars: 2001 Ranger 2.3L manual
Location: Detroit MI

Re: The new Saturn

Postby InlinePaul » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:45 am

dakta1420 wrote:A clean work area says a lot about the type of work a man does. I work on cars so my work area is pretty clean. It's actually kinda dirty here in the picture. Floor needs swept and the electrical cord is a mess. If you drive in to a shop and his tools box is a disaster and the area looks like a slobs haven you wouldn't want your car in there most likely.
I want people to respect my work so I try to stay and work in a decent environment. Whether in my home garage or anywhere else.

Thank you btw I'm really liking the car. But I do miss my old one. The old one had the Dohc it was a little more spunky.

Well if I ever move to your neck of the woods, you can be my mechanic. Great that you take the time to keep it clean. It does help not having to trip over junk to make working on cars more efficient.

As for the SOHC, well maybe some kind of performance mods are in order?
Stick shiftin since '77
theholycow wrote:Why in the world would you even want to be as smooth as an automatic? Might as well just drive an automatic...


Return to “Members' Cars”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest