Needs moAr 2.5rs

A place to post photos and discuss your car.
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Re: Needs moAr 2.5rs

Post by Rope-Pusher »

....something about a guy being so fit that when he dies they'll have to cut his heart out and beat it to death with a stick.
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
PureLife
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '98 BMW 323is (2.8)

Post by PureLife »

4onthefloor wrote:
potownrob wrote:I personally ended up finding even my GD too old and raw for my liking. i'm one of those people who would probably end up liking a newer neutered impreza over the older more fun ones.
I drive a lot of brand new 2013/2014 cars at work and I find even my 2007 to be raw feeling compared to the newer sedans.
potownrob wrote: the older 2.2 was said to be bulletproof
I've got a buddy with a '92 Legacy with the 2.2 turbo in it. He does next to no maintenance on the car, cranks the boost, and drives it like a madman and it never kicks the bucket. The body on the car is rotted out so he's taking out the engine and putting it in a new gen Legacy.
Yeah the turbo ej22 was a beast ... one of the best Subaru ever built. That said, the later non-turbo ej22s take very well to boost too.

Since my posts here, I made a "Ganzflow" style air intake ... possibly one of the best intake designs for the MAP cars: it keeps the stock filter box (called the "torque box" in the Subaru world, and just replaces the 100 miles of plastic tubing that sucks air from under the hood with a straight piece of pipe that draws from the fender. Down low it feels exactly the same as the stock intake, mid range seems slightly better and it definitely wakes up above 4000 ... though it might just be the combination of the intake and exhaust.

Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Post by Rope-Pusher »

^Want to make a really good first impression? Take a couple Pringles cans, split them along the back side, and slide them over your cold air intake tubes, with a strip of duct tape on the ends to make it look like they are sealed and functional.
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
theholycow
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '80 Buick LeSabre 4.1 5MT

Post by theholycow »

:lol:

I should get some large worm drive hose clamps and slap a Pepsi can on my exhaust.
1980 Buick LeSabre 4.1L 5MT

Put your car in your sig!

Learn to launch/FAQs/lugging/misused terms: meta-sig
watkins wrote:Humans have rear-biased AWD. Cows have 4WD
Squint
Master Standardshifter

Post by Squint »

theholycow wrote::lol:

I should get some large worm drive hose clamps and slap a Pepsi can on my exhaust.
Sung to the tune of "White n Nerdy"...

They hear cow rollin'

They hatin'

Patrollin'

Trying to catch cow ridin' cola (cans)

Ridin' cola (cans)

Ridin' cola (cans)

*drops the mic*

yes, I know White n Nerdy wasn't the original... don't care.
'15 Mazda 3 iSport Hatch 6MT
'11 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 5MT
'14 Giant Escape City 24MT
'97 Honda Civic EX 4AT - Retired @ 184,001 mi

For Pony!