ColJessip's 2014 Fiesta ST

A place to post photos and discuss your car.
ColJessip
Master Standardshifter
Posts: 2362
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:10 pm

ColJessip's 2014 Fiesta ST

Postby ColJessip » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:15 pm

The GTO is long gone due to never ending mechanical problems. I decided to downsize a bit and get a little turbo hatch. I was on the line between a Sonic RS and a Fiesta ST. After test driving both, and the extra incentives Ford was willing to throw in, I decided on the ST. It may not be as fast in a straight line or as loud as my GTO, but it is just as fun. I can't wait until this little thing is out of its break in period.

Image
Image

User avatar
noob5,000,000
Master Standardshifter
Posts: 9354
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:57 pm
Cars: 1986 Mazda RX-7 x2
Location: Sterling Heights, Michigan
Contact:

Re: ColJessip's 2014 Fiesta ST

Postby noob5,000,000 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:04 pm

I like it!
1986 Mazda RX-7 sport ^ parts car status!
1986 Mazda RX-7 base > Project car

User avatar
mtheis
Master Standardshifter
Posts: 1505
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:06 pm
Cars: 07 Corolla, 76 Celica
Location: Austin, TX
Contact:

Re: ColJessip's 2014 Fiesta ST

Postby mtheis » Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:30 pm

I wish I could've driven the GTO when you were in my neck of the woods. The Fiesta looks like a fun car. Maybe we can have a mini meet?
2007 Toyota Corolla
1995 Toyota Tercel
1976 Toyota Celica GT
Unofficial SS.com IRC Server
Driving stick since March 20th, 2002.
Official lurker

User avatar
Boston Fit
Senior Standardshifter
Posts: 392
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: People's Republic of Massachusetts

Re: ColJessip's 2014 Fiesta ST

Postby Boston Fit » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:43 am

Looks good! Enjoy it. I agree, all-around handling is more important than straight-line acceleration.
2013 Honda Civic Si

User avatar
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter
Posts: 14569
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2007 6:31 pm
Cars: '16 Ecoboost F150
Location: Coppell, TX

Re: ColJessip's 2014 Fiesta ST

Postby AHTOXA » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:40 am

Good choice on the car!

If the Fiesta was available when I was buying my 1.4T Sonic, I'd probably have gone with the FiST as well. In fact, it will likely be my next car in 2-3 years. It's either going to be the FiST or the new Chevy Colorado; I want I4, 4x4 and manual in it.

That said, I sold my GTO for much the same reasons - never ending mechanical problems, and mine had 45k when it was sold. The dealer knew me well, by the time it was sold, and keep in mind, it wasn't even driven in the winter. The last straw was a phantom clutch issue, where the pedal would get soft after a redline shift and return to normal 2 shifts later. Multiple techs looked at it thoroughly, never found any leaks. I have a great conversation with a master tech at one of the dealerships. He took the time to listed to what I was describing, as well as the time to keep it for a few days and check out the issue - found nothing.

I liked that car quite a lot, but I got frustrated with it a lot, too.
'16 Ecoboost F150
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
'17 Trek Fuel EX8 27.5+
'08 Giant Trance 1 (old school 26'er)

User avatar
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter
Posts: 3703
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:04 pm
Cars: 17 300S, 03 Century
Location: Shakopee, MN

Re: ColJessip's 2014 Fiesta ST

Postby tankinbeans » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:45 am

You would have gotten yourself FiSTed? :shock:
17 Mazda6
03 Century
InlinePaul wrote:The driving force of new fangled features to sell more cars [is to] cater to the masses' abject laziness!

User avatar
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter
Posts: 14569
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2007 6:31 pm
Cars: '16 Ecoboost F150
Location: Coppell, TX

Re: ColJessip's 2014 Fiesta ST

Postby AHTOXA » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:31 pm

Every day, twice a day. Once on the way to work and then on the way home. More times as necessary.
'16 Ecoboost F150
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
'17 Trek Fuel EX8 27.5+
'08 Giant Trance 1 (old school 26'er)

Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Posts: 10500
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:44 pm
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty
Location: Greater Detroit Area

Re: ColJessip's 2014 Fiesta ST

Postby Rope-Pusher » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:08 pm

AHTOXA wrote:Good choice on the car!

If the Fiesta was available when I was buying my 1.4T Sonic, I'd probably have gone with the FiST as well. In fact, it will likely be my next car in 2-3 years. It's either going to be the FiST or the new Chevy Colorado; I want I4, 4x4 and manual in it.

That said, I sold my GTO for much the same reasons - never ending mechanical problems, and mine had 45k when it was sold. The dealer knew me well, by the time it was sold, and keep in mind, it wasn't even driven in the winter. The last straw was a phantom clutch issue, where the pedal would get soft after a redline shift and return to normal 2 shifts later. Multiple techs looked at it thoroughly, never found any leaks. I have a great conversation with a master tech at one of the dealerships. He took the time to listed to what I was describing, as well as the time to keep it for a few days and check out the issue - found nothing.

I liked that car quite a lot, but I got frustrated with it a lot, too.

Do you know if the Goat's clutch cover was a self-adjusting model? Not the hydraulic release system, but the clutch cover itself. I've seen some of those that misadjust after a high rpm stint - like the spring in the adjuster goes into resonance and the adjuster moves. They are sposta adjust so that the clutch pedal force to disengage stays constant as the clutch wears rather then increase as the disk gets thinner.
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"

User avatar
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Posts: 7108
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:35 pm
Cars: '16 Golf TSI SE
Location: Dutchess County

Re: ColJessip's 2014 Fiesta ST

Postby potownrob » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:13 am

nice hwhip :D

come to the meat so we can have multiple blue balls again 8)
BUT DEM FAHGLEITZ!! :shock:

For Pizza!!!!

User avatar
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter
Posts: 3703
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:04 pm
Cars: 17 300S, 03 Century
Location: Shakopee, MN

Re: ColJessip's 2014 Fiesta ST

Postby tankinbeans » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:06 am

noob5,000,000 wrote:I like it!

I'd be curious to drive one of these little buggies to see how it compares with my brief time behind the wheel of the Focus ST.
17 Mazda6
03 Century
InlinePaul wrote:The driving force of new fangled features to sell more cars [is to] cater to the masses' abject laziness!

User avatar
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter
Posts: 14569
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2007 6:31 pm
Cars: '16 Ecoboost F150
Location: Coppell, TX

Re: ColJessip's 2014 Fiesta ST

Postby AHTOXA » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:29 am

Rope-Pusher wrote:
AHTOXA wrote:Good choice on the car!

If the Fiesta was available when I was buying my 1.4T Sonic, I'd probably have gone with the FiST as well. In fact, it will likely be my next car in 2-3 years. It's either going to be the FiST or the new Chevy Colorado; I want I4, 4x4 and manual in it.

That said, I sold my GTO for much the same reasons - never ending mechanical problems, and mine had 45k when it was sold. The dealer knew me well, by the time it was sold, and keep in mind, it wasn't even driven in the winter. The last straw was a phantom clutch issue, where the pedal would get soft after a redline shift and return to normal 2 shifts later. Multiple techs looked at it thoroughly, never found any leaks. I have a great conversation with a master tech at one of the dealerships. He took the time to listed to what I was describing, as well as the time to keep it for a few days and check out the issue - found nothing.

I liked that car quite a lot, but I got frustrated with it a lot, too.

Do you know if the Goat's clutch cover was a self-adjusting model? Not the hydraulic release system, but the clutch cover itself. I've seen some of those that misadjust after a high rpm stint - like the spring in the adjuster goes into resonance and the adjuster moves. They are sposta adjust so that the clutch pedal force to disengage stays constant as the clutch wears rather then increase as the disk gets thinner.


I don't recall any more, unfortunately. I sold it in 2011 and it's been a few years.
'16 Ecoboost F150
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
'17 Trek Fuel EX8 27.5+
'08 Giant Trance 1 (old school 26'er)

User avatar
94Corolla5Speed
Master Standardshifter
Posts: 6927
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:51 pm
Cars: 1994 Corolla, 1990 Miata
Location: Chicago, IL
Contact:

Re: ColJessip's 2014 Fiesta ST

Postby 94Corolla5Speed » Thu May 08, 2014 1:00 am

Love it. I want a FiST or a FoST in that fantastic red/orange metallic flake color they have. Honestly my top choice if I needed a hatch right now.

User avatar
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Posts: 7108
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:35 pm
Cars: '16 Golf TSI SE
Location: Dutchess County

Re: ColJessip's 2014 Fiesta ST

Postby potownrob » Thu May 08, 2014 1:47 am

must have mark seven gti. must blow away other hot hatches and smile at stop lights. :mrgreen:
BUT DEM FAHGLEITZ!! :shock:

For Pizza!!!!

User avatar
bk7794
Master Standardshifter
Posts: 1487
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:16 am
Cars: 00 Civic (Stock)
Location: Central CT

Re: ColJessip's 2014 Fiesta ST

Postby bk7794 » Mon May 26, 2014 10:26 am

potownrob wrote:must have mark seven gti. must blow away other hot hatches and smile at stop lights. :mrgreen:


Until something breaks deep within the dash and it costs hundreds to fix.

I haven't seen many if any fiesta STs around here lately. I have stumbled upon a few Focus STs. Those Recaros...man they hold you in place.
2000 Honda Civic EX 5 Speed
Volvo S60R 6 Speed

User avatar
4onthefloor
Master Standardshifter
Posts: 1360
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:21 pm
Cars: '17 WRX, '07 Impreza
Location: London, ON for now

Re: ColJessip's 2014 Fiesta ST

Postby 4onthefloor » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:18 pm

The more and more I hear about them, I'm starting to wonder if a Focus ST could be in my future. Then I remember that I love AWD and then I'm just confused and unsure.
Two pedals, two feet, too easy.

Car: 2007 Impreza 2.5i Special Edition
http://www.standardshift.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=13230


Return to “Members' Cars”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest