Bawked's Honda army

A place to post photos and discuss your car.
Bawked
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 08 JDM Subaru Impreza STI

Bawked's Honda army

Post by Bawked »

Long time no see shifters, finally upgraded from one honda to another so thought I'd share

1992 Honda Accord - sub 100hp, 5 speed manual, beater while I was at uni :lol:

2003 Honda Accord Euro R - k20a, 6 speed manual

I also have a cbr250rr mc22 motorbike, also I have a non-honda vehicle.... a zxr250c motorbike haha
<3 fwd
six
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2015 Chevrolet SS 6MT

Re: Bawked's Honda army

Post by six »

Nice upgrade! 8)
2015 Heron White Chevrolet SS Sedan 6MT
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Post by Rope-Pusher »

Yanno, they make lawnmowers too!
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
theholycow
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '80 Buick LeSabre 4.1 5MT

Post by theholycow »

Rope-Pusher wrote:Yanno, they make lawnmowers too!
Their small engines put other manufacturers to shame. I have a ~30 year old Honda 8HP on a generator. It is easier to pull than a 4hp Tecumseh and starts on the first pull every time. I don't think it has ever had professional maintenance, or really much of any maintenance besides a few oil changes.
1980 Buick LeSabre 4.1L 5MT

Put your car in your sig!

Learn to launch/FAQs/lugging/misused terms: meta-sig
watkins wrote:Humans have rear-biased AWD. Cows have 4WD
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

theholycow wrote:
Rope-Pusher wrote:Yanno, they make lawnmowers too!
Their small engines put other manufacturers to shame. I have a ~30 year old Honda 8HP on a generator. It is easier to pull than a 4hp Tecumseh and starts on the first pull every time. I don't think it has ever had professional maintenance, or really much of any maintenance besides a few oil changes.
Honda was an engine manufacturer before they were anything else.
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

it's funny (yet understandable) how we had bigger engines in our versions of those cars here in the states, yet many found both underpowered (i thought they were at least adequate in power). our newer accords also got much bigger (granted the current model is back to being more reasonably sized) and your newer accord started coming here as the acura tsx, a sportier, smaller, more stylish and more upscale car. it was too small (at least in the back seat) to pass for an accord (which is a family car) here. nice cars!! :D
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
Bill B
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Bill B »

You really can't go wrong with a Honda. My 2007 Element is the most maintenance free vehicle I have ever owned. Just put gas and oil in it and go. The Element has one of the K-Series engines in it. If I am not mistaken it is the same one they use in the 4cyl Accord.
Bill Berckman
West Chester, Ohio
2007 Honda Element EX AWD 5 Speed MT
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

Bill B wrote:You really can't go wrong with a Honda. My 2007 Element is the most maintenance free vehicle I have ever owned. Just put gas and oil in it and go. The Element has one of the K-Series engines in it. If I am not mistaken it is the same one they use in the 4cyl Accord.
Don't pay any attention to this guy's posts. If he's on-line, odds are that he is out of his Element.
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

Bill B wrote:You really can't go wrong with a Honda. My 2007 Element is the most maintenance free vehicle I have ever owned. Just put gas and oil in it and go. The Element has one of the K-Series engines in it. If I am not mistaken it is the same one they use in the 4cyl Accord.
K24 FTW :D 8) :lol:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_K_engine#K24
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
Bill B
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Bill B »

Thats the one K24A8 Thanks.
potownrob wrote:
K24 FTW :D 8) :lol:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_K_engine#K24
Bill Berckman
West Chester, Ohio
2007 Honda Element EX AWD 5 Speed MT
Bawked
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 08 JDM Subaru Impreza STI

Post by Bawked »

Cheers guys, the k20a is quite a nice engine. It's like a b series with torque :lol:

The 6 speed is really nice
<3 fwd
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '19 4RUNNER TRD ORP

Post by AHTOXA »

Thanks for stopping by, and a nice ride!
'19 Toyota 4Runner TRD ORP
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

The original Honda Civic was so small, it would dwarf even today's Fit. Today's Civic is bigger than the original Accord. Even the Fit is prolly bigger than the original Accord.

"Since initiation, Honda has offered several different car body styles and versions of the Accord, and often vehicles marketed under the Accord nameplate concurrently in different regions differ quite substantially. It debuted in 1976 as a compact hatchback, though this style only lasted through 1981, as the line-up was expanded to include a sedan, coupé, and wagon. By the Accord's sixth generation in the 1990s, it evolved into an intermediate vehicle, with one basic platform but with different bodies and proportions to increase its competitiveness against its rivals in different international markets. For the eighth generation of the Accord released for the North America market in 2007, Honda had again chosen to move the model further up-scale and increase its size.[3] This pushed the Accord sedan from the upper limit of what the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) defines as a mid-size car to just above the lower limit of a full-size car,[4] with the coupe still rated as a mid-size car. The current ninth generation Accord for the North America market is again classified as a mid-size car, falls just short of full-size car classification with the combined interior space of 119 cubic feet (3.4 m3)."

Vehicles getting larger seems to be part of a trend for quite a while now, but there seems to be some back-sliding of late. Some newer versions are smaller than their predecessors in both interior volume and in mass.
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter

Post by Rope-Pusher »

Don't Forget the Honda Air Force
woody90
Junior Standardshifter
Cars: Focus ST