My new car! 16 WRX

A place to post photos and discuss your car.
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Re: My new car! 16 WRX

Post by potownrob »

Ewilon1988 wrote:Lol how old? Because I'm only 27. I am also a 6'3 German with blonde hair and we all know that people don't deny the Germans! Jk jk
i think he's still a teenager; started young and is mature so he seems older. don't know what he looks like but, based on his reported track record with the wimenz, he can't be that bad looking... 8)
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
Ewilon1988
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2016 WRX 6MT

Post by Ewilon1988 »

Man, I feel like I'm going to have to keep visiting these forums. Everyone's like family lol.
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

what do i know though?? i keep forgetting BK's no longer a teenager...
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 17 Mazda6 To, 18 Mazda3 i

Post by tankinbeans »

potownrob wrote:what do i know though?? i keep forgetting BK's no longer a teenager...
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
InlinePaul wrote:The driving force of new fangled features to sell more cars [is to] cater to the masses' abject laziness!
Teamwork
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2015 VW GTI

Post by Teamwork »

potownrob wrote:
Ewilon1988 wrote:You would think that Subaru and VW would be up to date with the radios in the car considering the other up to date technology they have. Eye sight and lame change stuff etc etc. I'm shocked you had to jump through hoops like that. I guess it just depends on where you live
teamwork forgot to mention he went in wearing a Nirvana T-shirt and his hat on sideways :lol: :oops: :P

not to mention he's still a teenager :evil: :lol: :cry:
I wish man... I'm turning 27 this June. I am fairly young looking I assume if I'm still getting I.D'ed for powerball and scratch offs though. I wish I still had my 'From the muddy banks of the Wishkah' shirt. I still have to bring my father (or any adult figure) to even get talked to at any dealership on a side note.

In the background distant 3rd or 4th was the Mazda 3 S model for me... and man did Mazda do a great job implementing tech in and sound in their package. Hopeful for another Mazdaspeed 3 someday...
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter

Post by tankinbeans »

I look anywhere between 19 (clean shaven) to about 35 if I am bebearded.

I'll be 28 in 21 days. Recently had my 5 year anniversary on the site.
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
InlinePaul wrote:The driving force of new fangled features to sell more cars [is to] cater to the masses' abject laziness!
Ewilon1988
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Ewilon1988 »

My gf looked at the Mazda CX?(one of those CX SUVs) and that thing had all the bells and whistles and from a tech standpoint was out of this world. Well TankinBeans at least you can look 35 with a beard. My German heritage doesn't allow me to grow a damn beard so I'm stuck looking 20 years old.
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter

Post by tankinbeans »

I guess my German mixes well with the Scots-Irish/Scandinavian. It's too bad I'm short/average.
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
Ewilon1988
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Ewilon1988 »

Well the Scotts can grow nice beards. Mostly red beards though lol. I have a Scottish friend and that man is red as all hell
watkins
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Saab 9-5 Aero wagon

Post by watkins »

Ewilon1988 wrote:Man, I feel like I'm going to have to keep visiting these forums. Everyone's like family lol.
A lot of us have been on here for quite some time. Many have met in person. We do tend to get along pretty well because of (in spite of?) it all.
Ewilon1988
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Ewilon1988 »

I've noticed everyone gets along pretty well. I looked on NASIOC when I first got the subie and most of them were jerks and talked very condescendingly to people and weren't helpful at all.
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

Ewilon1988 wrote:I've noticed everyone gets along pretty well. I looked on NASIOC when I first got the subie and most of them were jerks and talked very condescendingly to people and weren't helpful at all.
yeah, nasioc was definitely more like that. there were lots of good apples in there, but the rotten apples had fun spoiling the pie. vwvortex i've found to me more personable, overall.
Teamwork
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2015 VW GTI

Post by Teamwork »

potownrob wrote:
Ewilon1988 wrote:I've noticed everyone gets along pretty well. I looked on NASIOC when I first got the subie and most of them were jerks and talked very condescendingly to people and weren't helpful at all.
yeah, nasioc was definitely more like that. there were lots of good apples in there, but the rotten apples had fun spoiling the pie. vwvortex i've found to me more personable, overall.
You have to be careful and really filter car club forums. You have to realize that most of the guys on these forums are HARDCORE enthusiasts and marks. I spent some time on NASIOC and regularly frequent VWVortex... again key word is to filter a lot of stuff. You can have great help and hear great stories on either but there are a ton of trolls and people who are way too elitist. I like this forum too.. very laid back, core group, and genuinely helpful and like helping.

Right now there's a post on VWVortex about a kid blowing up his car stage 2 APR tune and he wants advice to commit warranty fraud. Pretty sure everyone registered on the forum has chimed into this riveting political debate.

Oh, and don't even bother trying to get manual transmission advice on a car club forum... some may be helpful, others will light you on fire like you asked to date their daughter or something.
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

Teamwork wrote:
potownrob wrote:
You have to be careful and really filter car club forums. You have to realize that most of the guys on these forums are HARDCORE enthusiasts and marks. I spent some time on NASIOC and regularly frequent VWVortex... again key word is to filter a lot of stuff. You can have great help and hear great stories on either but there are a ton of trolls and people who are way too elitist. I like this forum too.. very laid back, core group, and genuinely helpful and like helping.

Right now there's a post on VWVortex about a kid blowing up his car stage 2 APR tune and he wants advice to commit warranty fraud. Pretty sure everyone registered on the forum has chimed into this riveting political debate.

Oh, and don't even bother trying to get manual transmission advice on a car club forum... some may be helpful, others will light you on fire like you asked to date their daughter or something.
haha i'll have to go check out that vortex thread. i can understand the manual shift questions being scoffed at. to many people who know how to drive manual, they forget how hard it can be to learn to drive manual. SEARCH NOOB!! :P :o :lol:
Ewilon1988
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Ewilon1988 »

Agreeing with you and potown about the VW forum. I went on there about the rev hang and was just creeping and reading about it and people seemed nice. I never asked a question on NASIOC about driving a manual because man were they harsh to people. Calling them noobs and stuff. Saying things like learn how to drive and stuff. Someone posted how rev hang was affecting them learning to drive(like myself) and they lit that person up saying their just terrible and a crap driver.