ClutchDisc's new ride

A place to post photos and discuss your car.
ClutchDisc
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2009 Mazda 5 2.3L 5MT

ClutchDisc's new ride

Post by ClutchDisc »

Hello all!

I just became the proud owner of a 2005 Ford Focus 2.0 manual trans with only 67k in it! :D

Pictures to come, I haven't actually gotten the car yet. :)
09 Mazda 5 2.3 5-speed manual 171k
11 Subaru Forester auto :( 113k
92 Ford Mustang LX 5.0 5-speed manual 151k
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Re: ClutchDisc's new ride

Post by Rope-Pusher »

Pics, or it never happened!

Better be decent resolution, too. I don't wanna see no slushbox with a boot covering the PRNDL and a third pedal painted on the floormat!
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

Rope-Pusher wrote:Pics, or it never happened!

Better be decent resolution, too. I don't wanna see no slushbox with a boot covering the PRNDL and a third pedal painted on the floormat!
+1 :o

car would be ancient to me, but sounds like a decent car nonetheless. :)

edit: what happened to the s10??
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 17 Mazda6 To, 18 Mazda3 i

Post by tankinbeans »

Was that pre- or post-refresh? I know the post-refresh looks better to me.

Congratulations either way.
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
InlinePaul wrote:The driving force of new fangled features to sell more cars [is to] cater to the masses' abject laziness!
ClutchDisc
Senior Standardshifter

Post by ClutchDisc »

I have a few pictures from the ad, one outside and one of the inside. I will get more pictures once I get the car home.

I am selling the S10 to my dad... I just needed something that got better mpg since I now drive about 20k a year.

ClutchFork
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2008 Fusion 2.3L manual

Post by ClutchFork »

Awesome car. Now Clutchdisk has the newest car in the household.

I am ditching the Ranger, which incidentally about the time I decided to get rid of it, the clutch hydraulics seem to be working (more to post later on that thread). Seems it must hate me and wanted to get rid of me.

Looking forward to the S10, Muncie-style gear whine in the New Venture tranny, Nicer sportier shifting vs the Rangers truck-like shifting. In the Ranger your shifting has to be much more deliberate, where the S10 seems to almost automatically (hmm, maybe not the best word) slide into the next gear. S10 has better low end grunt too.

I'll miss winding out the Ranger but being that it is nearly like the old Model T's, held together with baling wire or the modern equivalent, duct tape. It is probably better for my well being to be rid of it.
Stick shiftin since '77
theholycow wrote:Why in the world would you even want to be as smooth as an automatic? Might as well just drive an automatic...
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter

Post by tankinbeans »

Seems a good rig. That is the version of Gen 1 that I really liked.
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
InlinePaul wrote:The driving force of new fangled features to sell more cars [is to] cater to the masses' abject laziness!
theholycow
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '80 Buick LeSabre 4.1 5MT

Post by theholycow »

I'm glad the S10 is staying in the family, and I'm glad that liability of a Ranger is going away!

That Focus looks good and should be a great car.
1980 Buick LeSabre 4.1L 5MT

Put your car in your sig!

Learn to launch/FAQs/lugging/misused terms: meta-sig
watkins wrote:Humans have rear-biased AWD. Cows have 4WD
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter

Post by tankinbeans »

Does Michigan not use salt on the roads? That car looks clean for 12 years old. Even the most anal driver in Minnesota can't keep a car looking that rust free with our winters.
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
ClutchDisc
Senior Standardshifter

Post by ClutchDisc »

Thanks everyone! I like the look of this one a lot. Didn't care for the look of the first focus too much.

The transmission shifts as smooth as butter, and it handles very well.

Yes, Michigan uses salt on the roads. There is a slight bit of bubbling on the undersides of the door where a little rust is starting, but overall the car is very clean for 12 years old. The people I bought it from took really good care of it!
ClutchFork
Master Standardshifter

Post by ClutchFork »

Dad's going to be looking for reasons to put the S10 in the shop so he can try to get to take the Focus for a spin. :lol:
Stick shiftin since '77
theholycow wrote:Why in the world would you even want to be as smooth as an automatic? Might as well just drive an automatic...
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter

Post by tankinbeans »

InlinePaul wrote:Dad's going to be looking for reasons to put the S10 in the shop so he can try to get to take the Focus for a spin. :lol:
Bearings. They eat bearings, at least my 98 Blazer did. Focus looks perfect for you; there's no pesky tach. Hehe
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
ClutchFork
Master Standardshifter

Post by ClutchFork »

Well, ClutchDisk picked up the Focus tonight. He didn't waste any time getting used to it. We drove from Ann Arbor back to Detroit area and I had a tough time keeping up with him, that on a rainy, dark night with heavy traffic. He has learned how nicely that little car can zip around compared to a boxy pickup.

Hey, so long as the Ranger is going bye bye, I may as well drive it like I stole it, eh? :lol:
Stick shiftin since '77
ClutchFork
Master Standardshifter

Post by ClutchFork »

InlinePaul wrote:Well, ClutchDisk picked up the Focus tonight. He didn't waste any time getting used to it. We drove from Ann Arbor back to Detroit area and I had a tough time keeping up with him, that on a rainy, dark night with heavy traffic. He has learned how nicely that little car can zip around compared to a boxy pickup.

Hey, so long as the Ranger is going bye bye, I may as well drive it like I stole it, eh?

Or maybe it is time to try that little trick every kid dreams of--laying a brick on the gas pedal and stand back! Nah, won't work with that stupid rev limiter. High tech spoils all our fun. How to unhook it....

I'd push the truck off a cliff but would get stuck with a cleanup fee and possible jail time. Besides, no cliffs in SE Michigan. :lol:
Stick shiftin since '77
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Post by Rope-Pusher »

InlinePaul wrote:
InlinePaul wrote:Well, ClutchDisk picked up the Focus tonight. He didn't waste any time getting used to it. We drove from Ann Arbor back to Detroit area and I had a tough time keeping up with him, that on a rainy, dark night with heavy traffic. He has learned how nicely that little car can zip around compared to a boxy pickup.

Hey, so long as the Ranger is going bye bye, I may as well drive it like I stole it, eh?

Or maybe it is time to try that little trick every kid dreams of--laying a brick on the gas pedal and stand back! Nah, won't work with that stupid rev limiter. High tech spoils all our fun. How to unhook it....

I'd push the truck off a cliff but would get stuck with a cleanup fee and possible jail time. Besides, no cliffs in SE Michigan. :lol:
Head down South and then out east to the Niagara Escarpment.
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"