The Silver REX

A place to post photos and discuss your car.
Draklen
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2010 Hyundai GenCoupe

The Silver REX

Post by Draklen »

It's a 2002 Platinum Silver WRX (not STI :( , but it's okay still pretty speedy).

Bug Eye FTW?!? Also has covers in the opening.

Exhaust says ProDrive on it. But I've never found it online.

I park it on our driveway, moderately steep. The Buick Park Ave is my dad's and the Mustang is my bro's. Both Slushboxes. My dad refers to my car as "The Filipino Car" since most cars over there are stick. He can drive a stick but doesn't like to.

Not sure what I wanna do to it yet. Tint, 1-up the rims, maybe get an STI hood scoop, remap ECU, up the turbo... I dunno.

EDIT: Moving pics around from other posts.

Parked on the street:

Got Tint: 37% on the sides and 19% on the rear window.

//Edit: Better comparison shot.

Shifter: From AutoZone. Stock one kept spinning. Shifts feel better to me with this one.

Here's the Stock one.

Short Video. Just driving around the block.

New Pic:4/23
Last edited by Draklen on Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:30 am, edited 8 times in total.
PureLife
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '98 BMW 323is (2.8)

Post by PureLife »

Nice WRX. 8)

If you ever decide to upgrade your struts/springs, I'll take the stockers off your hands.
jomotopia
Cars: 04 STi, 05 Matrix XR (AT)

Post by jomotopia »

beautiful car! :D i've always liked the bugeyes.
2013 Subaru Impreza WRX in Orange
magnus_1986
Master Standardshifter

Post by magnus_1986 »

Sorry can't comment on your car, 56k :lol:
Yeah the bugeyes give me the "I may look humble but I can kick your butt in a jiffy" look :lol:
Do not try to find 3rd, for you may not always reach it. Just go up and let it reach you!
vq35
Junior Standardshifter

Post by vq35 »

I still remember the first time I ever rode in a WRX. I was like, whoa, this is a 4 banger???

Awesome car and the bugeyes are great
g35 coupe 6mt bone stock
Draklen
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Draklen »

vq35 wrote:I still remember the first time I ever rode in a WRX. I was like, whoa, this is a 4 banger???
I let my neighbor drive it. I got sick at work and couldn't drive home so she drove the car home for me. She was in love. Her father used to be a NASCAR driver.

She loved the feel of the turbo kicking in and loved the sound of everything (engine, exhaust, BOV, etc).

After flooring it and hitting 65 just when she hit 3rd gear, she said: "OMG, if I were a guy I'd have a giant boner right now. Ha ha ha."

I just about fell out of my car laughing.
jomotopia

Post by jomotopia »

who's her father?

sounds like she's someone who should be more than a coworker. ;) :lol:
Draklen
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Draklen »

I dunno. I should go ask. I don't even know her last name heh. She's not a co-worker just the neighbor across the street. She and her kids are my brother's friends. They play lot of Guitar Hero :lol:.
vedran
Master Standardshifter

Post by vedran »

nice ride - very clean. the current rims on it are fine IMO, i think you should just leave them on there and just lower it some more
2012 VW GTI - 6MT
2001 Infiniti QX4 - 4AT
Draklen
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Draklen »

Well, from what I've read. If I move up to 17" rims then there are more tires commonly available than 16". Dunno if that's true or not and I forgot where I read that. Oh wells.

The pics above are with it parked on my driveway. So the distance between tire and wheel well may be a little off.

Here's a pic of the WRX on the street. From this you can kinda see how steep my driveway is and the correct distance from tire to wheel well.

Pic moved to first post

I know my car already looks nice but I just have the urge to buy something for my car. I keep telling myself that I want change stuff on my car but I end up changing my mind because it's not a necessary buy. Maybe I'll change 1 thing every year that I've had the car. So every July 29th I'll upgrade something. :D
Last edited by Draklen on Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jomotopia

Post by jomotopia »

do you have a short shifter? if you wanna do something to your car i'd start there. the Cobb double adjustable one is very nice. get some shifter bushings too to clean up some of the slop in the gearbox.
Draklen
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Draklen »

That's what I was kinda thinking to do first. Unless my tires wear out then I'd do rims first. There's a "Rent-A-Wheel" near my place where you rent-to-own rims and they give you the tires free. And I believe they give free replacement tires, of course depending their replacement guidlines on time, wear, cause for replacement, etc.

I's still the stock shifter although it maybe a Subaru short shifter, not sure though. I removed the center console because I was curious about the shifter heh. The shifts are clean and there is almost no vibration in the shifter unless I go 5k+ RPMs and only in 3rd gear. I think the previous owner changed out the bushings.
subzero
Master Standardshifter

Post by subzero »

damn that wrx is clean as hell. lol, "the filipino car". my mom used to call the type-s i drove for a while the same thing.
FREE ROMAN!
Draklen
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Draklen »

Okay so uh... I got my windows tinted. 37% on the sides and 19% on the back. Non-Dye, Non-Metallic tint. Ran me $235, $165 + $70 for type of tint.

Pic moved to first post

The 37% didn't look as dark in the shop or when they first put it on. Oh wells. My friend said I should just go 7% all around heh.

I'll get a better pic later when it's not so bright out and there aren't cars parked all over my street. Only parking was on my driveway.
Last edited by Draklen on Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jomotopia

Post by jomotopia »

looks great! :D