Blown blower motor resistor 00 civic

Synchros shot? Weird noises while shifting? Not sure what needs to be replaced?
FDSpirit
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2000 Honda Civic Si

Blown blower motor resistor 00 civic

Post by FDSpirit »

Not entirely done off for good. Only the "high" and "highest" settings work on it. I knew from the get-go that there was a problem from it. I've posted on honda-tech and used OnDemand, but they both don't provide enough info on how to remove the resistor. The OP over on honda-tech posted a fix, but was for a different year, same gen civic. Anyone here know how to remove this damn thing?
2000 Honda Civic Si- Slightly faster than your grandmomma's grocery getter......slightly.
Takigu
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 98 s-10 4.3L vortec v6

Re: Blown blower motor resistor 00 civic

Post by Takigu »

well if you find where it is you should be able to just pull it out. i'm not sure that is is a resistor in the civics but the old mini van i had was a control module (or something) it should be under the dash somewhere prolly on the pssenger side thats where my sisters cavalier's was
FDSpirit
Master Standardshifter

Post by FDSpirit »

I know where it is, its just a matter of removing it. The layout for the area behind the glove box is the same, but my resistor's base doesn't stick out like the earlier years of that gen. With the older ones, you just unscrew 2 screws and pull it out. On mine, you do the unscrewing in the same area, but there seems to be more work to it because its underneath something else
http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2082345
I have the last post with the tiny pics. If you can see, the OPs resistor kinda sticks out whereas mine is sunken inside the box with the clips
2000 Honda Civic Si- Slightly faster than your grandmomma's grocery getter......slightly.
Takigu
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 98 s-10 4.3L vortec v6

Post by Takigu »

tryed poping the clips off? i cant really see it very well the pic is pretty small
FDSpirit
Master Standardshifter

Post by FDSpirit »

Turns out it might not even be that =(. I unplugged the connector and popped it in the new resistor. Same problem. Gonna try and see if its the switch. If not, then im out of ideas for the weekend.
comingbackdown
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 99 Ram 2500, 86 Ford LTD

Post by comingbackdown »

FDSpirit wrote:Turns out it might not even be that =(. I unplugged the connector and popped it in the new resistor. Same problem. Gonna try and see if its the switch. If not, then im out of ideas for the weekend.
If it's not the resistor, it's likely the switch, or a fuse or relay. I'd check the fuses and relays before doing anything with the switch.
1999 Ram 2500 4x4 360, 1986 Ford LTD 3.8L, 1983 Yamaha Venture Royale 1200