GPS

Synchros shot? Weird noises while shifting? Not sure what needs to be replaced?
Leedeth
Master Standardshifter

Re: GPS

Post by Leedeth »

Lol I agree about watkins but what did maskeet ever do?
watkins
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Saab 9-5 Aero wagon

Post by watkins »

Arent they?
ColJessip
Master Standardshifter

Post by ColJessip »

Get a portable GPS, bounce a blunt on it. Then it will automatically transport to the correct position.
maskeet
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2009 Ford Focus

Post by maskeet »

tinton why do u like dick soo much?? u r being ridiculous.

if u don't like me don't respond to my threads it is that simple.

ColJessip wrote:Get a portable GPS, bounce a blunt on it. Then it will automatically transport to the correct position.
haha sounds like an interesting idea lol
2009 Focus SE sedan
1994 Mazda B3000
1987 Buick Riviera - sadly all good things come to an end
comingbackdown
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 99 Ram 2500, 86 Ford LTD

Post by comingbackdown »

ColJessip wrote:Get a portable GPS, bounce a blunt on it. Then it will automatically transport to the correct position.
Nah, man. Bounce a few blunts into your brain, man.
1999 Ram 2500 4x4 360, 1986 Ford LTD 3.8L, 1983 Yamaha Venture Royale 1200
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

maskeet wrote:
potownrob wrote:depending on how you're planning to use the gps, that might be a very low mounting location (next to the airbag off spot), plus i think the gps is bigger than the empty spot, in case you need to use the airbag thing and the reset button to the left of the empty spot. i would try to mount it higher, even though down low is better for both wiring and people not seeing it. for your dash, i'd consider to the left of the cd load button. you could probably even mount the suction cup mount thing to the dash, and then with some creativity you could route the wires either around the side of the silver part of the dash from below or up through the vent at the top of the silver piece. don't ask me how to wire in the power adapter without using one of the cigarette lighter adapters, though, especially if it has traffic built-in (plus the traffic antenna would suffer is stuck in the dash). you could also get a vent mount and also run the wires up through the vent (i'd use the one above the cd load button).

I was thinking that if i mounted it in that empty spot at the bottom that i would have the stand coming out of that spot so i could angle it towards me
i would do a test first. i would put the suction cup mount on the area of plastic below the fan speed dial and drive around and see if you can function while using the gps in this position. i know i would fail miserably and hit a tree or another car. i have mine mounted on the vent to the right of the steering wheel and still have to take my eyes off the road to focus on the gps. i have heard of people mounting it at the top of the windshield where you can see it but the strip of tinting at the top of the windshield blocks view from the outside. not sure how you'd wire this though...
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
maskeet
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2009 Ford Focus

Post by maskeet »

i thought about that but the problem is that my car doesnt have that tint i believe
2009 Focus SE sedan
1994 Mazda B3000
1987 Buick Riviera - sadly all good things come to an end