door handle(s)

Synchros shot? Weird noises while shifting? Not sure what needs to be replaced?
wannabe
Master Standardshifter
Cars: NONE - take the bus

door handle(s)

Post by wannabe »

the drivers door handle picks up a bit when you open the door...no where near as bad as aaron's cavvy.

and the lock on the passenger's door doesn't work. with either key. do i need a new lock? (i don't normally lock the car, but in my possibly new neighboor hood (i find out this weekend) you need to lock the doors)....
2003 Chrysler town and country

Crafting and stuff
LHOswald
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '99 Civic Hatch w/B16a

Re: door handle(s)

Post by LHOswald »

wannabe wrote:the drivers door handle picks up a bit when you open the door...no where near as bad as aaron's cavvy.

and the lock on the passenger's door doesn't work. with either key. do i need a new lock? (i don't normally lock the car, but in my possibly new neighboor hood (i find out this weekend) you need to lock the doors)....
as long as your car has a locking steering column, noones going to steal your car. and if you dont keep anything of value in sight of the outside of your car than noones going to steal anything. locking the doors just makes people think that there is something valuable inside so they smash a window and try to take something.

its happened to so many cars when i go to hartford and i've even seen a skinny ass white dude try to steal a corolla before he realized he wasn't going to get the think moving so he took off with some cd's, a cd player and the headphones.
theholycow
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '80 Buick LeSabre 4.1 5MT

Post by theholycow »

Locking steering column or not, nobody's going to steal a beat-up old Tercel.
1980 Buick LeSabre 4.1L 5MT

Put your car in your sig!

Learn to launch/FAQs/lugging/misused terms: meta-sig
watkins wrote:Humans have rear-biased AWD. Cows have 4WD
wannabe
Master Standardshifter

Post by wannabe »

i'm not worried about people stealing teh car, its a stick!

i'm worried about people stealing the STUFF in the car...i keep my pop in there (that way i have caffiene whenever i need it :P) and i travel on weekends from my place in grand rapids to my grandparents place, taking my stuff to holland, and i don't want it taken...and i keep important documents in my backpack...and if that were to be stolen i'd be F*CKED. majorly...

Crafting and stuff
watkins
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Saab 9-5 Aero wagon

Post by watkins »

Thats what a trunk is for
permabanned
Master Standardshifter

Post by permabanned »

people dont break into cars to steal registration and insurance cards and they definitely dont break into cars to steal warm ass pop thats been sitting there. you could have a brick of solid gold sitting on the passenger seat and they wont break into it and steal it.

take it from me, i left my keys in the car at the hood campus at school and 3 hours later it wasnt gone. its not a cadillac or a cutlass supreme, black people have no interest in it
95 probe GT
02 yamaha R6
My Flickr
comingbackdown
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 99 Ram 2500, 86 Ford LTD

Post by comingbackdown »

paul34 wrote:actually the trunk is for bodies
"Let the bodies hit the floor, let the bodies hit the floor, let the bodies hit the... FLOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRR!"

That said:
Trunk it or keep it indoors.
1999 Ram 2500 4x4 360, 1986 Ford LTD 3.8L, 1983 Yamaha Venture Royale 1200
theholycow
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '80 Buick LeSabre 4.1 5MT

Post by theholycow »

permabanned wrote:you could have a brick of solid gold sitting on the passenger seat and they wont break into it and steal it.
People break into cars to steal far less...but not a drink or papers. A backpack, however, is iffy; if the right crackhead comes along and sees it he'll wonder what's hiding in it.
take it from me, i left my keys in the car at the hood campus at school and 3 hours later it wasnt gone.
One experience does not sufficient data make. It's not predictable or guaranteed that a risky setup will get broken into; it's a chance. The chance is higher if you leave something attractive in plain sight. With a lower chance, there's still the issue of the stakes being higher, such as with important paperwork.
its not a cadillac or a cutlass supreme, black people have no interest in it
Go easy on the racism there...I'd guess that the statistics include a reasonably large representation of scummy people of all races.
1980 Buick LeSabre 4.1L 5MT

Put your car in your sig!

Learn to launch/FAQs/lugging/misused terms: meta-sig
watkins wrote:Humans have rear-biased AWD. Cows have 4WD
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '19 4RUNNER TRD ORP

Post by AHTOXA »

I have some experience with the matter living in the city of Chicago and having had my car broken into a few times.

- don't leave anything valuable in plain sight, ever.
- if it's really valuable, put it away BEFORE you get to where you need to park so that there's no chance of someone seeing you hide it.

- do not leave more than a $1 or two in spare change in the cupholders. A neighbor of mine had her shitty car broken into for some $4 in change.

- if the car is going to be broken into they will check the glovebox unless it's locked. They will not waste time on a locked box most of the time. Car break-ins are usually "smash and grab".
'19 Toyota 4Runner TRD ORP
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
wannabe
Master Standardshifter

Post by wannabe »

i want my door handle to stop falling off.

i want my lock to work.

that is all.

i like to unlock the pass door for people before unlocking my door...its a good chivalrous thing to do.

Crafting and stuff
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter

Post by AHTOXA »

wannabe wrote:
i like to unlock the pass door for people before unlocking my door...its a good chivalrous thing to do.
The cars I have had or my dad had in the last 7 years did not have a lock on the passenger side. Most cars stopped putting them there since early 2000's or so.
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
wannabe
Master Standardshifter

Post by wannabe »

AHTOXA wrote:
wannabe wrote:
The cars I have had or my dad had in the last 7 years did not have a lock on the passenger side. Most cars stopped putting them there since early 2000's or so.
ya...and? has NOTHING to do with my car. i have a lock on the passenger side door. i can stick any key i want in there, and it won't turn. i want it to turn.

Crafting and stuff
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter

Post by AHTOXA »

Chill out. :D
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
wannabe
Master Standardshifter

Post by wannabe »

that would work. as long as its not snowing. and i could lock in my passengers! *evil laugh*

Crafting and stuff
permabanned
Master Standardshifter

Post by permabanned »

or you could just get in and pull on the door handle and unlock the door and push the button to lock it
95 probe GT
02 yamaha R6
My Flickr