Irregular engine sound, and I smell gas.

Synchros shot? Weird noises while shifting? Not sure what needs to be replaced?
padauk_dust
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '88 Accord, '96 VFR

Re: Irregular engine sound, and I smell gas.

Post by padauk_dust »

LHOswald wrote:
padauk_dust wrote:Remember you need 3 things: compression, spark, and air/fuel mixture to make an engine run.
technically thats 4, because if you had air but no fuel nothing would happen, and fuel but no hair nothing would happen. but really its 5 because you also need the ability of movement from the crankshaft, camshaft etc. with them being blocked or seized its not going to do much

so the 5 things you need are compression, spark, air, fuel and ability of movement

Indeed. A mixture, as I said. And of course, you need your engine not to seize for it to run. That is also true.
'88 Accord DX
'96 VFR750
padauk_dust
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '88 Accord, '96 VFR

Post by padauk_dust »

lmao!
Rope-Pusher wrote:Well I'm gonna to go then! And I don't need any of this! I don't need this stuff, (he pushes all of the letters off the desk), and I don't need you. I don't need anything except this (he picks up the ashtray) and that's it and that's the only thing I need, is this. I don't need this or this. Just this ashtray. And this paddle game, the ashtray and the paddle game and that's all I need. And this remote control. The ashtray, the paddle game and the remote control, and that's all I need. And these matches. The ashtray, and these matches, and the remote control and the paddle ball. And this lamp. The ashtray, this paddle game and the remote control and the lamp and that's all I need. And that's all I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one - I need this! The paddle game, and the chair, and the remote control, and the matches, for sure. Well what are you looking at? What do you think I am, some kind of a jerk or something? And this! And that's all I need. The ashtray, the remote control, the paddle game, this magazine and the chair.
:lol: :lol:

Sorry for the double post.
'88 Accord DX
'96 VFR750
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Post by Rope-Pusher »

ElectroGhandi wrote:Maybe one of you car students can help me with this one. My Rodeo is running a little rough, and kinda makes a chugging sound, but only slighty. Also, when I turn it off and get out, I can smell gas a lot.

Any ideas?
I don't know how to run a Rodeo, but I know how to hold a Hoe down.
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
ElectroGhandi
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 1994 Isuzu Rodeo V6

Post by ElectroGhandi »

Update. The problem went away on its own. Cariiiiiiino
theholycow
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '80 Buick LeSabre 4.1 5MT

Post by theholycow »

Evaporative emissions system. That should throw a code like P0440 but even without the code it sounds like an evap issue.
1980 Buick LeSabre 4.1L 5MT

Put your car in your sig!

Learn to launch/FAQs/lugging/misused terms: meta-sig
watkins wrote:Humans have rear-biased AWD. Cows have 4WD
FDSpirit
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2000 Honda Civic Si

Post by FDSpirit »

My car did something like that last week. I had to take my air intake off to get a better angle for some car work. I didn't tighten the intake back onto the throttle body fully. Started the car, engine ran rough and my car threw a CEL. Re-checked my work and realized the problem. I have to reset the light in my car. Car is running fine and light hasn't come back on.
2000 Honda Civic Si- Slightly faster than your grandmomma's grocery getter......slightly.