WEIRD NOISE FROM ENGINE :(

Synchros shot? Weird noises while shifting? Not sure what needs to be replaced?
solo0590
Junior Standardshifter

WEIRD NOISE FROM ENGINE :(

Post by solo0590 »

hey everyone,

so i was installing new bulbs on my headlights, and when i turned the key all the way w/o turning the car on there was this beeeeeeeeeeeeeee noise coming from right above the alternator around the turbo, and i have never noticed it before, but i closed the hood and i could barely hear it, so idk if it has been there all along or if its something to worry about.

have you guys ever gotten like that lil ringing in your ear eeeeeeeee thats the same noise coming from it, but it turns off after like 30secs, i have a 2005 gli 1.8T.

Thanks!
FDSpirit
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2000 Honda Civic Si

Re: WEIRD NOISE FROM ENGINE :(

Post by FDSpirit »

Might be the battery. Or accessories. My friend and I were working on my car yesterday, and we needed to move the wheel, so he turned the key up until on click before fully on. He forgot to turn everything off and I heard a noise. Once he turned the accessories off, it went away. It might be that. Turn your key to where you can operate the fans and everything without actually turning the car on, which I think you said before, and listen for the noise.
2000 Honda Civic Si- Slightly faster than your grandmomma's grocery getter......slightly.
mtheis
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 07 Corolla, 76 Celica

Post by mtheis »

Does it sound like a buzzing/humming fuel pump?
2007 Corolla
2017 Cannondale Quick 3
1995 Tercel
1976 Celica GT
Unofficial SS.com IRC Server
Driving stick since March 20, 2002
Official lurker
watkins
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Saab 9-5 Aero wagon

Post by watkins »

Fuel pumps are nearly always in the tank though
LHOswald
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '99 Civic Hatch w/B16a

Post by LHOswald »

FDSpirit wrote:Might be the battery. Or accessories. My friend and I were working on my car yesterday, and we needed to move the wheel, so he turned the key up until on click before fully on. He forgot to turn everything off and I heard a noise. Once he turned the accessories off, it went away. It might be that. Turn your key to where you can operate the fans and everything without actually turning the car on, which I think you said before, and listen for the noise.
accessories ftw!