I think my clutch is slipping

Synchros shot? Weird noises while shifting? Not sure what needs to be replaced?
Shadow
Master Standardshifter

Re: I think my clutch is slipping

Post by Shadow »

comawhite wrote:
What did do to cause a burning clutch for a burnout? Weren't they suppose to drop the clutch at a high rev and then hit the brakes quickly while giving it gas? Or at least that is what I've been told (don't have RWD manual only automatic and scared to do it in an automatic).
Yup, that's how it should be done. Rev it up somewhere around the torque peak of the engine, dump the clutch, and then give it enough throttle to keep the tires spinning. You can even shift into 2nd gear if you want. Brakes are optional.....if you don't want the care to creep forward, you can use the brakes. At the drag strip, lots of guys installed line locks (which apply the front brakes only) so they didn't have to step on the brake pedal at all and didn't cause unnecessary wear on the rear brakes.

BTW, if your clutch is already weak and/or starting to slip, you can still destroy your clutch trying to do a burnout like the guy in the video. With a healthy clutch, the tires should be spinning instead of the clutch slipping.