Exhaust Shop Question...

Synchros shot? Weird noises while shifting? Not sure what needs to be replaced?
six
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2015 Chevrolet SS 6MT

Exhaust Shop Question...

Post by six »

So, my car is a little old to say the least, so bolt-on exhaust systems for it are pretty much non-existent now. I was thinking of swapping out the exhaust since that is pretty much the only part of the car that is left to mod (the I and H of the IHE combo has been done already).

What I am wondering is, do any of you know around how much, ballpark-wise, would an exhaust shop charge to lop off the stock mufflers and weld/attach on new mufflers (that I will be providing)? Just a simple cut and weld, but a dual-muffler setup. Should I expect to be paying north of $100 for that? I have no experience with this since all of the previous exhaust mods have been bolt-on for me.
2015 Heron White Chevrolet SS Sedan 6MT
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Re: Exhaust Shop Question...

Post by potownrob »

i don't have too much experience with this, but a midas (in new paltz, ny) once only charged me $20 to lop off my aftermarket tailpipe and weld on a new "stock-looking" tailpipe ending. that was close to 10 years ago and just at one shop, but maybe you'll get lucky.
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
watkins
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Saab 9-5 Aero wagon

Post by watkins »

Your only real option is to go get estimates from shops in the area. Its all a bit of a gamble. I paid $90 to have my muffler replaced with a custom twin tip. On the other hand, I had a custom center pipe quoted at $160 that I talked down to $105. I could get the part shipped for $105.
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '19 4RUNNER TRD ORP

Post by AHTOXA »

I paid just under a 100 when I was doing something similar on the truck, but that was like 8 years ago.
'19 Toyota 4Runner TRD ORP
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
six
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2015 Chevrolet SS 6MT

Post by six »

Okay, thanks for the insights :) :)
2015 Heron White Chevrolet SS Sedan 6MT