Vac pump won't quit running - suggestions?

Synchros shot? Weird noises while shifting? Not sure what needs to be replaced?
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '19 4RUNNER TRD ORP

Re: Vac pump won't quit running - suggestions?

Post by AHTOXA »

potownrob wrote:
AHTOXA wrote:Finding a used Forester in the trim I want is even more difficult thank new, and all I ask is a manual that's not a base model. No way I'd ever find used. Plus, I'd likely have a higher interest rate on used and since they don't depreciate much, I'd be basically spending very similar money for something that's used. Doesn't make much sense.
Did you testdrive one?? When I checked last night it looked like Dallas didn't have any manuals but one is on the way, and Plano had a base model and a premium on the way. Of course, those online listings aren't always right, as I learned from following the honda listings.
Yes, I actually test drove that base one at Plano. And the sales guy is supposed to call me when that '16 premium manual gets here.
'19 Toyota 4Runner TRD ORP
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
comingbackdown
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 99 Ram 2500, 86 Ford LTD

Post by comingbackdown »

Forgive me if I am mistaken, but were you not the one that I told "I drive a base model for work every day. They suck."
I was slack jawed after our 2012 snapped a sway bar link in under two years. It wasn't horrible rusty, it just let go. Because they wait several years to release some things to aftermarket, we didn't have one. Dealer didn't have one. Nobody within 100 miles of here had one. What could have been a fifty dollar expenditure for a premium part and less than half an hour's labor cost us a couple hundred dollars FOR PARTS. Mind you I would never post such a thing anywhere, this is coming from someone who isn't me and I will disavow all knowledge of said incident if queried by anyone from a higher pay grade.

On the bright side at least your brake job won't take almost 18 total hours over three days a week apart and close to $250 worth of parts/tools expenditure. *explanation to follow in different thread about new ride* FML.

My advantage as far as vehicles is I get to talk to the guys on the front lines fixing them every day. The most common description I hear of the Sonic is "You drive that piece of shit for work?"

Then again, this is all personal experience, but I was foaming at the mouth the moment I saw external torx on the damned engine cover...
1999 Ram 2500 4x4 360, 1986 Ford LTD 3.8L, 1983 Yamaha Venture Royale 1200
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

honda fit ex manual FTW (if the forester and ST don't work out) 8)

ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter

Post by AHTOXA »

potownrob wrote:honda fit ex manual FTW (if the forester and ST don't work out) 8)
Nah, I might as well fix and keep the Sonic rather than get into another vehicle with the same size and even less power. If I'm going to do this, I'm going to make it worthwhile. If not, I'll fix the Sonic and drive it for another couple of years or until I get fed up with it nickel and diming me.
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Post by Rope-Pusher »

AHTOXA wrote:
potownrob wrote:honda fit ex manual FTW (if the forester and ST don't work out) 8)
Nah, I might as well fix and keep the Sonic rather than get into another vehicle with the same size and even less power. If I'm going to do this, I'm going to make it worthwhile. If not, I'll fix the Sonic and drive it for another couple of years or until I get fed up with it nickel and diming me.

You got the Devil on one shoulder and an Angel on the other and they're both burpin' in your ears.
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

I feel dirty and insulted that you would compare the sonic to the mighty fit. I bet you haven't even driven one. They are quick and more versatile and no cheapness. I'm gonna have to take a shower now. :x
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter

Post by AHTOXA »

potownrob wrote:I feel dirty and insulted that you would compare the sonic to the mighty fit. I bet you haven't even driven one. They are quick and more versatile and no cheapness. I'm gonna have to take a shower now. :x
I'm not hating on the Fit, bit I'm not going to get into another economy hatch. I know they are more versatile, but I really would like something more. Either more performance or more utility; currently leaning towards more utility. The Fit just doesn't do it for me, I suppose.
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
watkins
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Saab 9-5 Aero wagon

Post by watkins »

potownrob wrote:the mighty fit
Fanboi
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

AHTOXA wrote:
potownrob wrote:I feel dirty and insulted that you would compare the sonic to the mighty fit. I bet you haven't even driven one. They are quick and more versatile and no cheapness. I'm gonna have to take a shower now. :x
I'm not hating on the Fit, bit I'm not going to get into another economy hatch. I know they are more versatile, but I really would like something more. Either more performance or more utility; currently leaning towards more utility. The Fit just doesn't do it for me, I suppose.
fair enough, i suppose 8)
potownrob
Master Standardshifter

Post by potownrob »

watkins wrote:
potownrob wrote:the mighty fit
Fanboi
guilty as charged :D :twisted: :mrgreen: :lol:
Jastreb
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2009 Mazda RX-8 R3, Blue

Post by Jastreb »

Sorry to hear that Tony. You'd think this is something that would be grounds for a recall, since, you know, brakes are kind of important. But we've all seen how GM handles those...

Also, y not consider a Mazda3 hatch?
2009 Mazda RX-8 R3
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter

Post by AHTOXA »

Jastreb wrote:Sorry to hear that Tony. You'd think this is something that would be grounds for a recall, since, you know, brakes are kind of important. But we've all seen how GM handles those...

Also, y not consider a Mazda3 hatch?
I'd really, really like AWD.
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650