Can't blow horn...blows my mind!

Synchros shot? Weird noises while shifting? Not sure what needs to be replaced?
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Re: Can't blow horn...blows my mind!

Post by Rope-Pusher »

watkins wrote:Pretty sure that replacing the clock spring is way easier than rewiring the car and adding a button. And by "pretty sure" I mean I know for a fact.
Rilly? Hain't munch simpler things in loif than running a war from the headlight to the horn.
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
ClutchFork
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2008 Fusion 2.3L manual

Post by ClutchFork »

watkins wrote:Pretty sure that replacing the clock spring is way easier than rewiring the car and adding a button. And by "pretty sure" I mean I know for a fact.
Probably so, but I am not messing with it because the air bag is right there. My shop will do it, just have to get the part ordered ahead of time.
Stick shiftin since '77
theholycow wrote:Why in the world would you even want to be as smooth as an automatic? Might as well just drive an automatic...
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Post by Rope-Pusher »

InlinePaul wrote:
Probably so, but I am not messing with it because the air bag is right there. My shop will do it, just have to get the part ordered ahead of time.
Half Ewe know cents of adventure?
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
theholycow
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '80 Buick LeSabre 4.1 5MT

Post by theholycow »

Airbag is really nothing to fear. It comes off as a self-contained modular unit just the same way its predecessor the plain old horn pad used to. Unscrew the screws from the side/rear of the wheel, and lift it out. Unplug the connector, which requires no special precautions, and it's out of the way.

The clock spring is more difficult but that is the same whether or not there is an airbag.
1980 Buick LeSabre 4.1L 5MT

Put your car in your sig!

Learn to launch/FAQs/lugging/misused terms: meta-sig
watkins wrote:Humans have rear-biased AWD. Cows have 4WD
watkins
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Saab 9-5 Aero wagon

Post by watkins »

I cant even begin to remember how many airbags Ive pulled. Never once had an issue. The damn things are self-protected anyway to guard against accidental splodey-boombooms
ClutchFork
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2008 Fusion 2.3L manual

Post by ClutchFork »

What is an airbag for? Is that so you can breathe in case you drive into the lake and can't get out because of the stupid power windows and the battery shorted out? :? :wink:
Stick shiftin since '77
theholycow wrote:Why in the world would you even want to be as smooth as an automatic? Might as well just drive an automatic...