a question about the shifter shaking

Synchros shot? Weird noises while shifting? Not sure what needs to be replaced?
mustang0332
Senior Standardshifter

Post by mustang0332 »

My shifter shakes all the time...driving and in neutral. Some cars are just way cause of their engines.
03 Mustang V6
Sypher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 05 Mazda 3 GT

Post by Sypher »

scionkid wrote:
pHEnomIC wrote:Mine shakes even at idle, its sweet!
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

What are you guys doing with your hand on the shifter while driving? That's not a good practice.
I dont usually have my hand on the shifter. But I still know it shakes, because when I get ready to shift, I put my hand on the shifter before I begin the process of shifting.
TransAm350fi
Junior Standardshifter

Post by TransAm350fi »

Shortshifters tend to rumble more than normal shifters, at least that's what I've come to notice.
12.278 @113.45mph on an 87 Trans Am
DriedMoss
Junior Standardshifter
Cars: 2008 Nissan 350Z

Re: a question about the shifter shaking

Post by DriedMoss »

My shifter shakes, but other forum members have said the shaking is the nature of all manuals. I only notice this shaking when the clutch is pressed in or when the car is at idle and the shifter is in neutral.

From my limited understanding the normal vibrations from the transmission, under the above conditions, are sent up through the shifter and make it shake. Unless the shifter shaking gradually gets worse over time, or the shakes are uncontrollable when shifting, then I see the shakes as anything but a problem.
comingbackdown
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 99 Ram 2500, 86 Ford LTD

Re: a question about the shifter shaking

Post by comingbackdown »

DriedMoss wrote:My shifter shakes, but other forum members have said the shaking is the nature of all manuals. I only notice this shaking when the clutch is pressed in or when the car is at idle and the shifter is in neutral.

From my limited understanding the normal vibrations from the transmission, under the above conditions, are sent up through the shifter and make it shake. Unless the shifter shaking gradually gets worse over time, or the shakes are uncontrollable when shifting, then I see the shakes as anything but a problem.
Epic necrothread.
A record, possibly?
1999 Ram 2500 4x4 360, 1986 Ford LTD 3.8L, 1983 Yamaha Venture Royale 1200