Some manual advice needed please

Read the FAQ and still not sure about something? Want to shift faster? Post here.
theholycow
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '80 Buick LeSabre 4.1 5MT

Re: Some manual advice needed please

Post by theholycow »

So the dampers would be too damp, then? :lol:
1980 Buick LeSabre 4.1L 5MT

Put your car in your sig!

Learn to launch/FAQs/lugging/misused terms: meta-sig
watkins wrote:Humans have rear-biased AWD. Cows have 4WD
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Post by Rope-Pusher »

Damp strait!
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
bk7794
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 00 Civic (Stock)

Post by bk7794 »

Right, so instead of making hundreds of new threads I think I Am going to start posting my questions here. I so far have been doing pretty good. Its been almost a year and I have dramatically improved. Messing up almost every 1>2 shift to messing up almost none...except when I am tired and it rains :x! I can't seem to get over those two. I think when I am tired I am just too lazy to move fast enough...so the rpms fall too fast and thats where the headbobbing takes place.

However when it comes to rain it seems like both the revs fall too fast, and the gas pedal is very stiff. Has anyone ever noticed this? And has anyone ever found a way to overcome it? I need to retime my engine, and see if its something with the throttle body...but other then that I am perplexed...I know its not the clutch like I have said before.
2004 Honda Accord 2.4 5 Speed
1989 Ford Taurus SHO 5 speed
kayubassist
Senior Standardshifter

Post by kayubassist »

rev falls really fast on my car when it's cold outside.
and if i just shift like i would normally, the car jerks and my dog looks at me with this sad face like he would puke in my car right then.
so now I rev match my upshifts every morning until the car is warmed up like i would when downshifting and it seems to smoothen out shifts.
blip throttle before engaging clutch for upshifts too.
2012 Audi A3 S-Line Titanium 6MT
bk7794
Master Standardshifter

Post by bk7794 »

kayubassist wrote:rev falls really fast on my car when it's cold outside.
and if i just shift like i would normally, the car jerks and my dog looks at me with this sad face like he would puke in my car right then.
so now I rev match my upshifts every morning until the car is warmed up like i would when downshifting and it seems to smoothen out shifts.
blip throttle before engaging clutch for upshifts too.
I never thought of doing this. Sometimes I get horrible rev hang...I don't know if its the ECU putting it in or its just the slow response of the Throttle body. Thanks though I am definitely going to try this when I experience this! :idea:
bk7794
Master Standardshifter

Post by bk7794 »

Alright so it rained out today and I tried giving it gas before shifting but I am still getting a slight hiccup. And its noticeable to me. I am going to try the actual blip the gas pedal soon to see if that solves the issue.
bk7794
Master Standardshifter

Post by bk7794 »

I think my alternator is going out. I had an alternator tester that plugs into the 12v accessory plug. I turned my headlights on and stepped on the brake and all that I would have on when it rains. It reads low on the tester. About 13v...so that could be my issue.