Test drove my first standard - Story within @_@

Read the FAQ and still not sure about something? Want to shift faster? Post here.
Charles421
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2011 BMW 335i Coupe, 6MT

Re: Test drove my first standard - Story within @_@

Post by Charles421 »

Glad to hear you didn't stall. Stalling isn't a bad thing though - it is unnerving in traffic but now and then a stall is good to keep you from getting lazy/sloppy. :wink:

I had issues launching my car for a while (partly due to the Clutch Delay Valve in my car). Probably just a matter of time to get them smooth; it was for me.

There are some different methods for starting (regarding the timing of the clutch/gas, etc). I press the gas ever so lightly and let the clutch up to right when it starts to grab (because I'm on the gas just a bit, the RPMs don't dip much if at all when the clutch starts grabbing), then gradually apply more gas as I let the clutch the rest of the way out.
2011 BMW E92 335i: Le Mans Blue, M Sport, 6MT w/ CDV Mod, BMW Performance Exhaust + Style 269 19" Wheels
Angelbroken
Junior Standardshifter

Re: Test drove my first standard - Story within @_@

Post by Angelbroken »

Thanks for the tips guys! I'll try that on my drive later tonight. I'm gradually starting to get comfortable with my new car, and still being under 50KM Standard driving experience, I think I'm learning fairly fast. :oops: