Today's dissappointment

Read the FAQ and still not sure about something? Want to shift faster? Post here.
Squint
Master Standardshifter

Re: Today's dissappointment

Post by Squint »

LastXdeth wrote:UPDATE:

I just went to my local Ford dealership today and sucessfully drove a 2012 Ford Fiesta without stalling!
Nice car choice :D
I felt bad for pushing in the clutch everytime I brake. I knew in the back of my mind that engine braking would be much more efficient, but I was deathly afraid of stalling so I ignore my conscience. My fear of stalling also tended to make me rev high and made me launch with excessive tire-spin one time.
These are both completely normal, as His Bovine Holiness has stated. I still occasionally have a high rpm launch if I slip up on my normal see-sawing habits.
P.S. Regarding the hand-brake, is the proper way to activate it is by pulling the lever and pushing the release button, or just pulling the lever without pushing the release button (spring noises)? I don't recall where I heard it from, but I heard it was better to pull the handbrake by pushing the button to avoid damaging the springs, but the dealer freaked out when I did it.
I've always been of the opinion that strange noises are never good. So I push the button, pull up, then release the button. And to release, push the button, pull up slightly, then let it drop, then release button. Basically, push the button. :roll: :lol:
'15 Mazda 3 iSport Hatch 6MT
'11 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 5MT
'14 Giant Escape City 24MT
'97 Honda Civic EX 4AT - Retired @ 184,001 mi

For Pony!
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 17 Mazda6 To, 18 Mazda3 i

Post by tankinbeans »

You do the push and yank. :D
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
InlinePaul wrote:The driving force of new fangled features to sell more cars [is to] cater to the masses' abject laziness!
Squint
Master Standardshifter

Post by Squint »

tankinbeans wrote:You do the push and yank. :D
Pushing her buttons right does wonders, know what I mean? Nudge nudge, wink wink, know what I mean?
'15 Mazda 3 iSport Hatch 6MT
'11 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 5MT
'14 Giant Escape City 24MT
'97 Honda Civic EX 4AT - Retired @ 184,001 mi

For Pony!