Post your Current mileage

Off-topic posts, quotes of the day and anything else you just would like to vent to the world. PG-13 or below PLEASE!
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 17 Mazda6 To, 18 Mazda3 i

Re: Post your Current mileage

Post by tankinbeans »

wannabe wrote:because i walk/bus, my milage is steps! I average 4000 steps a day. :P
On how many gallons of water?
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
InlinePaul wrote:The driving force of new fangled features to sell more cars [is to] cater to the masses' abject laziness!
Squint
Master Standardshifter

Post by Squint »

tankinbeans wrote:
wannabe wrote:because i walk/bus, my milage is steps! I average 4000 steps a day. :P
I mean, technically we need to measure those 4000 steps in regards to calories of food intake since that is the energy the body uses...

Or, wannabe could come up with a ratio of steps per number of individuals who should never be allowed to drive again that she has to talk with on the phone. :lol:
'15 Mazda 3 iSport Hatch 6MT
'11 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 5MT
'14 Giant Escape City 24MT
'97 Honda Civic EX 4AT - Retired @ 184,001 mi

For Pony!
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '19 4RUNNER TRD ORP

Post by AHTOXA »

I actually track my daily steps, too.

My week day average is 10k daily steps. Yesterday I was at 10353 steps for a distance of 5.56 miles with 584 calories consumed. Weekend average goes up to about 16k steps. I'm dorky like that and I love statistics...
'19 Toyota 4Runner TRD ORP
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
Squint
Master Standardshifter

Post by Squint »

AHTOXA wrote:I actually track my daily steps, too.

My week day average is 10k daily steps. Yesterday I was at 10353 steps for a distance of 5.56 miles with 584 calories consumed. Weekend average goes up to about 16k steps. I'm dorky like that and I love statistics...
I got a Fitbit Zip at a discount through work so I used it for a little while. It was... okay. I bike every weekday and it is terrible about tracking that, so it wasn't really tracking my activity so I kind of stopped.

I did find it interesting to track how much I ran when I played soccer on different days.

For Pony!
wannabe
Master Standardshifter
Cars: NONE - take the bus

Post by wannabe »

Squint wrote:
tankinbeans wrote:
I mean, technically we need to measure those 4000 steps in regards to calories of food intake since that is the energy the body uses...

Or, wannabe could come up with a ratio of steps per number of individuals who should never be allowed to drive again that she has to talk with on the phone. :lol:
water? I drink 3-4 of THESE a day, each are like 20? oz of water. More if its hotter, less if its a non-work day, because then i forget to drink water/don't have dry mouth cuz i'm not talking all the time. Also ~1 cup of coffee a day.

Food? tbh don't eat much because food = $$. and peanut butter/honey on toast for breakfast, pasta/sauce and zucchini for dinner. lunch is crackers at work on break (like right now, nomming saltines)

drivers just need to realize it is probably cheaper (time = money) to buy a pair of jumper cables (since you're outside sears/walmart/meijer waiting for a jump) and jump yourself than wait 2-3-????? hours for a jump (the ????? was in the winter when we didn't know how long it would take cause bad winter. i think it ended up being 6 hours of waiting for the not-priority calls, depending on city.)
2003 Chrysler town and country

Crafting and stuff
wannabe
Master Standardshifter

Post by wannabe »

Squint wrote:
AHTOXA wrote:I actually track my daily steps, too.

I got a Fitbit Zip at a discount through work so I used it for a little while. It was... okay. I bike every weekday and it is terrible about tracking that, so it wasn't really tracking my activity so I kind of stopped.

I did find it interesting to track how much I ran when I played soccer on different days.
i just have an app called steps that tracks the steps i take. my sisters fitbit counts her knitting sometimes.

Crafting and stuff
theholycow
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '80 Buick LeSabre 4.1 5MT

Post by theholycow »

wannabe wrote: drivers just need to realize it is probably cheaper (time = money) to buy a pair of jumper cables (since you're outside sears/walmart/meijer waiting for a jump) and jump yourself than wait 2-3-????? hours for a jump (the ????? was in the winter when we didn't know how long it would take cause bad winter. i think it ended up being 6 hours of waiting for the not-priority calls, depending on city.)
Yeahbut, then you're not making use of the service you pay for!

I only call if I need a tow...though I can imagine calling for a tire change when I'm injured, sick, in very nice clothes, in a dangerous spot (though generally I'll limp on a flat tire to a safe spot instead), or when it's ridiculously cold out. Definitely not calling for a jump, why wait hours for that crap?
1980 Buick LeSabre 4.1L 5MT

Put your car in your sig!

Learn to launch/FAQs/lugging/misused terms: meta-sig
watkins wrote:Humans have rear-biased AWD. Cows have 4WD
wannabe
Master Standardshifter

Post by wannabe »

theholycow wrote:
wannabe wrote: drivers just need to realize it is probably cheaper (time = money) to buy a pair of jumper cables (since you're outside sears/walmart/meijer waiting for a jump) and jump yourself than wait 2-3-????? hours for a jump (the ????? was in the winter when we didn't know how long it would take cause bad winter. i think it ended up being 6 hours of waiting for the not-priority calls, depending on city.)
Yeahbut, then you're not making use of the service you pay for!

I only call if I need a tow...though I can imagine calling for a tire change when I'm injured, sick, in very nice clothes, in a dangerous spot (though generally I'll limp on a flat tire to a safe spot instead), or when it's ridiculously cold out. Definitely not calling for a jump, why wait hours for that crap?
i don't actually know. unless they want the test of batt/alt/starter and new battery. thats the only reason i can find to wait.

and yeah, tire changes are messy/dirty/hard (depending on the person) so i understand calling for one of those (but then you get the teen/20somethings who call for one because they 'don't know how' and then i just groan on the inside. I know how to change one. I cannot physically do it anymore, but i can/could walk someone through the steps if needed).

Crafting and stuff
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter

Post by tankinbeans »

Tire changes...several years ago I wanged into a curb because it was icy and had to change my tire. I wasn't losing pressure but nicked my alloy. Waited until I was leaving work that day to change it. My co-workers were shocked that I can change a tire and didn't call somebody. I wasn't sure if I should laugh or be offended.

Even have a friend who gives "pointers" when I'm doing it, though he's seen me change them several times.

Step 1: Get jacking equipment and tire from boot
Step 2: Break lugs on bunged up tire
Step 3: Jack up car (assuming you know where the jacking points are)
Step 4: Finish removing lugs
Step 5: Remove bunged tire
Step 6: Install spare tire
Step 7: Install lugs, tightening in an opposing pattern
Step 8: Put car back down
Step 9: Double check tightness of lugs
Step 10: Put shirt back in boot
Step 11: Drive away and have tire repaired

Is that seriously hard for people? I changed my dad's tire numerous times before I learned to drive.
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
InlinePaul wrote:The driving force of new fangled features to sell more cars [is to] cater to the masses' abject laziness!
IMBoring25

Post by IMBoring25 »

If you're wearing an undershirt you can put your shirt back in the "boot" first and keep your nice shirt nice.

Oh, wait...That didn't originally say shirt, did it? :)
theholycow
Master Standardshifter

Post by theholycow »

wannabe wrote:i don't actually know. unless they want the test of batt/alt/starter and new battery. thats the only reason i can find to wait.
That's also not worth the wait. Parts store will do that for free and you probably won't have to wait more than 5 minutes unless they're swamped.

Squint
Master Standardshifter

Post by Squint »

Mazda 3: 5,8xx
Fiesta: 48,xxx closing in on 49,000, I think.

For Pony!
wannabe
Master Standardshifter

Post by wannabe »

tankinbeans wrote:Tire changes...several years ago I wanged into a curb because it was icy and had to change my tire. I wasn't losing pressure but nicked my alloy. Waited until I was leaving work that day to change it. My co-workers were shocked that I can change a tire and didn't call somebody. I wasn't sure if I should laugh or be offended.

Even have a friend who gives "pointers" when I'm doing it, though he's seen me change them several times.

Step 1: Get jacking equipment and tire from boot
Step 2: Break lugs on bunged up tire
Step 3: Jack up car (assuming you know where the jacking points are)
Step 4: Finish removing lugs
Step 5: Remove bunged tire
Step 6: Install spare tire
Step 7: Install lugs, tightening in an opposing pattern
Step 8: Put car back down
Step 9: Double check tightness of lugs
Step 10: Put shirt back in boot
Step 11: Drive away and have tire repaired

Is that seriously hard for people? I changed my dad's tire numerous times before I learned to drive.
very hard! Some cars don't come with the 4 ways, or a working jack (which would be members fault) or the lugs are rusted on (hello, road salt) or air-wrenched on so tight that humans cannot get off. plus you need to know to tighten lugs in a star pattern, so that it doesn't fall off or something.

which wheels do. they fall off. not sure how.

Crafting and stuff
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter

Post by tankinbeans »

Okay...best case senario then...
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
theholycow
Master Standardshifter

Post by theholycow »

The star pattern is a good practice but generally unnecessary for wheels. As long as you go around and check every nut twice after you finish tightening them you'll be fine. Besides, if you've put on the donut then you're probably not driving far before you get to a professional who will fix the tire and air wrench it on so tight that humans can't remove it.

I have a set of aluminum wheels that always loosen after I mount them. I have to carry a torque wrench for 1000 miles after putting them on. In practice I just keep the torque wrench in the car all the time.