Official 4th annual Standardshift meet announcement.

Off-topic posts, quotes of the day and anything else you just would like to vent to the world. PG-13 or below PLEASE!
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '19 4RUNNER TRD ORP

Official 4th annual Standardshift meet announcement.

Post by AHTOXA »

We are proud to say that the 4th annual Standardshift meet is coming up. I regret that Standardshift is so spread out that there is no way we can include everyone and have it close enough that all can get to it, however we try to do our best based on people expressing their interest. Over the last 3 years, there was a lot of fun that was had, good people were met and good time was had (along with good food). We encourage anyone and everyone to come out and meet us and spend some time with us and get to know people from Standardshift that share a passion for driving and manual transmission vehicles. Please keep in mind that this is simply a gathering of friends to get away from the bustle of every day lives. This is not a formally organized car meet/event. Once again, I will reiterate myself and state that we encourage everyone and anyone to come out and hang out with us for a while.

Once again, this year the meet will be held in Parsons, WV. Please see the link below to the campground where we will stay. This is a privately-owned property, there is plenty of space for us and we are always on our own with no fellow campers nearby to interfere.

http://www.fiverivercampground.com/

When
We are planning for the meet to take place during the week of 5th through 11th of June. Members will begin arriving early in the week. Our primary festivity days will be Friday and Saturday of that week. I will be heading down there early, potentially leaving on Sunday morning and arriving Sunday late afternoon. If you want to come out early - please feel free.

Activities
There are a number of activities that we will be involved in while camping. There is plenty of hiking and exploring to do, some will be mountain biking. There are caves to explore, waterfalls to visit, a racetrack that we can attend on Friday or Saturday and a lot of miles of beautiful roads that we like to drive and explore as well. I don't believe that anyone that has attended has ever been disappointed.

Come one and come all. It will be a great time once again this year. Hopefully this time around my rear diff doesn't go clicking like it did back then, preventing me from tearing up the roads. :lol:
'19 Toyota 4Runner TRD ORP
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter

Re: Official 4th annual Standardshift meet announcement.

Post by AHTOXA »

Post up if you are attending, please, and let us know when you attend to arrive, how many people you will have with you, etc.
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
wannabe
Master Standardshifter
Cars: NONE - take the bus

Post by wannabe »

attending. 2 people, me and TJ/Drew.

now...to work on me getting a job so he doesn't have to fund the whole thing :P
2003 Chrysler town and country

Crafting and stuff
Jastreb
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2009 Mazda RX-8 R3, Blue

Post by Jastreb »

I'm gonna say I'm attending, but tentatively. A lot is up in the air in my life right now. So I have every intention of making it, with or without the RX-8, but we'll see what circumstances I'm dealing with come May.
2009 Mazda RX-8 R3
watkins
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Saab 9-5 Aero wagon

Post by watkins »

RX-8!!! I love that thing.
padauk_dust
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '88 Accord, '96 VFR

Post by padauk_dust »

I have officially blocked out 2 weeks in my calendar. They are now reserved for cruising across the continent on the red VFR, meeting up with all of you lovely folks, consuming great amounts of food and drink, and returning home - all at a leisurely pace.

I plan on leaving June 2nd from here.
That'll probably get me there on Sun/Mon/Tues depending on fatigue level.

It's official, looking forward to it!
'88 Accord DX
'96 VFR750
wannabe
Master Standardshifter
Cars: NONE - take the bus

Post by wannabe »

padauk_dust wrote:I have officially blocked out 2 weeks in my calendar. They are now reserved for cruising across the continent on the red VFR, meeting up with all of you lovely folks, consuming great amounts of food and drink, and returning home - all at a leisurely pace.

omg!!!!
2003 Chrysler town and country

Crafting and stuff
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter

Post by AHTOXA »

Great to hear, man!
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
watkins
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Saab 9-5 Aero wagon

Post by watkins »

WOOHOO!
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter

Post by AHTOXA »

Come on texans! How about a road trip?
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
Chris H.

Post by Chris H. »

I iz in New Mexico. I'm trying to buy a car (even if it is a slushie…I hear Alfa is bringing his auto land yacht). Hopefully it'll withstand a cross-country road trip…maybe. If I can afford it.
ElectroGhandi
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 1994 Isuzu Rodeo V6

Post by ElectroGhandi »

Does Alfa even drive his GTV anymore?
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

Tentatively planning on coming down monday and staying til sunday. plan on going alone again but that could change. any of you interested in taking a day trip to morgantown or somewhere?? definitely want to hit up the caverns and other eastern areas we missed last year. maybe we can be in a parade again... :D :lol: 8) :mrgreen:
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

padauk_dust wrote:I have officially blocked out 2 weeks in my calendar. They are now reserved for cruising across the continent on the red VFR, meeting up with all of you lovely folks, consuming great amounts of food and drink, and returning home - all at a leisurely pace.

EPIC WIN!!!!! :D :mrgreen: :twisted:
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
DarkPilot
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2014 Focus ST 6 Spd Manua

Post by DarkPilot »

I am going to go ahead and say that I am tentative right now. Need to secure time off work, funds for travel, funds for car repairs and funds to pay the taxes I owe.

Okay I'll admit, the forces are near overwhelmingly against me getting there this year but Dat Gummit I am going to try. Need to bring my quota of fail down to the meet :lol:
Project Brick Shithouse: Phase I RIP, Scrapped 8/12/09
2003 VW Golf "Unit 2" 2008-2014.