Bicycling

Off-topic posts, quotes of the day and anything else you just would like to vent to the world. PG-13 or below PLEASE!
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '19 4RUNNER TRD ORP

Re: Bicycling

Post by AHTOXA »

bk7794 wrote:Now that is good advice. I never thought of that. I probably should stop goofing around with the brakes. I just never have had good brakes like this before. So its so intriguing. I still want to get a good front tire. The one that I had on there was too soft.

http://www.amazon.com/Kenda-Signature-N ... da+nevegal How are those (recommended) for the fronts?
Those are the ones that I'm talking about.
'19 Toyota 4Runner TRD ORP
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
theholycow
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '80 Buick LeSabre 4.1 5MT

Post by theholycow »

IMO those are too aggressive for mostly pavement riding with minor amounts of groomed pedestrian trail. I think something with a center line and knobs placed/shaped for smooth low rolling resistance would be most appropriate. As I posted earlier (hidden as a link in my text):
http://i.istockimg.com/file_thumbview_a ... d-nubs.jpg
1980 Buick LeSabre 4.1L 5MT

Put your car in your sig!

Learn to launch/FAQs/lugging/misused terms: meta-sig
watkins wrote:Humans have rear-biased AWD. Cows have 4WD
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter

Post by AHTOXA »

I'm nudging him into more progressive mountain biking. Do NOT fail my plan, grasshopper.
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
theholycow
Master Standardshifter

Post by theholycow »

Honestly the one I posted is actually quite decent on the front for more progressive mountain biking. You wouldn't expect it to be, but it is.

bk7794
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 00 Civic (Stock)

Post by bk7794 »

So I went trail riding today with a buddy of mine. Bike worked great. I rode down some big hills and did that control braking by leaning my body behind the saddle and it worked great. I really felt in control. I can tell a big difference compared to that cheapo bike from target.
2004 Honda Accord 2.4 5 Speed
1989 Ford Taurus SHO 5 speed
theholycow
Master Standardshifter

Post by theholycow »

AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter

Post by AHTOXA »

Bringing this thread from the dead instead of spamming the misc thread.

I'm in dire need of a new chainring, chain and rear cassette, but hoping that I won't break nothing by neglecting it for a few more rides. Hoping to put in a good ride today and tomorrow and then getting the work done.

Supposed to meet a coworker later this afternoon at my LBS. He's ready to buy his first real entry level MTB after riding some local trails on his department store bike. He's been batty-eyed over the whole new-to-him concept of singletrack riding and won't shut up about a new bike at work. Hopefully this will end the banter and instead bring some trail rides. Maybe this way I'll actually post some action shots as I usually ride alone.
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter

Post by AHTOXA »

Took Jack with me on a trail ride today. While we've hiked plenty in the past, he's never been on a trail ride with me. Kept the pace a little slower and had to stop every 20 minutes or so to make sure he dips in the lake to prevent overheating (he overheats fast so I have to watch it). Did around 8 miles at a respectable clip. He's passed out tired now. Mission accomplished.
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
bk7794
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 00 Civic (Stock)

Post by bk7794 »

AHTOXA wrote:Took Jack with me on a trail ride today. While we've hiked plenty in the past, he's never been on a trail ride with me. Kept the pace a little slower and had to stop every 20 minutes or so to make sure he dips in the lake to prevent overheating (he overheats fast so I have to watch it). Did around 8 miles at a respectable clip. He's passed out tired now. Mission accomplished.
Your dog right?
2004 Honda Accord 2.4 5 Speed
1989 Ford Taurus SHO 5 speed
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Post by Rope-Pusher »

Took my bike out of the shed, pumped up the tires and went riding with the Scouts this weekend. Gotta do that more often...or less often!
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter

Post by AHTOXA »

bk7794 wrote:
AHTOXA wrote:Took Jack with me on a trail ride today. While we've hiked plenty in the past, he's never been on a trail ride with me. Kept the pace a little slower and had to stop every 20 minutes or so to make sure he dips in the lake to prevent overheating (he overheats fast so I have to watch it). Did around 8 miles at a respectable clip. He's passed out tired now. Mission accomplished.
Your dog right?
My ostritch, actually.

Yes - my dog. :lol:
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650