I'm Wiped!

Off-topic posts, quotes of the day and anything else you just would like to vent to the world. PG-13 or below PLEASE!
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

I'm Wiped!

Post by Rope-Pusher »

http://www.designnews.com/author.asp?se ... -+DN+Daily

With the increasing demand for recycled and refurbished electronics, and the growing phone-selling market online, a need for safeguarding one’s private data has become an important issue in a progressively computerized world. In other words, beware of the data-scouring fiends that patiently await your recycled smartphones.

“Identity theft is not a joke, Jim. Millions of families suffer every year,” Dwight Schrute exclaims to Jim Halpert after Jim shows up to work wearing the exact same outfit as Dwight -- a classic reference from The Office. It is true; it does happen to millions of people every year. With the incredible amounts of data being stored on smartphones that are capable of just about anything nowadays, large amounts of personal data may be at risk if not taken care of properly.

So how do we avoid this problem? BlackBelt Defence seems to have a grip on things with its recently introduced DataWipe software algorithm that claims to securely erase data on all memory chips including solid-state drives and Flash memory.
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
six
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2015 Chevrolet SS 6MT

Re: I'm Wiped!

Post by six »

This is exactly why I keep all of my old phones.
2015 Heron White Chevrolet SS Sedan 6MT
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Re: I'm Wiped!

Post by Rope-Pusher »

six wrote:This is exactly why I keep all of my old phones.
So you can spy on yourself?
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"