Economickally Speakin'...

Off-topic posts, quotes of the day and anything else you just would like to vent to the world. PG-13 or below PLEASE!
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Economickally Speakin'...

Post by Rope-Pusher »

Do Diesel Cars And Trucks Save You Money? Not Always

High resale value associated with some brands seems to be the determining factor as to whether a diesel model can save money over a gas model within 5 years after purchase.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/matthewdepa ... u-money/2/
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
theholycow
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '80 Buick LeSabre 4.1 5MT

Re: Economickally Speakin'...

Post by theholycow »

What if you drive it until it has turned to dust and isn't even worth scrap value?
1980 Buick LeSabre 4.1L 5MT

Put your car in your sig!

Learn to launch/FAQs/lugging/misused terms: meta-sig
watkins wrote:Humans have rear-biased AWD. Cows have 4WD
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 17 Mazda6 To, 18 Mazda3 i

Post by tankinbeans »

I've never been interested and have not done the research to see if one would work for me in any way.

I've seen the old, badly engineered GMs belching smoke down the road and being incredibly loud and smelly though.
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
InlinePaul wrote:The driving force of new fangled features to sell more cars [is to] cater to the masses' abject laziness!
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Post by Rope-Pusher »

For the moat spart, cost of ownership goes down the longer you ride the depreciation curve. That being the KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKs, diesels R mower likely to save money over a gas engine FNU key pem until the wheels fall off. Saem goes 4 lectrics anne hibreads. Phunny part is, moats folks will dew NE thing to save money cept wholed on 2 their car until it reaches a ripe ole H.
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
Bill B
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Bill B »

The old 80's GM cars. Anyone remember the diesel Chevette. There is actually a website dedicated to them. http://www.dieselchevette.com/ I had a 1978 gas powered Chevette. The clutch was one of the many weak links in this vehicle. If you got 40,000 miles out of it, then you were a magician. One of the nice things about this hatchback, was that it had a lot of cargo room with the rear seat folded. I used to carry my bicycle in the back with no space problem. Went through a couple of water pumps and the transmission was not far from your right leg on the gas pedal, so it got a little warm on a long drive.

tankinbeans wrote:I've never been interested and have not done the research to see if one would work for me in any way.

I've seen the old, badly engineered GMs belching smoke down the road and being incredibly loud and smelly though.
Bill Berckman
West Chester, Ohio
2007 Honda Element EX AWD 5 Speed MT