Mustache

Off-topic posts, quotes of the day and anything else you just would like to vent to the world. PG-13 or below PLEASE!
Shadow
Master Standardshifter

Re: Mustache

Post by Shadow »

Rope-Pusher wrote: If the subject doesn't interest you, don't click on it.

Nobody's putting they're gum two you're head.
More often than not, I don't click on your threads for just that reason.....but thanks for helping me to prove my point. If I don't know what the subject is, then how would I know if it interests me or not? Your thread titles rarely give us any clue about the true subject of your thread....and if it does, it's usually some stupid play on words that you use to amuse yourself with your (almost) wit.

Case in point:

Here are a few of your most recent thread topics:

1. Mustache
2. Wet Dream
3. Odd Job(s)
4. Starter Died

Of course that last title would most likely lead one to believe that the starter on your vehicle died, but that's obviously not what the topic of your thread was about.
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Post by Rope-Pusher »

Shadow wrote:
Rope-Pusher wrote: If the subject doesn't interest you, don't click on it.

Nobody's putting they're gum two you're head.
More often than not, I don't click on your threads for just that reason.....but thanks for helping me to prove my point. If I don't know what the subject is, then how would I know if it interests me or not? Your thread titles rarely give us any clue about the true subject of your thread....and if it does, it's usually some stupid play on words that you use to amuse yourself with your (almost) wit.

Case in point:

Here are a few of your most recent thread topics:

1. Mustache
2. Wet Dream
3. Odd Job(s)
4. Starter Died

Of course that last title would most likely lead one to believe that the starter on your vehicle died, but that's obviously not what the topic of your thread was about.
How about if it shows that I am the poster you don't read it. That way you'll never be disappointed.
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
Shadow
Master Standardshifter

Post by Shadow »

Rope-Pusher wrote: How about if it shows that I am the poster you don't read it. That way you'll never be disappointed.

Yup, you pretty much nailed it....the only thing is that "never" is an absolute word. I don't want to say that I'll "never" do (or not do) anything in particular. But I digress....my comment was based on basic forum etiquette and meant nothing more than that really. You're obviously free to create as many ridiculous thread titles as you want. I was just suggesting that you make them more pertinent to your actual subject. I can see that's a lost cause though.... :roll:
ClutchFork
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2008 Fusion 2.3L manual

Post by ClutchFork »

I would only say that if you really want to discuss auto garages /shops, an appropriate title will get more responses. Many probably passed this thread up out of assumed disinterest.
Stick shiftin since '77
theholycow wrote:Why in the world would you even want to be as smooth as an automatic? Might as well just drive an automatic...
Shadow
Master Standardshifter

Post by Shadow »

InlinePaul wrote:I would only say that if you really want to discuss auto garages /shops, an appropriate title will get more responses. Many probably passed this thread up out of assumed disinterest.
Just as an aside, this is by far the best forum about anything and everything related to garages & tools:

www.garagejournal.com
ClutchFork
Master Standardshifter

Post by ClutchFork »

I just went to the listing of unanswered posts and out of the first 50 unanswered posts, 37 were by Rope-Pusher. What does this mean? :D
Stick shiftin since '77
theholycow wrote:Why in the world would you even want to be as smooth as an automatic? Might as well just drive an automatic...
Shadow
Master Standardshifter

Post by Shadow »

InlinePaul wrote:I just went to the listing of unanswered posts and out of the first 50 unanswered posts, 37 were by Rope-Pusher. What does this mean? :D
I guess he's the king of random posts that nobody reads (or at least responds).

I'll admit that most of his threads that I've actually read have been somewhat interesting. It's just too bad that the thread titles usually make me want to skip over them entirely. That was the whole point that I was trying to make from the beginning....
six
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2015 Chevrolet SS 6MT

Post by six »

Usually, if I encounter a weird title, I glance over to see if it's from Rope. If it is, I click it, at least once, to see what it's about.
2015 Heron White Chevrolet SS Sedan 6MT
Squint
Master Standardshifter

Post by Squint »

InlinePaul wrote:I just went to the listing of unanswered posts and out of the first 50 unanswered posts, 37 were by Rope-Pusher. What does this mean? :D
It means he posts a lot of news that I wouldn't find unless he posts them. They aren't necessarily things to comment on, but I at least read the summary of every Rope post, even if I don't read the article. (sometimes, just to see if I can decipher the Rope-speech attached :lol: :lol: )
'15 Mazda 3 iSport Hatch 6MT
'11 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 5MT
'14 Giant Escape City 24MT
'97 Honda Civic EX 4AT - Retired @ 184,001 mi

For Pony!
ClutchFork
Master Standardshifter

Post by ClutchFork »

Squint wrote:
It means he posts a lot of news that I wouldn't find unless he posts them. They aren't necessarily things to comment on, but I at least read the summary of every Rope post, even if I don't read the article. (sometimes, just to see if I can decipher the Rope-speech attached :lol: :lol: )
He sure comes up with clever and/or cryptic stuff (sometimes quite fascinating) and bizarre imagery!
Stick shiftin since '77