Monsieur Target?

Off-topic posts, quotes of the day and anything else you just would like to vent to the world. PG-13 or below PLEASE!
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Monsieur Target?

Post by Rope-Pusher »

NOT THEIR CUP OF CAFE
According to preliminary data from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, the auto industry will meet CO2 emission targets for the 2012 model year. But some OEMs missed their targets and face fines from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. Daimler, BMW, Chrysler, Fiat, Jaguar Land Rover, Porsche and Volvo all missed their Corporate Average Fuel Economy or CAFE targets last year. In 2011, automakers were fined over $25 million for not hitting their CAFE numbers.

http://wardsauto.com/vehicles-amp-techn ... ents-track
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 17 Mazda6 To, 18 Mazda3 i

Re: Monsieur Target?

Post by tankinbeans »

What exactly are advanced air-conditioning systems? Do I no longer have to feel guilty about using the A/C because I'm a wimp when it comes to heat? Not that I ever felt guilty to begin with.
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
InlinePaul wrote:The driving force of new fangled features to sell more cars [is to] cater to the masses' abject laziness!
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Post by Rope-Pusher »

tankinbeans wrote:What exactly are advanced air-conditioning systems?
HFO-1234yf is being adopted by automakers in part to meet the European Union's MAC Directive, which aims to reduce the greenhouse gas emissions of air-conditioning systems in passenger cars and light commercial vehicles. The directive requires that refrigerants in all new type vehicles sold in Europe after Jan. 1, 2013, have a global-warming potential (GWP) below 150 and that all cars sold after 2017 meet the lower GWP requirement. HFO-1234yf has a GWP of 4, compared with the current refrigerant, HFC-134a, which has a GWP of 1,430.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases ... 96541.html
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
watkins
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Saab 9-5 Aero wagon

Post by watkins »

Mercedes has already recalled some of their systems with R-1234yf.

Because it explodes.

As someone with an automotive A/C license (yes, you need one) I am not a fan of the explosion thing.
theholycow
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '80 Buick LeSabre 4.1 5MT

Post by theholycow »

Not good enough to keep bottled up in a car where it may leak, and yet you can buy cans of R-134a/HFC-134a with nozzles for blowing dust out of your computer. Image
http://www.amazon.com/Techspray-1671-10 ... sbs_misc_2
1980 Buick LeSabre 4.1L 5MT

Put your car in your sig!

Learn to launch/FAQs/lugging/misused terms: meta-sig
watkins wrote:Humans have rear-biased AWD. Cows have 4WD