Not your Mom's Minivan

Off-topic posts, quotes of the day and anything else you just would like to vent to the world. PG-13 or below PLEASE!
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Not your Mom's Minivan

Post by Rope-Pusher »

The "one box" (or minivan) configuration was presented by Bertone, Ghia and Italdesign as the future of everything from a limousine to a 12-cylinder supercar.

The most exciting of the bunch? The Bertone Genesis. The design exercise was based on the Lamborghini Countach, complete with 500-hp V12 engine and massive tires.

Read more: http://www.autoweek.com/article/2013050 ... z2SkwoMrjD
Follow us: @AutoweekUSA on Twitter | AutoweekUSA on Facebook
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Re: Not your Mom's Minivan

Post by potownrob »

ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 17 Mazda6 To, 18 Mazda3 i

Post by tankinbeans »

That looks like it's got Soul. I like the idea though, but have to question the use of an electric motor for a taxi.
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
InlinePaul wrote:The driving force of new fangled features to sell more cars [is to] cater to the masses' abject laziness!
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

tankinbeans wrote: That looks like it's got Soul. I like the idea though, but have to question the use of an electric motor for a taxi.
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter

Post by tankinbeans »

As a heart attack. Wouldn't an electric motor constantly discharge and not last very long? I didn't understand some of the article, but think I picked up the gist. However, I didn't find where they were talking about the inherent limitations of electric motors.
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
InlinePaul wrote:The driving force of new fangled features to sell more cars [is to] cater to the masses' abject laziness!
theholycow
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '80 Buick LeSabre 4.1 5MT

Post by theholycow »

Electric motors are used for regenerative braking. When you brake, the motor acts as a generator, recharging the batteries. That's why electric cars are efficient (and a major part of why hybrids are too), especially for stop-and-go driving...which is exactly the sort of driving a taxi does.
1980 Buick LeSabre 4.1L 5MT

Put your car in your sig!

Learn to launch/FAQs/lugging/misused terms: meta-sig
watkins wrote:Humans have rear-biased AWD. Cows have 4WD
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter

Post by tankinbeans »

theholycow wrote:Electric motors are used for regenerative braking. When you brake, the motor acts as a generator, recharging the batteries. That's why electric cars are efficient (and a major part of why hybrids are too), especially for stop-and-go driving...which is exactly the sort of driving a taxi does.
Shows how dumb I am. That makes sense.
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport