NJ cracking down on left lane idiots

Off-topic posts, quotes of the day and anything else you just would like to vent to the world. PG-13 or below PLEASE!
six
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2015 Chevrolet SS 6MT

Re: NJ cracking down on left lane idiots

Post by six »

InlinePaul wrote:Even if he is ahead of traffic when he does his sweep, one lane at a time is safer, so he can better evaluate the traffic one lane at a time and avoid suprises in his blind spot or from faster moving drivers that may come out from being blocked from view by a larger vehicle.
That's way too much logic and common sense for the laydriver to comprehend, let alone follow. :lol:
2015 Heron White Chevrolet SS Sedan 6MT
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

arent you supposed to signal for ~100-200 yards before moving into the next lane and move one lane at a time?? :? :shock: :lol:
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 17 Mazda6 To, 18 Mazda3 i

Post by tankinbeans »

potownrob wrote:arent you supposed to signal for ~100-200 yards before moving into the next lane and move one lane at a time?? :? :shock: :lol:
I thought it was a mile and a quarter.
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
InlinePaul wrote:The driving force of new fangled features to sell more cars [is to] cater to the masses' abject laziness!
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

tankinbeans wrote:
potownrob wrote:arent you supposed to signal for ~100-200 yards before moving into the next lane and move one lane at a time?? :? :shock: :lol:
maybe in meeeeeeenasoooooooooootah... :lol:
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 17 Mazda6 To, 18 Mazda3 i

Post by tankinbeans »

potownrob wrote:
tankinbeans wrote:
maybe in meeeeeeenasoooooooooootah... :lol:
Probably.

We have a name for that signal. It's the dumb guy light.
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
InlinePaul wrote:The driving force of new fangled features to sell more cars [is to] cater to the masses' abject laziness!
SonicHKS
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2012 Chevy Sonic Turbo

Post by SonicHKS »

If every state and municipal government enforced this as well as speed limits like 1/2 of traffic would be resolved :roll:
rml605
Senior Standardshifter

Post by rml605 »

I live in NJ and it's amazing to see the amount of unawared people on the road cruising in the left lane. It really is the cause for so much traffic here. Drive in NY and you'll have a guy literally 1cm off your bumper tailing you if you're cruising in the left.
Shadow
Master Standardshifter

Post by Shadow »

rml605 wrote:I live in NJ and it's amazing to see the amount of unawared people on the road cruising in the left lane. It really is the cause for so much traffic here. Drive in NY and you'll have a guy literally 1cm off your bumper tailing you if you're cruising in the left.
Just today there was a guy in a Toyota Corolla cruising at about 60 mph in the left lane with a Chevy Trailblazer tailgating him, followed by about four or five other cars directly behind the Trailblazer. I was in the right lane doing about 70 (speed limit was 65), so I was gaining on them. Well, I ended up passing the entire line of cars, including the Corolla while I was in the right lane and then I switch into the left lane because there was even slower moving traffic ahead in the right lane. Keep in mind I did this with the cruise control on and never accelerated or decelerated. Well, the jackhole in the Chevy Trailblazer apparently got pissed that I got in front of the guy in the Corolla, so he swerved around and got so close to my ass that I couldn't even see the front end of his car in my rearview mirror. He was seriously close to me. I really don't know why he didn't pass the Corolla in the first place instead of just tailgating the guy. Maybe he was trying to teach the guy a lesson? I dunno....but it was funny that he then took his rage out on me by driving so close to my rear bumper. He got so close at one point that he literally stomped his brakes hard. I watched his hood dip down. I was so tempted to tap my brakes when he was on my ass, but I figured the guy was a loose cannon and that might just push him over the edge. The whole time I was in the left lane was maybe for a half mile at most, and the right lane was completely clogged up with cars at that point, so moving over for the guy really wasn't an option.
six
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2015 Chevrolet SS 6MT

Post by six »

Maybe he was a guy that really hates people passing on the right. He's like, "Look at this mofo, thinking he's all dat passing everyone on the right!" Made him so mad, he broke his own principles to come tailgate you.
2015 Heron White Chevrolet SS Sedan 6MT
Shadow
Master Standardshifter

Post by Shadow »

six wrote:Maybe he was a guy that really hates people passing on the right. He's like, "Look at this mofo, thinking he's all dat passing everyone on the right!" Made him so mad, he broke his own principles to come tailgate you.
Yeah, I hate passing on the right myself. But when there's an idiot clogging the left lane and I pass him with my cruise control on, then I think it's just one of those situations. I mean, it's not like I"m going to slow down and not pass someone who just happens to be cruising in the left lane when I'm cruising at like 5 mph over the posted speed limit in the right lane. Still though, I don't like passing on the right. That's the situation I find myself in every so often just because of the left lane morons.