Do you use a locking gas cap?

Off-topic posts, quotes of the day and anything else you just would like to vent to the world. PG-13 or below PLEASE!

Do you use a locking gas cap?

1. Yes (locking cap or fuel door with interior release)
50%
2. No
50%

Total votes: 10

potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Re: Do you use a locking gas cap?

Post by potownrob »

InlinePaul wrote:I always get a locking gas cap, except for the one car that had an interior latch for the filler door. The reason I get a locking cap is not to prevent theft so much (they often drill a hole in the bottom of the tank anyway--easier than syphoning) but as a deterent from the random act of vandalism, so nobody puts sugar or some other bad stuff in it. It's also nice having interior hood latches because it makes it harder for someone to steal your battery and deters the vandal from dumping a handfull of sand in the oil filler. No I am not paranoid, but these are simple measures that can't hurt and may help.
dude, what century are you from?? i got a locking gas cap for the maxima after seeing some movie where someone blew up a jaguar from the gas tank. it also deters people from stealing your gasses. sure, anyone can steal your gas or blow up your car if they have the time, but this will make it harder and take more time.
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

tankinbeans wrote:I have the capless filler neck in Clifford. Works dandy too.
DAS IST HIER VERBOTEN!!!! :o :shock:
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 17 Mazda6 To, 18 Mazda3 i

Post by tankinbeans »

potownrob wrote:
tankinbeans wrote:I have the capless filler neck in Clifford. Works dandy too.
DAS IST HIER VERBOTEN!!!! :o :shock:
Warum ist es hier verboten?
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
InlinePaul wrote:The driving force of new fangled features to sell more cars [is to] cater to the masses' abject laziness!
ClutchFork
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2008 Fusion 2.3L manual

Post by ClutchFork »

potownrob wrote:dude, what century are you from?? i got a locking gas cap for the maxima after seeing some movie where someone blew up a jaguar from the gas tank. it also deters people from stealing your gasses. sure, anyone can steal your gas or blow up your car if they have the time, but this will make it harder and take more time.
That reminds me. Back in the 1970s it was not uncommon to see cars where the guy had lost the gas cap, driving along with a rag sticking out of the filler hole. Presumably to keep dirt out of the tank.
Stick shiftin since '77
theholycow wrote:Why in the world would you even want to be as smooth as an automatic? Might as well just drive an automatic...
noob5,000,000
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 1986 Mazda RX-7 x2

Post by noob5,000,000 »

The FC has an interior lever, the door can't be popped open from the outside. My dad's Focus, which I've been driving while the FCs are down, has a door which you just pull open from the outside and a non-locking cap.
1986 Mazda RX-7 sport - slowly returning to the Earth
1986 Mazda RX-7 base - Project car, ???, In pieces, turbo parts around.
Squint
Master Standardshifter

Post by Squint »

I don't know what to vote...

The Fiesta (like most new Fords) has a capless fuel system. It doesn't have an interior latch either.

But the Civic has an interior latch. WAT DO??
'15 Mazda 3 iSport Hatch 6MT
'11 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 5MT
'14 Giant Escape City 24MT
'97 Honda Civic EX 4AT - Retired @ 184,001 mi

For Pony!
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 17 Mazda6 To, 18 Mazda3 i

Post by tankinbeans »

Squint wrote:I don't know what to vote...

The Fiesta (like most new Fords) has a capless fuel system. It doesn't have an interior latch either.

But the Civic has an interior latch. WAT DO??
On these types of forums, I always go with the DD. I'll always answer with what Clifford has, and include Olie's particulars as an aside in a post. :)

I'm really growing to love the fuel filler in Clifford. I don't have to spend extra time preparing the area to pump gas. I used to open the door, take the cap out, then deal with the pump. Now, I just pump and go. It's nice.
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
InlinePaul wrote:The driving force of new fangled features to sell more cars [is to] cater to the masses' abject laziness!
SonicHKS
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2012 Chevy Sonic Turbo

Post by SonicHKS »

I don't have any angry ex's or anything....so no reason to have a locking cap :twisted: . Car's also in the garage a lot of the time anyway.