Floormat Creep--What to do?

Off-topic posts, quotes of the day and anything else you just would like to vent to the world. PG-13 or below PLEASE!
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Re: Floormat Creep--What to do?

Post by potownrob »

wannabe wrote:i don't use my floor mats. solved!
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
ClutchFork
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2008 Fusion 2.3L manual

Post by ClutchFork »

I like the idea of not using floor mats but eventually the factory flooring will wear through. But then I guess I could at that time glue a patch over it. Yet, the floor mats may be more necessary in Michigan as they soak up some of the snow that melts off of your shoes.
Stick shiftin since '77
theholycow wrote:Why in the world would you even want to be as smooth as an automatic? Might as well just drive an automatic...
theholycow
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '80 Buick LeSabre 4.1 5MT

Post by theholycow »

^wannabe is from Michigan.

I used to like carpet mats but I've switched to rubber. Rubber mats actually feel soft under my feet, while carpet mats promise softness but don't deliver. I can clean rubber mats very quickly, while it's impossible to remove the grit and dust from carpet mats. Carpet mats do indeed absorb the snow, but then they get soggy and the water stays there forever...rubber mats don't get soggy, contain the water, and if the water doesn't evaporate fast enough I can dump it out by carefully picking up the mat or I can use a towel, and then it's ALL gone immediately. Can't completely dry a carpet mat in under a minute like that.
1980 Buick LeSabre 4.1L 5MT

Put your car in your sig!

Learn to launch/FAQs/lugging/misused terms: meta-sig
watkins wrote:Humans have rear-biased AWD. Cows have 4WD