Do you drive with car seat farther back or more forward?

Off-topic posts, quotes of the day and anything else you just would like to vent to the world. PG-13 or below PLEASE!

Where to you have your seat? Fwd or Back?

1. I drive with my seat more forward.
55%
2. I drive with my seat more towards the back.
45%
3. I use a tape measure and get my seat exactly midway to the nearest cm.
No votes
4. My car is so old there is no seat adjustment (like a Model T).
No votes

Total votes: 11

ClutchFork
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2008 Fusion 2.3L manual

Re: Do you drive with car seat farther back or more forward?

Post by ClutchFork »

The Ranger is pretty small. I just checked the 1999 Plymouth Voyager minivan and it has
8.5 inches of seat travel. The seat was a little past middle, or about 4.75 inches from the
front. Too bad I just got rid of the 92 Aerostar (yesterday in fact) as it would have been
interesting to check that too. And I would love to have checked the '95 F150 but sold that
two years ago. Ah well, it is what it is.

Besides, one cannot compare between cars unless you go from back of the seat to the clutch
pedal, but even then there is a lot of margin for error. Depending on seat contour the back
of the seat measurement could have a couple inches of variation relative to the driver's hips.
How someone sits (slouched or all the way back), seat angle, etc. Then there is seat height
variations, how long the seat is front to back, etc.

This only begins to explain the complexities (This driver obviously driving an automatic):
Stick shiftin since '77
theholycow wrote:Why in the world would you even want to be as smooth as an automatic? Might as well just drive an automatic...