Slow highway merging

Off-topic posts, quotes of the day and anything else you just would like to vent to the world. PG-13 or below PLEASE!
Shadow
Master Standardshifter

Re: Slow highway merging

Post by Shadow »

tankinbeans wrote:Ish.
LOL...keep in mind that you enter this ramp hot because it's a highway-to-highway ramp. The speed limit on the GSP is 65, so most people coast down from there on the long straight portion. But then it just gets sharper and sharper. Like I said earlier, if you're not familiar with the ramp, it can catch you off guard. I've seen more than one person really jam on the brakes toward the sharpest part of the ramp. But I look at the bright side--it gives me three opportunities to nail perfect rev-matched downshifts.
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 17 Mazda6 To, 18 Mazda3 i

Re: Slow highway merging

Post by tankinbeans »

Always looking on the bright side, nice work! I'm working on that myself. For instance, since I've been working at the new job I've had to deal with rush hour in a construction zone. I've gotten REALLY good at no-gas launches and pulsing. I am getting to work on how much space I can leave before dicks butt in line.
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
InlinePaul wrote:The driving force of new fangled features to sell more cars [is to] cater to the masses' abject laziness!