Send this video to all your automatic driving friends!

Off-topic posts, quotes of the day and anything else you just would like to vent to the world. PG-13 or below PLEASE!
ClutchFork
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2008 Fusion 2.3L manual

Send this video to all your automatic driving friends!

Post by ClutchFork »

Stick shiftin since '77
theholycow wrote:Why in the world would you even want to be as smooth as an automatic? Might as well just drive an automatic...
Shadow
Master Standardshifter

Re: Send this video to all your automatic driving friends!

Post by Shadow »

That guy is clueless. He said a lot of things that were incorrect. He sounds like a typical salesman to me, talking with authority, but not knowing what he's talking about half the time.
ClutchFork
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2008 Fusion 2.3L manual

Post by ClutchFork »

Shadow wrote:That guy is clueless. He said a lot of things that were incorrect. He sounds like a typical salesman to me, talking with authority, but not knowing what he's talking about half the time.
I only wish he were the typical salesman. Most could not care less about manual transmissions unless it will put another buck in their pocket. Sure he is sometimes inaccurate, sometimes hyperbolic, sometimes absurd (and a poor public speaker too), but he is oriented in the right direction. A fair amount of truth to the statement about drivers being too distracted by technology, food, etc. to drive a stick.

I was only kidding about sending this to your automatic driving friends, and his presentation likely will bore them, but it would be great for them to get a guy like him on the lot, who will try to steer them to trying out a manual, instead of steering them to the fanciest and most convenience loaded blob SUV on the lot.
Stick shiftin since '77
theholycow wrote:Why in the world would you even want to be as smooth as an automatic? Might as well just drive an automatic...
MFan
Junior Standardshifter

Post by MFan »

InlinePaul wrote:
Shadow wrote:I was only kidding about sending this to your automatic driving friends, and his presentation likely will bore them, but it would be great for them to get a guy like him on the lot, who will try to steer them to trying out a manual, instead of steering them to the fanciest and most convenience loaded blob SUV on the lot.
Hey...some days, I like the convenience of driving my loaded blob SUV :lol:
2008 BMW MCoupe
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

i had hope at the very beginning of the video; that hope was quickly and thoroughly decimated. the presenter is boring, uninformed and doesn't know how to make a good argument.

i'm an automatic driver, and i do not endorse this video 8)
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.