How to get started as a valet?

Off-topic posts, quotes of the day and anything else you just would like to vent to the world. PG-13 or below PLEASE!
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '19 4RUNNER TRD ORP

Re: How to get started as a valet?

Post by AHTOXA »

Yeah, economy isn't that bad. It's a job that's got high turn over so finding it shouldn't be that much of an issue - certainly not 'impossible'. I wasn't going to start that conversation and was trying to stick to the topic of the thread and share my related experience.
'19 Toyota 4Runner TRD ORP
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
SonicHKS
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2012 Chevy Sonic Turbo

Post by SonicHKS »

Shadow wrote:This thread is funny. What's next, a thread asking how to get started as a cashier at McDonalds? LOL

Seriously though, is the economy/job market still that bad to the point of aspiring to be a valet?

In this economy, yes, you'd probably need advice just to land a job at McDonalds.

This thread is because I had heard that being a valet was a decent gig. It really isn't, and the comments here reflect that. It was just something I was wondering about.
Bill B
Senior Standardshifter

Post by Bill B »

I never thought about it, but wonder if if valet companies are required to be licensed as taxi companies are. Possibly you could get more tips getting a job as a limo driver.
Bill Berckman
West Chester, Ohio
2007 Honda Element EX AWD 5 Speed MT