Amazon free shipping

Off-topic posts, quotes of the day and anything else you just would like to vent to the world. PG-13 or below PLEASE!
ClutchDisc
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2009 Mazda 5 2.3L 5MT

Amazon free shipping

Post by ClutchDisc »

I don't know how many of you shop on amazon, but for your information they just increased the free shipping to orders over $35.
09 Mazda 5 2.3 5-speed manual 171k
11 Subaru Forester auto :( 113k
92 Ford Mustang LX 5.0 5-speed manual 151k
theholycow
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '80 Buick LeSabre 4.1 5MT

Re: Amazon free shipping

Post by theholycow »

I saw that yesterday on an item and thought it was just some kind of funny business with that item. The fact that it's for everything is a bummer.
1980 Buick LeSabre 4.1L 5MT

Put your car in your sig!

Learn to launch/FAQs/lugging/misused terms: meta-sig
watkins wrote:Humans have rear-biased AWD. Cows have 4WD
ClutchDisc
Senior Standardshifter

Post by ClutchDisc »

I'm wondering if maybe it's just up for the coming holiday season? I have a feeling that it's here to stay though.
ClutchFork
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2008 Fusion 2.3L manual

Post by ClutchFork »

I buy a fair amount of CDs off Amazon and a few months back they upped the shipping cost from $2.99 to $3.99. Recently I found a used CD I wanted, then went to Half.com and got the same CD used at about the same price for only $2.99 shipping. Guess Half will be getting more of my used CD purchase business in the future.

The other annoying thing is when they had free shipping for $25 orders, I would want something that was listed at $24.95 and so was stuck waiting or buying some useless cheap item just to make the last nickel.

On the positive side, I got $30 off my Amazon order for opening a Amazon credit card and can use the points to purchase off of Amazon. Additionally there have been several times I preordered something and the price went down before it was available and they lowered my price.
Stick shiftin since '77
theholycow wrote:Why in the world would you even want to be as smooth as an automatic? Might as well just drive an automatic...
six
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2015 Chevrolet SS 6MT

Post by six »

Amazon Prime :)

Free 2-day shipping for you and four other people. Split the cost and it's only $16 for each of you. Plus whoever is the primary Prime member (hehe) gets unlimited streaming of a bunch of TV shows and movies, and unlimited lending from the Kindle Library.
2015 Heron White Chevrolet SS Sedan 6MT
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '19 4RUNNER TRD ORP

Post by AHTOXA »

I was going to mention Amazon Prime.

On a side note, I've not bought a CD in over 5 years at the minimum. probably closer to 10.
'19 Toyota 4Runner TRD ORP
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
theholycow
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '80 Buick LeSabre 4.1 5MT

Post by theholycow »

InlinePaul wrote:I buy a fair amount of CDs off Amazon and a few months back they upped the shipping cost from $2.99 to $3.99. Recently I found a used CD I wanted, then went to Half.com and got the same CD used at about the same price for only $2.99 shipping. Guess Half will be getting more of my used CD purchase business in the future.

The other annoying thing is when they had free shipping for $25 orders, I would want something that was listed at $24.95 and so was stuck waiting or buying some useless cheap item just to make the last nickel.

On the positive side, I got $30 off my Amazon order for opening a Amazon credit card and can use the points to purchase off of Amazon. Additionally there have been several times I preordered something and the price went down before it was available and they lowered my price.
CDs? What the heck? Want to buy any of mine? I have tons of 'em, haven't played one in like 10 years. I keep thinking I'll attempt to sell them, might get $10 from my whole collection. Classic rock, 90s/early 2000s rock, country, metal....

There are websites where you can enter the amount of Amazon filler you need to get free super saver shipping and they list items for that price. Amazon recently added specific "filler items" too, which it suggests. Or you could use this:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0017S4BEU
1980 Buick LeSabre 4.1L 5MT

Put your car in your sig!

Learn to launch/FAQs/lugging/misused terms: meta-sig
watkins wrote:Humans have rear-biased AWD. Cows have 4WD
Squint
Master Standardshifter

Post by Squint »

six wrote:Amazon Prime :)

Free 2-day shipping for you and four other people. Split the cost and it's only $16 for each of you. Plus whoever is the primary Prime member (hehe) gets unlimited streaming of a bunch of TV shows and movies, and unlimited lending from the Kindle Library.
This.
'15 Mazda 3 iSport Hatch 6MT
'11 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 5MT
'14 Giant Escape City 24MT
'97 Honda Civic EX 4AT - Retired @ 184,001 mi

For Pony!
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 17 Mazda6 To, 18 Mazda3 i

Post by tankinbeans »

theholycow wrote:
InlinePaul wrote:I buy a fair amount of CDs off Amazon and a few months back they upped the shipping cost from $2.99 to $3.99. Recently I found a used CD I wanted, then went to Half.com and got the same CD used at about the same price for only $2.99 shipping. Guess Half will be getting more of my used CD purchase business in the future.

CDs? What the heck? Want to buy any of mine? I have tons of 'em, haven't played one in like 10 years. I keep thinking I'll attempt to sell them, might get $10 from my whole collection. Classic rock, 90s/early 2000s rock, country, metal....

There are websites where you can enter the amount of Amazon filler you need to get free super saver shipping and they list items for that price. Amazon recently added specific "filler items" too, which it suggests. Or you could use this:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0017S4BEU
One of these days in going to start afresh and copy my CDs onto my computer ago I can sync to my iPod. Currently I have it synced to my laptop, but have 4 copies of everything. Kind of annoying.
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
InlinePaul wrote:The driving force of new fangled features to sell more cars [is to] cater to the masses' abject laziness!
Shadow
Master Standardshifter

Post by Shadow »

AHTOXA wrote:I was going to mention Amazon Prime.

On a side note, I've not bought a CD in over 5 years at the minimum. probably closer to 10.
Me too. I didn't think anyone was buying CDs anymore. I can't even remember my last CD.
ClutchDisc
Senior Standardshifter

Post by ClutchDisc »

Shadow wrote:

Me too. I didn't think anyone was buying CDs anymore. I can't even remember my last CD.
You guys are funny. I still buy CDs.. Image
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 17 Mazda6 To, 18 Mazda3 i

Post by tankinbeans »

ClutchDisc wrote:
Shadow wrote:

You guys are funny. I still buy CDs.. Image
I buy more than I used to.
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
InlinePaul wrote:The driving force of new fangled features to sell more cars [is to] cater to the masses' abject laziness!
ClutchFork
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2008 Fusion 2.3L manual

Post by ClutchFork »

I like owning the CD. Guess it comes from the days when you didn't have electronic music and had to buy albums and play them on a turntable. You would sit there listening to the music and checking out the album art and read the liner notes. A lot of the time I get the CD for not much more than the electronic download (sometimes for less), so why not get the CD unless you had storing them. I also have some CDs that you can't get on electronic download.
Stick shiftin since '77
theholycow wrote:Why in the world would you even want to be as smooth as an automatic? Might as well just drive an automatic...
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

i use CD-Rs to burn music from my computer onto to play in my car's cd player. the CDs contain a mix of MP3 music and files from CDs i burned onto my computer in a past life. i've also in the past had USB and headphone jack hookups on past car stereos to play iphone/ipod music in my past chariots. i also have copies of many CDs i made before the original CDs became unplayable (mainly from improper storage and handling - //cue SS Meat #1 where every single CD tried playing was skipping and the gang wanted to throw me in the river with my boombox).i'm back to playing CDs now. how come i feel like i'm in a time warp??
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
six
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2015 Chevrolet SS 6MT

Post by six »

I still buy CDs on occasion, usually movie/TV soundtracks/scores and big-name albums. I download most of my music since I listen to a lot of electronica, most of which are not released physically otherwise, but you can't beat the sound quality of a CD (with the exception of DVD-A, SACDs, and lossless-downloads) for the same price as iTunes or Amazon MP3. And you can rip the CD in FLAC so you don't lose the quality either.
2015 Heron White Chevrolet SS Sedan 6MT