What scent tree do you use in your ride?

Off-topic posts, quotes of the day and anything else you just would like to vent to the world. PG-13 or below PLEASE!
cwat89
Junior Standardshifter

What scent tree do you use in your ride?

Post by cwat89 »

I personally like black ice and new car, I have also used peach and pear which were good too. Let's see which ones you guys rock in your car. :)
1988 Chevy S10 M5
I will never get rid of this truck!

2006 Chevy Silverado LT3 A4
Squint
Master Standardshifter

Re: What scent tree do you use in your ride?

Post by Squint »

Interesting question. I don't use any scents in my cars, though I did have a car that smelled like pancakes/waffles and syrup for an unknown reason.
'15 Mazda 3 iSport Hatch 6MT
'11 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 5MT
'14 Giant Escape City 24MT
'97 Honda Civic EX 4AT - Retired @ 184,001 mi

For Pony!
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '19 4RUNNER TRD ORP

Post by AHTOXA »

I have not used any scented anything in my car for at least 8-10 years.

My car now smells like everything else - a dog. I happen to like that smell.
'19 Toyota 4Runner TRD ORP
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
daleadbull
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: VW Golf R

Post by daleadbull »

Some of those scents can be pleasant I guess but I really don't like to use any scent in my car. I don't eat or drink in my car, so car stays smelling ok.

Some context tho, I can't stand perfume or cologne either (at least the strong ones, I find them suffocating). :lol: so take my opinion with a grain of salt.
2012 VW Golf R
theholycow
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '80 Buick LeSabre 4.1 5MT

Post by theholycow »

Until this winter, old car scent.

Now: Rotten milk from a glass milk bottle that froze and exploded, thawed, and re-froze. Carpet shampoo that has frozen in place.

If this stupid winter would ever ease off I might be able to clean it properly and air it out.
1980 Buick LeSabre 4.1L 5MT

Put your car in your sig!

Learn to launch/FAQs/lugging/misused terms: meta-sig
watkins wrote:Humans have rear-biased AWD. Cows have 4WD
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 17 Mazda6 To, 18 Mazda3 i

Post by tankinbeans »

If anything I use Black Ice.

However, I hang it from my signal stock. I don't want that tacky crap on my mirror. The only thing hanging there is my tassel from graduation (high school) because I'm the only one to have gone the whole way without getting a GED. Not saying it's a major thing because graduation isn't really, but I'm happy about it.
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
InlinePaul wrote:The driving force of new fangled features to sell more cars [is to] cater to the masses' abject laziness!
watkins
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Saab 9-5 Aero wagon

Post by watkins »

I cannot stand Black Ice. It is one of the most repulsive smells in the world.

I dont use any air fresheners. My car does not smell bad. If I keep something smelly in the car, a day with the windows down gets it out.
ClutchFork
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2008 Fusion 2.3L manual

Post by ClutchFork »

I don't use a scent tree, but if I was going to add scent to my vehicle it would be Marvel Mystery Oil!
Stick shiftin since '77
theholycow wrote:Why in the world would you even want to be as smooth as an automatic? Might as well just drive an automatic...
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 17 Mazda6 To, 18 Mazda3 i

Post by tankinbeans »

Classic muscle car exhaust would be a good one. We all know the scent, but I can't put it into words.
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
InlinePaul wrote:The driving force of new fangled features to sell more cars [is to] cater to the masses' abject laziness!
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '19 4RUNNER TRD ORP

Post by AHTOXA »

If I were to scent it, I would apply Hopped #9 in strategic places or use any gun oil.
'19 Toyota 4Runner TRD ORP
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Post by Rope-Pusher »

tankinbeans wrote:The only thing hanging there is my tassel from graduation (high school) because I'm the only one to have gone the whole way without getting a GED. Not saying it's a major thing because graduation isn't really, but I'm happy about it.
I've met some pretty great people who weren't all that good at book-learnin'. I've met some great people who were pretty good at book learnin', but didn't have good educational opportunities afforded to them. I say never judge a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes, cause then you can take it all into consideration and if you still think he's a putz, well..you've got his shoes and he's barefoot a mile back.
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
Squint
Master Standardshifter

Post by Squint »

Rope-Pusher wrote:I say never judge a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes, cause then you can take it all into consideration and if you still think he's a putz, well..you've got his shoes and he's barefoot a mile back.
Do you also see what a mile's wear does to his wallet while you are at it? :lol:

And good work, TnB, though don't discredit people for getting a GED. At least they had the desire (or requirement - however you want to look at it) to go back and get it. In terms of career/life, a GED = high school graduation. Be proud of what you have done, but don't hold it over others (I'm totally guilty of this at times).
'15 Mazda 3 iSport Hatch 6MT
'11 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 5MT
'14 Giant Escape City 24MT
'97 Honda Civic EX 4AT - Retired @ 184,001 mi

For Pony!
six
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2015 Chevrolet SS 6MT

Post by six »

The scent in my car is whatever smell is outside of it. The recirc function is broken on my car, so it just takes in whatever's outside. And since I live a mile away from a landfill, whatever's outside is usually the smell of garbage :lol:
2015 Heron White Chevrolet SS Sedan 6MT
ClutchFork
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2008 Fusion 2.3L manual

Post by ClutchFork »

six wrote:The scent in my car is whatever smell is outside of it. The recirc function is broken on my car, so it just takes in whatever's outside. And since I live a mile away from a landfill, whatever's outside is usually the smell of garbage :lol:
So then driving behind a smoke spewing oil buring beater would be a breath of fresh air for you! :lol:
Stick shiftin since '77
theholycow wrote:Why in the world would you even want to be as smooth as an automatic? Might as well just drive an automatic...
six
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2015 Chevrolet SS 6MT

Post by six »

InlinePaul wrote:
six wrote:The scent in my car is whatever smell is outside of it. The recirc function is broken on my car, so it just takes in whatever's outside. And since I live a mile away from a landfill, whatever's outside is usually the smell of garbage :lol:
So then driving behind a smoke spewing oil buring beater would be a breath of fresh air for you! :lol:
:lol: :(
2015 Heron White Chevrolet SS Sedan 6MT