Idiots at the gun stores

Off-topic posts, quotes of the day and anything else you just would like to vent to the world. PG-13 or below PLEASE!
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '19 4RUNNER TRD ORP

Idiots at the gun stores

Post by AHTOXA »

I was at a local busy gun shop a little while ago, shortly before I got the S&W Shield. The store was busy, it was a weekend, and lots of people are mingling around. There are a few associates around as well and all are engaged with customers.

I'm standing next to a gentleman as I'm eyeballing the S&W. Associate comes up, asks us whether we need help. I've dismissed the associate as I was fine on my own and pointed to the gent next to me - he wanted to look at a rife on the wall.

So the store associate takes the rife off, proceeds to do the the customary check of chamber to ensure it was clear and hands the rifle to the gent.

What does this gent do? He picks up the rifle, aims it around the store at body level (not at the floor or something) and continues to sweep people with the muzzle! I mean, I get that you might very briefly inadvertently sweep someone in a packed store no matter what you do, but don't freakin' stand there literally aiming at people and I looked up to face the muzzle!!

Over the next few seconds of constant pointing, myself and others got out of his line of sight. How the hell do you not know that one of the main rules of firearms is that you never, ever point it at anyone? The sales guy was apologetic to me but never said a word to the customer; I think he should have.

I cannot tolerate stupidity or ignorance lately, particularly with something like a firearm.
'19 Toyota 4Runner TRD ORP
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 17 Mazda6 To, 18 Mazda3 i

Re: Idiots at the gun stores

Post by tankinbeans »

What a doof.

That's a Darwin Award candidate waiting for his chance to shine.
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
InlinePaul wrote:The driving force of new fangled features to sell more cars [is to] cater to the masses' abject laziness!
Squint
Master Standardshifter

Post by Squint »

tankinbeans wrote:What a doof.

Just get him to demonstrate how he cleans the barrel of a loaded gun and he will voluntarily remove himself from the gene pool.
'15 Mazda 3 iSport Hatch 6MT
'11 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 5MT
'14 Giant Escape City 24MT
'97 Honda Civic EX 4AT - Retired @ 184,001 mi

For Pony!
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Post by Rope-Pusher »

Squint wrote:
tankinbeans wrote:What a doof.

Just get him to demonstrate how he cleans the barrel of a loaded gun and he will voluntarily remove himself from the gene pool.
He'll NEVER handle a gun that way on MY BB-Gun range.
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
noob5,000,000
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 1986 Mazda RX-7 x2

Post by noob5,000,000 »

Last edited by noob5,000,000 on Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1986 Mazda RX-7 sport - slowly returning to the Earth
1986 Mazda RX-7 base - Project car, ???, In pieces, turbo parts around.
theholycow
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '80 Buick LeSabre 4.1 5MT

Post by theholycow »

noob5,000,000 wrote:Image
Can't hotlink from funnyjunk. If the image you want is found there you have to save it, upload it somewhere else (I recommend imgur), and then embed from the new host.
1980 Buick LeSabre 4.1L 5MT

Put your car in your sig!

Learn to launch/FAQs/lugging/misused terms: meta-sig
watkins wrote:Humans have rear-biased AWD. Cows have 4WD
ClutchFork
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2008 Fusion 2.3L manual

Post by ClutchFork »

Years ago I knew a guy got the bug to go hunting, though he didn't know what he was doing. He bought a rifle and was showing it to me in his bedroom in the upstairs of his parents house. Points it out the window at a car coming up the street and follows the car as it passes his house. Just think, there are miscreants doing this to passing cars and we don't even know it. Some of them probably have the gun loaded when they follow live targets just to make it more exciting.
Stick shiftin since '77
theholycow wrote:Why in the world would you even want to be as smooth as an automatic? Might as well just drive an automatic...
monkeyhunk
Senior Standardshifter

Post by monkeyhunk »

I knew an idiot when I was about 17 that popped off a few shots at a passing transport truck from a corn field just for grins. Not much surprises me any more.
noob5,000,000
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 1986 Mazda RX-7 x2

Post by noob5,000,000 »

theholycow wrote:
noob5,000,000 wrote:Image
Can't hotlink from funnyjunk. If the image you want is found there you have to save it, upload it somewhere else (I recommend imgur), and then embed from the new host.
FFUUU- fixin'.

1986 Mazda RX-7 sport - slowly returning to the Earth
1986 Mazda RX-7 base - Project car, ???, In pieces, turbo parts around.
dakta1420
Junior Standardshifter
Cars: 2014 ford focus should 5s

Post by dakta1420 »

I am going to blame these poor actions on a couple things. First one being a change in society and the proper place and understanding of firearms. It used to be common for kids to become educated young about guns. Second thing. People have less respect and personal responsibility than they used to. Parents used to expect more from their kids. Now kids are coddled to the point of being spoiled brats which leads to less respectable behavior. I always point it at the ground when looking it over.
AHTOXA
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '19 4RUNNER TRD ORP

Post by AHTOXA »

Yeah, I fully agree with that.
'19 Toyota 4Runner TRD ORP
'12 Suzuki V-Strom 650