banned from a forum without notice or reason

Off-topic posts, quotes of the day and anything else you just would like to vent to the world. PG-13 or below PLEASE!
tankinbeans
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 17 Mazda6 To, 18 Mazda3 i

Re: banned from a forum without notice or reason

Post by tankinbeans »

The hell?

I've never thought to flush anything in an engine with water.
17 Mazda6 Touring
18 Mazda3 iSport
InlinePaul wrote:The driving force of new fangled features to sell more cars [is to] cater to the masses' abject laziness!
theholycow
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '80 Buick LeSabre 4.1 5MT

Post by theholycow »

tankinbeans wrote:I've never thought to flush anything in an engine with water.
Good. Keep it that way.

Except, of course, the cooling system.
1980 Buick LeSabre 4.1L 5MT

Put your car in your sig!

Learn to launch/FAQs/lugging/misused terms: meta-sig
watkins wrote:Humans have rear-biased AWD. Cows have 4WD
Squint
Master Standardshifter

Post by Squint »

Cow, I read through far more pages of that than I care to admit... I don't think he was trolling. I think he seriously flushed his engine with water after someone sarcastically mentioned it on the forum.

Remind me to tell my son about that when he's a bit older.
'15 Mazda 3 iSport Hatch 6MT
'11 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 5MT
'14 Giant Escape City 24MT
'97 Honda Civic EX 4AT - Retired @ 184,001 mi

For Pony!
ClutchFork
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2008 Fusion 2.3L manual

Post by ClutchFork »

Troll or not, it's hilarious! :lol:
Stick shiftin since '77
theholycow wrote:Why in the world would you even want to be as smooth as an automatic? Might as well just drive an automatic...
SueZee
Junior Standardshifter
Cars: '14 FJ 6MT, '78 280Z 5MT

Post by SueZee »

I agree! This is the friendliest forum I've been on. The worst was a stay-at-moms forum I was on way back when my first was just born. Snarky!!!
'14 Toyota FJ Cruiser-MT
'78 Datsun 280Z-MT
Squint
Master Standardshifter

Post by Squint »

SueZee wrote:I agree! This is the friendliest forum I've been on. The worst was a stay-at-moms forum I was on way back when my first was just born. Snarky!!!
My wife was on a few of those when µSquint (micro-me) was born. I know exactly what you are talking about and she no longer frequents them. There was more drama on those boards than in high school...

For Pony!
SueZee
Junior Standardshifter

Post by SueZee »

And to perfectly illustrate my point, no one was mean to me for not quoting the post I was replying to (which happened to be on the first page of responses because I neglected to read the entire thread lol) and in fact Squint responded in agreement! See, just a nice cozy forum :).
'14 Toyota FJ Cruiser-MT
'78 Datsun 280Z-MT
Squint
Master Standardshifter

Post by Squint »

SueZee wrote:And to perfectly illustrate my point, no one was mean to me for not quoting the post I was replying to (which happened to be on the first page of responses because I neglected to read the entire thread lol) and in fact Squint responded in agreement! See, just a nice cozy forum :).
:lol: :lol: If you hang around long enough, you'll notice that posts are often quoted and fixed by Rope-Pusher (and others including me) completely changing the original quote.

I'm of the opinion that as long as the idea still comes across, there is no reason to put the quote. If you want to make sure there is no confusion, fine. I may be a stickler for how people use the English language, but I don't have the same feelings regarding how to use a forum. :wink: :lol:

For Pony!
theholycow
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '80 Buick LeSabre 4.1 5MT

Post by theholycow »

Squint wrote:I'm of the opinion that as long as the idea still comes across, there is no reason to put the quote.
Therein lies the rub.

As part of an effort to shorten my novel-length posts I've attempted not quoting, at times when I feel it is glaringly obvious. Sometimes I'm wrong and it was not so obvious.
1980 Buick LeSabre 4.1L 5MT

Put your car in your sig!

Learn to launch/FAQs/lugging/misused terms: meta-sig
watkins wrote:Humans have rear-biased AWD. Cows have 4WD
comingbackdown
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2013 Ford Fiesta

Post by comingbackdown »

AHTOXA wrote:Our community is odd. It's small and doesn't have many transients. Many of the regular here have met one or more other member in person and have a story or two to tell. And it's true, we don't usually have a clique attitude on here.

Pepe Lopez and his retarded friends Admiral Nelson and Evan Williams come to mind.
I've been to a meet, and I have every intention of seeking time off for the next one. Be a great excuse for a long and happy bike trip! Then there's the time the aforequoted came to hang out. Good times. This is one of the only two forums that I make any attempt at frequenting. The other is just like ours (aside from the fact that they have a yearly subscription, but totally worth it) with a very friendly tight knit group of helpful, patient people. I'm a member of God knows how many forums, but I don't do much more than lurk on many of them unless I have to. We are truly an internet oddity here.
2013 Ford Fiesta + a bike and a land yacht which are in pieces.
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

comingbackdown wrote:
AHTOXA wrote:Our community is odd. It's small and doesn't have many transients. Many of the regular here have met one or more other member in person and have a story or two to tell. And it's true, we don't usually have a clique attitude on here.

Pepe Lopez and his retarded friends Admiral Nelson and Evan Williams come to mind.
I've been to a meet, and I have every intention of seeking time off for the next one. Be a great excuse for a long and happy bike trip! Then there's the time the aforequoted came to hang out. Good times. This is one of the only two forums that I make any attempt at frequenting. The other is just like ours (aside from the fact that they have a yearly subscription, but totally worth it) with a very friendly tight knit group of helpful, patient people. I'm a member of God knows how many forums, but I don't do much more than lurk on many of them unless I have to. We are truly an internet oddity here.
amen, amen i tell you. i don't even drive stick anymore (going on 2 years now) and i'm in here almost everyday. many fond memories of ss meets 1, 3 and 4 too. many fun times with tony and even watkins; driving through the mountains, eating burritos, visiting weird historic sites, stand tall and carry a little stick, getting watkins drunk and burning big things, drinking rum, whiskey and tequila out of (mostly) plastic bottles, OLE!! drinking tony's weird exotic beers. Only thing I take issue with that comes up every year is that Evan is NOT one of the retarded friends but the maker of a reputable whiskey (that comes in a glass bottle). if anything, pepe and the admiral are the retarded friends.

http://vimeo.com/12988566
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
SueZee
Junior Standardshifter

Post by SueZee »

Where/when are said meets? These all sound like things I wanna do! A few years back I hung out with a group of people who rode dirt bikes together and there was an annual New year's day get together at someone's farm in Illinois. Most of the women folk (not I) cooked chili all day and had warm beverages waiting for us when we'd take breaks from our trail riding. A couple of older members (70's) would bring out their old European trail bikes and let everyone who wanted to ride them around. Riding a bike like that makes you appreciate modern shocks/suspension.
'14 Toyota FJ Cruiser-MT
'78 Datsun 280Z-MT
watkins
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Saab 9-5 Aero wagon

Post by watkins »

We havent had a meet in a few years due to life.

On that note:
I hang out with a local Focus ST group that is thinking of doing a trip to good mountain roads. I suggested the place in WV where we used to meet. If it happens it is also an excuse to make another SS meet happen. Buch of good guys who would fit in quite well with the SS mindset/liverset.
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Post by Rope-Pusher »

theholycow wrote: Image
Therein lies the rub.
Fickset
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"