Which internet browser do you use the most?

Off-topic posts, quotes of the day and anything else you just would like to vent to the world. PG-13 or below PLEASE!

Which web browser do you use the most?

Android Browser
No votes
Apple Safari
13%
Google Chrome
44%
Microsoft Internet Explorer
No votes
Mozilla Firefox
38%
Opera
6%
Alternative (SeaMonkey, Maxthon, Epiphany, Konquerer, etc)
No votes

Total votes: 16

ClutchFork
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2008 Fusion 2.3L manual

Re: Which internet browser do you use the most?

Post by ClutchFork »

IMBoring25 wrote: That's assuming they'll let you. I basically was the IT department at my last job, so I was able to do what I wanted. At my current workplace, IT rules with an iron fist and you will not download or install unapproved software under penalty of whatever you can think of. We don't even have rights to manually install patches.
Yep, me too. We can't even run a personal electronic device for music. Nothing plugs in but what they allow. I can insert CDs though and play them. We cannot download any software without approval.
Stick shiftin since '77
theholycow wrote:Why in the world would you even want to be as smooth as an automatic? Might as well just drive an automatic...
noob5,000,000
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 1986 Mazda RX-7 x2

Post by noob5,000,000 »

I use Chrome, never had any issues with it and there are useful add-ons for anything you can think of. I used to use Firefox for a number of years, I don't remember having any problems with that, either. I think I just decided to try Chrome one day to see what it was all about, then never switched back when it also worked fine.
1986 Mazda RX-7 sport - slowly returning to the Earth
1986 Mazda RX-7 base - Project car, ???, In pieces, turbo parts around.
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Post by Rope-Pusher »

It's preposterous that someone with a sense of humor hasn't come out with a browser named "Groucho"!
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
Squint
Master Standardshifter

Post by Squint »

InlinePaul wrote:
IMBoring25 wrote: That's assuming they'll let you. I basically was the IT department at my last job, so I was able to do what I wanted. At my current workplace, IT rules with an iron fist and you will not download or install unapproved software under penalty of whatever you can think of. We don't even have rights to manually install patches.
Yep, me too. We can't even run a personal electronic device for music. Nothing plugs in but what they allow. I can insert CDs though and play them. We cannot download any software without approval.
We might be able to use CDs, I'd have to check. We are specifically not allowed to use USB plugs on the computers - even just for charging. We can't download any other browsers or software that isn't on a pre-approved list through a work website. Even then, you sometimes still have to get written permission (yes, literally written, with signature(s)) to get the license for that program.

I use chrome at home (thinking of getting Chrome Cast, too), and forced to use IE 8 at work. Safari on my iPhone is tolerable enough for the basic web browsing I do on that device.
'15 Mazda 3 iSport Hatch 6MT
'11 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 5MT
'14 Giant Escape City 24MT
'97 Honda Civic EX 4AT - Retired @ 184,001 mi

For Pony!
potownrob
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '17 CX-5 GT

Post by potownrob »

Squint wrote:
We might be able to use CDs, I'd have to check. We are specifically not allowed to use USB plugs on the computers - even just for charging. We can't download any other browsers or software that isn't on a pre-approved list through a work website. Even then, you sometimes still have to get written permission (yes, literally written, with signature(s)) to get the license for that program.

I use chrome at home (thinking of getting Chrome Cast, too), and forced to use IE 8 at work. Safari on my iPhone is tolerable enough for the basic web browsing I do on that device.
who's stopping you from plugging in your phone to charge?? Or do they have it set to not even charge things?? Sounds pretty ridiculous...luckily there are wall chargers...
ClutchFork wrote:...So I started carrying a stick of firewood with me and that became my parking brake.
IMBoring25

Post by IMBoring25 »

In-your-face admins can set machines up to tattle as soon as an unapproved USB device is plugged in and immediately initiate disciplinary action.
Squint
Master Standardshifter

Post by Squint »

IMBoring25 wrote:In-your-face admins can set machines up to tattle as soon as an unapproved USB device is plugged in and immediately initiate disciplinary action.
^^ They have monitoring software on every computer. Every hardware piece has a tracked serial number attached to an employee. They are serious. :lol: :lol:

But yeah, wall plug-USB adapaters are everywhere in the office :lol:

For Pony!
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Post by Rope-Pusher »

Squint wrote:
IMBoring25 wrote:In-your-face admins can set machines up to tattle as soon as an unapproved USB device is plugged in and immediately initiate disciplinary action.
^^ They have monitoring software on every computer. Every hardware piece has a tracked serial number attached to an employee. They are serious. :lol: :lol:

My monitor has a cupple you-esby jacks on the side that keep a charging cord plugt into.
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
six
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2015 Chevrolet SS 6MT

Post by six »

Squint wrote:

OMG, I hate that. :shock: :shock: Unless you're working at Lockheed, NASA, or the Pentagon, that is so extreme. Luckily I don't have to deal with that. *shudder*
2015 Heron White Chevrolet SS Sedan 6MT
Squint
Master Standardshifter

Post by Squint »

six wrote:
Squint wrote:

OMG, I hate that. :shock: :shock: Unless you're working at Lockheed, NASA, or the Pentagon, that is so extreme. Luckily I don't have to deal with that. *shudder*
My office does some work with Lockheed (but I don't work at Lockheed) :lol:

And RP, not allowed to use the monitor USB ports either. Some of the monitors in the office have them.

For Pony!
ClutchDisc
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2009 Mazda 5 2.3L 5MT

Post by ClutchDisc »

Well now (if I could) I would have to change my vote to "Alternative". I still use Firefox a little, but now my main browser is Chromium. Chromium is an open source browser that is the base for Google Chrome. It looks a lot like Google Chrome, but I like it a lot better.
09 Mazda 5 2.3 5-speed manual 171k
11 Subaru Forester auto :( 113k
92 Ford Mustang LX 5.0 5-speed manual 151k
ClutchFork
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2008 Fusion 2.3L manual

Post by ClutchFork »

Lately I have been using Chromium instead of Chrome or Firefox.
Stick shiftin since '77
theholycow wrote:Why in the world would you even want to be as smooth as an automatic? Might as well just drive an automatic...
Squint
Master Standardshifter

Post by Squint »

InlinePaul wrote:Lately I have been using Chromium instead of Chrome or Firefox.
For some reason, this doesn't surprise me... :wink: :lol:

For Pony!
ClutchDisc
Senior Standardshifter
Cars: 2009 Mazda 5 2.3L 5MT

Post by ClutchDisc »

Squint wrote:
InlinePaul wrote:Lately I have been using Chromium instead of Chrome or Firefox.
Why, because a few days before I posted that I switched to Chromium? :wink:
09 Mazda 5 2.3 5-speed manual 171k
11 Subaru Forester auto :( 113k
92 Ford Mustang LX 5.0 5-speed manual 151k
Squint
Master Standardshifter

Post by Squint »

ClutchDisc wrote:
Squint wrote:
Why, because a few days before I posted that I switched to Chromium? :wink:
Certainly not that. That is just a complete coincidence.

For Pony!