Leasing Uber Alles?

Off-topic posts, quotes of the day and anything else you just would like to vent to the world. PG-13 or below PLEASE!
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Leasing Uber Alles?

Post by Rope-Pusher »

LEASING IS CHEAPER - From autoline daily
'Paying for your mobility as you need it might be the wave of the future. But right now leasing a car is cheaper. It all depends on how much you drive. A recent article from Medium.com says you would pay about $12,700 using Uber if you drove 9,500 miles a year. But according to SwapALease.com, it would be much cheaper to lease a car, about $4,800 a year in lease payments, over $1,300 a year in fuel (assuming gas is $3.50 a gallon), around $1,300 for insurance and about $350 for maintenance. That brings the lease total to about $7,800. So if you drive 9,500 miles or more a year, you’d save nearly five grand if you lease your car instead of using Uber.'

It all depends on your situation. If you pay parking fees, if you don't drive many miles, if you are a high insurance risk, if you don't have a driver's license,.....there are a lot of ways where using Uber could be less expensive.
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
six
Master Standardshifter
Cars: 2015 Chevrolet SS 6MT

Re: Leasing Uber Alles?

Post by six »

Do people really commute with Uber??
2015 Heron White Chevrolet SS Sedan 6MT
Rope-Pusher
Master Standardshifter
Cars: '08 Jeep Liberty

Post by Rope-Pusher »

six wrote:Do people really commute with Uber??
Work and school are not casual destinations. You could if you had a long-standing agreement for a driver to be there every day to drive to and from your daily destinations.
Mebbe it would be like long-term rental of a hotel room and they'd give you some sorta discount for being a regular customer.
'08 Jeep Liberty 6-Speed MT - "Last of the Mohicans"
wannabe
Master Standardshifter
Cars: NONE - take the bus

Post by wannabe »

with uber i take it to/from work only if there are no buses running OR i woke up too late. sunday after shift there are no buses, so i uber home if my sister doesn't work (she works in the pharmacy thats near my job)
2003 Chrysler town and country

Crafting and stuff